PDA

View Full Version : Demagnetized Park Tickets

divinedi
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Hello Everyone! I purchased our park tickets ahead of our trip for May 08, and have had them for a little while already. My parents are going with us, and I got them out to show them, my Dad was looking at them, but after, I realized he has a magnetic bracelet on, now I'm concerned that he may have possibly erased some of them:(? How easy is this to do? They are, with the exception of one ticket, still stuck on the letter they sent me with it, and he may have laid his arm on them, strip side down probably. Should I have them checked at Guest Services or somewhere before we activiate them to make sure they are alright? and will they replace them if they have been erased? I'll take the receipt etc. with me when we go, of course, but there are 6 tickets and we can't really afford to buy new ones:ill:! Will they be able to check in the system and know that they've never been used yet?

Thanks for your help, I'm really worried about this!

Taja
01-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Don't panic! You'll be fine!

If the tickets can't be read at the park entrance, the CM will direct you to Guest Services. They will issue new tickets, remagnetize them or whatever it is they do. You probably won't need your receipt, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it--a little back-up never hurts! :)

dteed
01-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I have demagnetized park tickets before, it is not hard to do. The clip for my glasses has a magnet on it and if they go in the same pocket it seems to erase the ticket. I would go to guest services at the hotel before I try them at the gate. Just to prevent any wait time at the gate.

divinedi
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
:woohoo: Intercot rocks, thanks TAJA and DTEED, I feel much better now!!! It's nerve wracking putting all this together as it is, my brother and his wife and their 4 kids are meeting us down there as well, and they live very far away, in B.C., so trying to coordinate everything with them etc. is fun and exciting, is a little stressfull at times and time consuming, I don't really need problems on top of it, but I'm not worried about the tickets anymore!!

Thanks again! :number1:

Lisaj13
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
My dd's ticket was demagnetized TWICE the last time we were there. We never figured out how, although we told her it was her magnetic personality!

The staff were very nice and ran and got a replacement for her, no problem!

mizzoumouse
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Our last trip, I de-magnatized my ticket a couple of times. I was told that you can not put your ticket in the same pocket or have it touch your cell phone! That was my problem, I would put it i my pocket and my cell phone would be in there! ARGH!! O well, I have now learned my lesson! :mickey:

Darbylew
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
It has happened to me as well but not with my
tickets but with my room key. It was because I
had my cell phone right with my room key. They
gave me another one as soon as I told the front
desk about it. :mickey:

Belle619
01-16-2008, 11:24 AM
It has happened to me as well but not with my
tickets but with my room key. It was because I
had my cell phone right with my room key. They
gave me another one as soon as I told the front
desk about it. :mickey:

We demagnatized our room key THREE times in FOUR days on our last trip! It was so embarassing, we had to take turns as to who was going to the front desk to have it fixed! :blush:

Rikkikika
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
We demagnatized our room key THREE times in FOUR days on our last trip! It was so embarassing, we had to take turns as to who was going to the front desk to have it fixed! :blush:

:thumbsup: You and I can join this very special club! - I'm a meeting planner and usually I have to wear a magnetic pin somewhere on my person that designates to staff/castmembers "my importance". I have this habit of clipping these to my lanyard and then use the ID pocket to store my room/park pass . . .let's just say this is not a good idea! At my last meeting at the Swan and Dolphin I had to have the front desk recut my room key 4 times over a 5 day meeting . . . that is 4:5 days! . . . Duh!! You’d think I’d learn!:doh: Anyway for those reading . . .keep the cards away from: cellphones, barcode scanners (like the supermarket ones) other CC with the magnetic stripe facing the same way and foiled gum . . .don’t know about the last one haven’t proven that one yet!:blush:

thrillme
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I can join the club too. I demagnatized my "forever" tickets (back when they pretty much all came with the non-expiring option). No big deal even then. Just went to guest relations and they looked up the number and issued a new one.

You "may" end up quite surprised. I've had a ticket too that was right on a magnet and I didn't think about it till afterwards and it worked fine.