PDA

View Full Version : DL, our first trip ever! The Hotel...

jrkcr
01-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I had several people tell me that if I had been to WDW I would not be too impressed with DL....
THEY WERE WRONG!! We had a WONDERFUL week at DL/Ca adventure!!
The Hotel:
We stayed at Paradise Pier, a disney hotel-13th floor. My DH picked this hotel cause I am a "beachy" kind of person. I wanted to bring home the cute lamps in the room! One was Mickey sitting in a tall lifeguard chair(like they have on the beach) and the other was a big lighthouse. The beds had comforters with palm trees, and the bathroom wall paper had beach chairs. Our room held 5 of us just fine- nice big closet,a small frig, a safe big enough to hold a laptop, iron and ironing board, and a bathroom big enough to get dressed in. DD16 slept on the flip-over sofa and said it was very comfortable.
We tried out the pool, hot tub, and big water slide, even though the weather was a little cool. I wasn't impressed with the hot tub-too shallow and not hot enough. But the water slide was very fun! It doesn't dump you into the pool at the bottom-it just stops the water jets and you end up in about 1-2 feet of water in the base of the slide. It looked weird to see a water slide that doesn't connect to a pool-but DD8 loved it! :thumbsup:
We walked to DL and Ca adventure. Even at the end of the day, it still felt like a short walk. Even when dripping wet from riding Grizzly River Rapids, it still was a short walk! ;) And our DD16 and DD14 were allowed to walk back to our hotel together when they needed a nap.
I do wish we had made time to walk through the DisneyLand Hotel-just to see it. We have already said next trip we are staying in the Grand Californian-it is more DH style.
YES, it seems there may be another trip to DL for us!! :yay:
More about the parks later....

disney1026
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. My DH and I went to DL in October. I had friends & family say that it was terrible compared to DW. I thought they were very wrong. Obviously, there are two less parks, so you don't need to be there as long. However, I thought Disneyland was excellent and there are some great attractions there that DW does not have. In terms of staying at the hotels, nothing could be better! We were at the Grand Californian and absolutely loved the quick walk to both parks. It was so convenient. I think any Disney World fan should try out Disneyland at least once. :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I am glad you liked "Walt's Park"

I enjoy DLR for the relaxed atmosphere. There is still TONS to do on property but it just seems to have a more relaxed magical feel than WDW.

The PPH is great, I have stayed there a couple of times and always enjoy it. The views of Paradise Pier are fantastic!

Thanks for reporting and I look forward to reading more!

tinkwest
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
That was sweet of your DH to pick the PPH just for you! :heart: Enjoying your accommodations can make or break a trip. Glad to hear you were happy with your hotel.

Melanie
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Aren't those lamps adorable?

I'm glad you liked Paradise Pier. I think it's a very nice hotel, and Mega is right - the views of DCA are incredible, especially at night!

Can't wait to read more about your trip. :balloon:

BklynChick
01-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I can't stand when people say that you can't love both WDW and DH. They are both great in their own ways.

I stayed at PPH before they put in the water slide - didn't realize it didn't empty into the pool. How unusual!

Can't wait for the next installment!

ChipnDaleGal
01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I am so glad that your family enjoyed their first trip to Disneyland!! I am staying at Paradise Pier for the first time in April so it is nice to hear that you liked your room there. I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

disneymother
01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks, I've never seen the rooms at Paradise Pier Hotel, they sound great!

jrkcr
01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, I thought they were very nice. And made for a family of 5!! Very airy, and some with a view of the park! Nice staff, and a cute tv room for little kids in the lobby area.

faline
01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
We've stayed at Paradis Pier twice. The first time we only stayed for one night because we couldn't get a room at the Disneyland Hotel for that evening. The second time, it was by choice. (Actually we thought about staying at the Grand Californian but decided it was not worth the cost!)

Paradise Pier was a great choice! We easily walked back and forth to the parks from this location!