PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fair-help please

Gator
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
This is a character dining I've never even thought or read about after all these years. But as it turns out, my DD is a HUGE Mary Poppins fan, so I'm wanting to go there.

Q1: Is it hard to get ressies there like at Cindy's RT, or is it like the other character meals?

Q2: How does one get there in the morning from another resort (Pop, CS, etc)?

Natazu
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
It's not hard to get into the Mary Poppins meals at all. No worries.

To get there, take the resort bus to MK, then Monorail to GF. Allow 1hr travel time.

wendy*darling
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
:ditto:

That's your best option.
The buses and monorail start running around 7-7:30am.

But I'll also add that if you are driving, you can park in the MK parking lot and take the "Resort" monorail over to the Grand Floridian.

Enjoy the breakfast. The restaurant is fun, and there are lots more characters than just Mary Poppins. You may see several characters you don't normally see around the parks- like Alice, Mad Hatter and others. The food is excellent, too. We have long enjoyed 1900 Park Fare.

Take some time to look around the GF lobby as well. It's breath-taking! :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
01-16-2008, 10:56 AM
This is our favorite buffet breakfast. Some of the characters talk, like mad hatter, Mary Poppins, and Alice. Others, like Pooh, etc., don't. If they're out of earshot, or not too busy, DH will ask them questions about their jobs, and what else they do during the day.

We go every trip, (without) reservations. We just show up a few minutes before opening, and are seated immediately. Food is really good, but then breakfast is our favorite meal.:D

Jeff
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
This is our favorite breakfast buffet as well. We tried it once because my daughter is an "Alice" fan. We go back now because the food is so good.:thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
01-17-2008, 09:05 AM
The food at 1900 PF is a step up from most buffets. Food is always good, and except for one not-ready-for-prime-time-Alice, have always had great interaction with the characters. On one visit, DGD#3 had such fun with Pooh, that as he left our table, she yelled, "You get back here right now!" And he did, for one more hug, creating a smile that remains in my mind more vivid than any photo!

In 2006, we did dinner, and celebrated DS#2's DBF's birthday. Food was great, and experience was wonderful.

Getting to Grand Floridian is easy....It is on the Resort Monorail....catch either at TTC or at MK. For other hotels, take resort bus to MK and catch monorail or boat to GF.

DANAM
01-21-2008, 10:44 PM
The foods great it is one of my childhood favorites!!! I would suggest making ADR if you want to eat at peak times. When we went in May 2006 I called 90 days in advance and had a problem getting in around 7pm. They had switch to taking ADR at 180 and I was not aware of that. We ate for 8:30 which was better than the 5 o'clock. Either way you will love it!!!

jenfriend
01-21-2008, 10:54 PM
The characters for lunch and dinner have changed. Mary Poppins now only appears for breakfast (maybe lunch). Cinderella only appears for dinner.

Make ADRs for every morning you may want to eat at a particular restaurant. Do not count on being able to walk up. You may be able to to do this, but if you are counting on a certain day/time, make the ADR.

I saw a family that walked up turned away on a Thurs. evening on our trip last week.

moe513
01-22-2008, 08:00 AM
We saw Mary Poppins in epcot near Rose and Crown. She was wearing her White and Red dress.