PDA

View Full Version : Need A Perfect Meeting Spot For Surprise In Epcot

goin2disney
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
We are going with friends this trip and the boys do not know that their best friends are joining us. So, on our first day (Epcot) we will meet and SURPRISE. It will be really cute too since they will also be in matching tshirts:haha:
So, I need a good spot for us to meet.
Any suggestions. I thought it would be really funny to get on the same monorail car but that would be a little harder to coordinate.
Thanks!:mickey:

jpH/keD
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
The quaintest place I would say would be in the England country there is a small courtyard w/ a gazebo. If you walk all the way over there in the morning you would be nearly the only ones there since WS doesnt open til around 11am.

OR if you want something closer to the beginning of the park they have those walls where folks put their names on the bricks they could happen to meet going thru the maze-like things!

OR near the fountains would be fun too. They are close to the entrance too.

That sounds like the coolest thing to do! I could never keep the surprise that long!! Have so much fun!!:thumbsup:

ibrowse17
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with the fountains, as it is not far from the entrance. Or, the group that first arrived could just wait at the base of SSE. That way they could see each other coming. Sounds like a great trip, have fun:thumbsup:

DisneyTeen
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
If you are trying to kind of close to the entrance, maybe something like Club Cool (Or whatever its called now). Its pretty loud in there, normally there are people moving to all different stations to get different drinks. Plus its an easy way to con them into something right away, free drinks. and going around those little islands you can just have them bump into each other.

goin2disney
01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I also thought of Club Cool (whatever it is called now). My boys love it and it is small enough that they will spot each other.
No matter how many times we have been there my son still thinks he can trick me into drinking the gross flavor:sick:

Tink#64
01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh how cool! Your kids are so lucky to have such thoughtful parents! If you know for sure that you'll be arriving at about the same time around the fountain is such a cool area! If you think there might be a gap in arrival time, it may not be as noticeable if you're shopping or at least browsing the shop to pass the time until the meeting! Mouse Gear is one of our favorite shops in all of WDW! It's a good size store but you could definitely find each other.

I hope you have a magical trip! :magic:

DrWorm2008
01-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I also thought of Club Cool (whatever it is called now). My boys love it and it is small enough that they will spot each other.
No matter how many times we have been there my son still thinks he can trick me into drinking the gross flavor:sick:

Are you speaking of BEVERLY? :ack::ack::ack: I can't believe they actually mass produce that stuff!
Hahahaha. I also think Station Cool is a great place to set it up.:thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Are you speaking of BEVERLY? :ack::ack::ack: I can't believe they actually mass produce that stuff!
Hahahaha. I also think Station Cool is a great place to set it up.:thumbsup:

BEVERLY=:sick::ack:

I give the drinky place another :thumbsup:. VERY cute idea you have!

goin2disney
01-16-2008, 08:39 AM
I think we have decided on Club Cool or whatever it is called. The thought of getting someone new who has never tasted Beverly..... :thedolls:

LauraSAnne
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I think the boat outside of Norway would be cute :mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I think we have decided on Club Cool or whatever it is called. The thought of getting someone new who has never tasted Beverly..... :thedolls:

he he he he he he... being evil in disney is kinda fun, isn't it?

#1donaldfan
01-16-2008, 12:28 PM
I was also thinking of ice station cool too.....they could be waiting on an opposite exit door....what about the CS place at Soarin...they could be sitting there eating a sandwich or something......????

SignguyTom
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
How 'bout the red phone booth (what's that??) in Canada??

DrWorm2008
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
The red phone booth is in UK. However, Station Cool is definitely a great place to do it! :thumbsup:Hahahaha
Beverly....I need to get a pic of me or someone drinking that stuff and the expression on their face!:geek2:

Natazu
01-16-2008, 07:23 PM
First of all, that's about the coolest thing I've ever heard.

How about that theater at the end of Maelstrom? Then you'll hold the record for the most enjoyment that's ever been had in that room! :thumbsup:

AmBo
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
How about that theater at the end of Maelstrom? Then you'll hold the record for the most enjoyment that's ever been had in that room! :thumbsup:

Hahahah! This made me laugh out loud!

dteed
01-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Club Cool sund good to me, or Innoventions

SignguyTom
01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
The red phone booth is in UK.

Oh yeah - By the restrooms, right?

AwPhooey
01-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Nice one Jym! :thumbsup: Not only would they have the record for most enjoyment, but they'd also have one for the longest time spent in that room!

goin2disney
01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
We have so many pictures in that red phone booth.
We are not planning to do World Showcase that day. I could spend the whole week there but we are just going to be in Epcot from 11ish- until our dinner at coral reef at 4:50. Then off to MK.

I am getting so excited!! It is soooo great to be able to surprise the boys too. This trip is going to be so much fun. :woohoo:

Fun for the parents too, since my 6 year old doesn't ride too many rides like rock n roll rollercoaster:rocker: and the other family also have a 6 yr old who won't ride it will be fun to split up. The best part is we are going with a family who have only been to Disney once and it was a long time ago.

Kerry823
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I agree about meeting by the fountain. IF you don't happen to get there at exactly the same time, you can occupy your unsuspecting kids with the fountain until your friends arrive. That is so cool! I hope you have a great time.

DrWorm2008
01-18-2008, 05:44 PM

Okay, c'mon now guys....I actually LIKE the movie. :thumbsup:It's only 5 mins. long, for Pete's sake! :D But there is SO much more to Norway then that movie shows....5 mins is just not long enough. However, I will agree that the chairs are horrible, (Bench seats with metal backs? Seriously?):down:and if you do not want to stay for the movie, it's kinda lame that you're stuck in the "harbor", and then have to make a mad dash for the exit doors!:bolt:

McGoofy
01-19-2008, 01:48 PM
We are going with friends this trip and the boys do not know that their best friends are joining us. So, on our first day (Epcot) we will meet and SURPRISE. It will be really cute too since they will also be in matching tshirts:haha:
So, I need a good spot for us to meet.
Any suggestions. I thought it would be really funny to get on the same monorail car but that would be a little harder to coordinate.
Thanks!:mickey:

That t-shirt idea is so cool. You have got to get a picture of their expressions when they see each other! That will be priceless.

I like the Club Cool idea. The fountains are right outside there as well, so you can get great photos there too after they "bump into each other.":mickey:

Okay, c'mon now guys....I actually LIKE the movie. :thumbsup:It's only 5 mins. long, for Pete's sake! :D But there is SO much more to Norway then that movie shows....5 mins is just not long enough. However, I will agree that the chairs are horrible, (Bench seats with metal backs? Seriously?):down:and if you do not want to stay for the movie, it's kinda lame that you're stuck in the "harbor", and then have to make a mad dash for the exit doors!:bolt:

I have sat through the movie once. It was nice, but once was plenty. I'm laughing about the "mad dash" comment. That's me. I'm always afraid that I will get trapped and have to sit in those awful chairs. Then I always feel guilty after having made the mad dash because I feel like I just insulted their country or something! Or like I'm doing something wrong!! Then after that I have to hold my nose through the very strong perfume section of the store. Ahhhh....but at the end of the line, school bread and viking coffee await!!!!:cloud9: