PDA

View Full Version : Pet Loops?

csdavis
01-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I heard somewhere that all loops are now pet loops? Has anyone found this to be true?

rubato
01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I certainly hope not. Nothing against dogs because I love them, but I don't want to deal with other people's while on vacation. :)

faline
01-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't believe that all loops have been designated as pet loops. There have been some reports that Disney cast members have been "bending" the rules and have allowed those with pets to stay in loops that are not designated as pet loops.

NJ Camper
01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I heard the same that they have been bending the rules my guess is if the pet loops get full and a site is open they made a exception but don't believe they would let that happen if they had a pet site avialable

faline
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I believe the 500 loop has been designated as the overflow pet loop so if all the pet loops are full, folks should be assigned to this specific loop. I wonder if they're filling that as well?

NJ Camper
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
That could be I know from the camping I do elsewhere that over the last few years there has been more people bringing pets or just more pet people camping that was one of the big reasons why I got my rv my wife wouldn't leave our 2 dogs home or in a kennel so we bought a rv now the go with us they have been to disney all but 2 of my trips they love it they go nuts when we start packing the rv and can't wait to go they have been to boston ,myrtle beach,pocono's ,etc But have noticed more pets everywhere not just disney:pluto:

Camping Mom
01-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Seems no matter what loop we are in, we see dogs. I think the rules have not only bent, but broke. I love dogs, but I don't want one next to me barking.

NJ Camper
01-18-2008, 05:28 PM
We stayed in the pet loops in Nov. and rarely heard a barking dog but we usually are in the parks but when we are there we don't here them either are you worried about hearing them or did you have a problem on a trip already:dog::paw:

mickey98
01-19-2008, 10:21 AM
The pet rules are not just bent, they are outright ignored !!! We camped in November 07 in the 200 loop and there were 3 sites with dogs.( we have nothing against dogs, we have one, but we do not take her with us to Disney ) One site was across from us. We questioned the camper and were told that they had " special " permission from the front desk. We also asked security when they drove thru and they told us they have " special " permission and not to question it.. Sounds as if letters need to be written to the General Manager Rich Meyer. Maybe he is or is not aware of the rule bending. However I suspect if he gets enough letters he will need to act and control the situation.

NJ Camper
01-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I have only heard that people are seeing dogs in non pet loops but no one is saying if there was a problem where they barkin or not cleaning up after them or is it just that they are in a non pet loop:confused:

mickey98
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I have only heard that people are seeing dogs in non pet loops but no one is saying if there was a problem where they barkin or not cleaning up after them or is it just that they are in a non pet loop:confused:
On our last trip in November 07, yes the dogs that were in loop 200 ( non pet loop ) were barking day and night. and no. the owners did not clean up after them when they walked them around the loop. The point of whether or not they bark or get cleaned up after by their owners, The rules are being broken. If you want to bring your pet on vacation that is fantastic. However the pet should be contained in the assigned loops Disney has established. For the folks who do not bring their pets on vacation we should not have to be disturbed by their barking or smelling their nature calls. If we wanted to listen to dogs bark and deal with nature calls we would bring our pet on vacation with us. Rules are there for a purpose to allow all campers the right to be subjected to pets if they so choose. The F.W. front desk is taking away that right. We pay good money to stay at F.W. and deserve the accomodations we have reserved.

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
If it was me i would have ? the front desk there is no reason for people to have barking dogs all day and night and as for not picking up after there pets thats just not respecting others but that happens even in the pet loops i have 2 dogs that have made 10 + disney trips and NEVER heard a complaint I have always picked up after my 2 at disney and anywhere we havebeen camping I have even picked up others just to not make problems we have had problems at disney also we had boy scouts behind us but the other part of there party was across from us so the kids would run or bike threw our site maybe we should not allow kids we also had a problem with people having more than one car at a site which made it tough to get in our site maybe all cars should go in a lot the shame of it is it all is about respect if every one would give it to each other there wouldn't be a problem i agree there is rules for a reason but if no one enforces them or notifies the front desk then they will continue to be broken its a shome a few rotten apples spoil it for others:(

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Now that i think about it there have been people who have been in the pet loops who i have never seen with pets also maybe they should have to stay home unless there is a non pet loop don't think disney would agree though