PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical in the Parks

Verolovesdisney
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Hello all!

High School Musical is starting to take over Cinderella and company as my 7 year daughter favorite Disney "thing". We'll be there next month, could someone kindly let me know how visible High School Musical is in the park. I believe there is some sort of traveling show at HS? Anything else? Lots of merchandise?

Thanks,

Richard

-------------------------------------
Mar - 1976 - Offsite
Sep - 1999 - ASMovies (Honeymoon)
Jan - 2001 - ASMusic
Sep - 2004 - Pop Century
Feb - 2006 - Disneyland
Feb - 2008 - Pop Century

Dopey's Girl
01-15-2008, 09:19 PM
I live with an almost 7 year old who has caught the HSM bug too. I just got back today (boo!) and there is a TON of stuff, as far as merchandise (shirts, bags, hats, stickers, everything!) and there is a HSM show in Hollywood Studios as well!

Your little Zach Effron fan (did you hear he had to have emergency surgery to remove his appendix?!) should be thrilled!

playdead88
01-16-2008, 06:02 AM
HSM items will not be hard to find anywhere and there is a show at MGM - its in front of the hat 4 or 5 times a day - we watched it last year a couple times and it was really cute - the kids loved it! have fun im sure your HSM fan will not be disappointed :cheer:

tennantsrwe
01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Ahhh the HSM madness! Our DD,10, is a HUGE HSM fan and she was sooo excited about our trip this past Dec. MGM has more HSN merchandise, or maybe I should say a better variety. But HSM items can be found everywhere....from your hotel gift shop to kiosk's in the park. We didn't do DTD but I can almose bet there is a ton there, too. As for the stage show it's at MGM...check the Times Guide at the park when you arrive for times. It's on about 5-6 times a day. If you get close to the front you have a good chance of being asked to join in on the fun. Our DD got to dance with the CM during the show....she's was on :cloud9:, and still is! Hope you have a great time!

Pipalotta
01-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I just returned as well and yes there is HSM stuff everywhere especially at DHS. The show they do is like 25mins and it seems like it is performed like some time every hour. They even have popcorn buckets with HSM on them.

kaylamag
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know if there is any Hannah Montana merchandise? My poor daughter thinks she is going to see Hannah while we are in the World.

Taja
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Not as much as HSM, but Hannah Montanna is well represented in merchandise.

Some of it is available in general retail. I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, just noticed I had seen some items in local stores.

CzyDsneyFan
01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you for all the info about the HSM show. We are currently planning our next family trip to the World and all 3 of our kids are huge HSM fans. I was hoping to be able to get my boys some Wildcats gear while we were there. I think that we have almost everything that they sell in the regular stores. To include the Sing It game and the Disney DDR game. Oldest DS also decided to grow out his hair like Zac Efron so the show will be on the top of our list.

DisneyFreak1228
01-28-2008, 06:21 AM
HSM is usually done about 5 times a day in front of the hat at Studios. HOWEVER, the location can change, so make sure to stop by the tipboard to verify location. There are some instances where they'll have the show in the Fantasmic Courtyard, or even back on Streets of America.

And the merchandise is EVERYWHERE! I myself have Wildcat Fever (and it doesn't help that a lot of my friends work crowd control for the show, or that my boyfriend's one of the dancers in it) and I (or my daughter) own everything branded HSM.