PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Bayou POR

crazeedizneefinatic
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
We are staying in the Alligator Bayou section of POR in September. For all that have stayed there is it close to anything (main pool, food court)?? Also at this resort are there different bus stops or just one. Is there a particular building you like more? Any opinions would be great!

Zippy 1
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
We stayed in Alligator Bayou building 36 in November. While we were very close to a bus stop we were quite a walk from the main buildings and main pool. We loved our stay there. We would just make sure next time we were closer to the front. We like to use our refillable mugs and get snacks. But after a long day in the parks the walk could be rough. We did start getting off at the main building and refilling the mugs and then head to the room. But when you are very tired with a child the walk can seem like 1000 miles.

ibrowse17
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
POR is a pretty spread out place, so a little homework could save you a lot of walking. There are three bus stops for the whole resort, two mainly for Alligator Bend. We asked for building 14 for our upcoming trip, to be closer to the main building and bus stop. Building choice all boils down to what you want to be near, so good luck and have a great trip.:thumbsup:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I do see on info central that building 14 & 15 are closest to the food court. Are these rooms preferred room rate? Also has anyone had experience with the trundle beds? Are they very very close to the floor. I am imagining they are since they are underneath the main bed. I cannot imagine. I guess my son will be sleeping with us.

RoosMomKanga
01-15-2008, 03:53 PM
You can see the Building #'s on the Intercot Resort Maps. We stayed with my family of 5 and loved it. We requested Building 14 and got 27. In Allig. Bayou-14 is closest to the food and pool, 15 is closest to the bus stop. 27 was fine though...nice short walk along the river to food/main pool and it was just off one of the lesser pools-but not right on it so it was very quiet. Agree- you could spend a lot of time walking if you're in the wrong building here (I'd give them 1st and second choice buildings). We love PO!

DisneyCrazyET
01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
We stayed in Bldg. 34 in Dec. It was next to the westdepot. It was a long walk to the food court and with the winding pathways it was sometimes confusing. Sometimes I would walk to the west depot and ask if they were going to the south depot and just hop on instead of walking. (some buses stop at the front first and others go around to the back stops first)

Kairi_7378
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
There's no "preferred rate" (for a closer location) at the moderate resorts. You can upgrade to a "water view" or to a King sized bed.

If you want to be close to the food court and main bus stop, I would pick buildings 14, 18, or 15. 21 is also nice because it is pretty close to the main building and main bus stop and not too far from the pool.

LarryBoy
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Our son, who was 6 at the time, absolutely loved the trundle bed. So it worked out perfect for us: mommy had a bed, daddy had a bed, and DS had a bed. Believe me after a long day at WDW it's nice to have your own bed. We did end up a long way from the main building, but close to a bus stop. Our only other choice at the time was in Magnolia Bend, so for us it was worth it to have the trundle bed. So the ideal room would be one of the AB buildings close to the food court, because we too get good use out of our mugs.

#1donaldfan
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
It's all pretty much centralized, however bldg. 18 / 27 / and 14 are the absolute closest to the food, busses and main pool. 18 / 27 have a quiet pool attached and 14 is the closest to the food and south bus depot. Your only a minute walk to the food, pool and busses from these bldgs. They are the same price as any others and they all have standard and water view rates......actually we never do the water view, and do save some money, as the view is limited and who sits in their room at Disney to look at the water anyway.....?????