PDA

View Full Version : Poly Dining

jennsky
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
So, I'm a Poly newbie and was reading another post about things to do at the resort. A lot of different foods to try were mentioned, but I am wondering what other suggestions there are as far as specific foods are.

Obviously Tonga Toast.

But, what is Kona Coffee? Lapu lapu (sp?)?? Gimme some more ideas!

Natazu
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Idea One: Go to 'Ohana - eat some of everything
Idea Two: after 'Ohana, run up and down the beach 10 times (not immediately after)
Idea Three: Try a Lapu Lapu and a Backscratcher.
Idea Four: Braised Pork Belly Salad (Kona Cafe)
Idea Five: Pot Stickers (Kona Cafe)
Idea Six: Tuna Oscar (Kona Cafe)

What is a Lapu Lapu?
Tropical fruit juices and Myers dark rum served a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151

What is a Kona Coffee?
Rich, fine, Hawaiian coffee - not a blend, hand ground and served from a French Press for maximum flavor and freshness.

jennsky
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
MMM...sounds all so good! Where do you get this Lapu Lapu?

DreamFinder2
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, the coffee IS amazing...I remember it from the last time we ate at Kona Cafe'. What a way to start your day :thumbsup:.

Mikey Piano 23
01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Ohana!!! We go every trip and find its a great experience every time! The skewered meats are awesome and so is the rest of the food! ENJOY!!!!

Jared
01-16-2008, 12:56 AM
The two restaurants at the Polynesian are arguably my favorite restaurants in Walt Disney World, and my family tries to eat at both every trip.

'Ohana offers a wonderful family-style feast featuring skewered grilled meats and delicious appetizers, specially the honey coriander chicken wings. The bread pudding with vanilla ice cream is a perfect finale to the meal.

I like Kona Cafe for dinner, mostly for the homemade desserts, but it also serves one of the best breakfasts on property.

:tasty:

vamaggie
01-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Also there is Cap'n Cooks (for QS) The grown up grilled cheese is awesome!!! The Tonga Toast is yummy (and filling) and the Mickey waffles are huge! If the Poly was not at WDW (with all the other diningA options) we could easily keep ourselves happy (and full!) dining at the Poly alone!

laprana
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Also be sure to get a Dole Whip at Captain Cooks! If you're on the DDP, you can use a snack credit for one, but you can also get it as your dessert with a CS meal. They give you the cup and then you can go to the self-serve machine after you're done eating, so you don't have to worry about it melting away! (Plus, you can make it as BIG as you want! :D) Yummmmm!!!!

May524
01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Ofcourse eat at O'Hana...it's SO good! I prefer dinner over breakfast, but both are VERY yummy!
We ate at the Kona Cafe 2x during our last stay there, once for lunch, the other for dinner. Both were GREAT and we will definetly make sure we eat at the Kona Cafe for upcoming trips, even if we don't stay at the Poly...we always send up at O'Hana too :D

Natazu
01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
MMM...sounds all so good! Where do you get this Lapu Lapu?

Tambu Lounge which is attached to 'Ohana on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House at the Polynesian

IloveDisney71
01-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I had my first Lapu Lapu at Ohanas:lei: about a month ago. It was delicious and I highly recommend one. They serve it in a pineapple!:papple: I've eaten at Ohanas several times, but this was my first time trying the Lapu Lapu. I'll be ordering one on my next visit. :thumbsup: The Barcardi 151 gives it a little extra "punch" - no complaints from me for that!

Hull-onian
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
We are going to the Kona Cafe and Ohana's for the first time ever. We are so looking forward to a great dining experience. We went to the Spirit of Aloha show and really enjoyed it. The Poly is a great resort.:lei::papple:

jennsky
01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm so excited! I can't wait! And to make it even more special, my husband knows we're staying at a deluxe resort but doesn't know which one. Tee hee!