PDA

View Full Version : Where is your best spot for quiet?

rafiki fan
01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
The other night at the dinner table Disney came up. Not that it doesn't come up a lot but we were discussing where the best place is to find quiet to really relax a few minutes and take in the magic in a quiet reflective kind of way. I surprised them by saying Camp Minnie Mickey. I was there by myself one day, it was between shows and it was perfect for just meditating on the magic. My wife rattled off several at AK and our daughter who just came back from WDW pointed out some little alcoves near the castle. How about you? And I don't mean where many of you have said you fall asleep like the Hall of Presidents.:D I would love to know before our next big trip in Dec.

Thanks

ibrowse17
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
A hammock on the beach at Ft. Wilderness, or sitting alone on the boat dock at the Cont:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I love the benches along the walkway in Adventureland. It's shady there, somewhat quiet, and the music is nice. Adventureland always makes me think of Disney. I also like Tomorrowland under the TTA at night with the lights and sound effects. The lady with the Paging Mr. Morrow cracks me up (yes, I'm a dork :blush: )

Nice thread, makes me want to be there, but then what doesn't :D

dteed
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Tom Sawyers island has provided our family a quiet spot away from the maddness of New Years. There were people but nowhere near the crowd of the park that day.

krose78
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
MGM over by Star Tours. It is a smoking area but you can usually find a seat away from the smokers. It is nice and quiet and shady on a hot day. Sat there many times with a sleeping baby and it is quite enjoyable.

Duchess99
01-15-2008, 08:42 PM
The hidden nooks in World Showcase...
The gardens in UK, the bazaar in Morocco...love it!

Main Street Jim
01-16-2008, 07:50 AM
The walkway between Tomorrowland and ToonTown is *always* nice and quiet :) Also a great place to get some great shots of the steam trains, and depending on who's at the throttle, you might get a nice steam show ;)

c&d
01-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Sometimes the rose garden is completely empty at MK. It's so nice to sit down there and watch the ducks and yes smell the roses.

I also like the quiet pool early in the morning at the VWL or the exercise path between WL and FW.

DDuck66
01-16-2008, 10:33 AM
We like to sit over at the lower terrace at the Noodle Station. It is never crowded unless it is time for the nightly fireworks. We can sit there an actually have a nice quiet conversation.

jaredkari
01-16-2008, 10:56 AM
There is a little alley off of Main Street USA at MK. My wife and I usually hide out there at closing and watch the masses shuffle out. It is nice and quiet. You can hear the sound of piano lessons from an upstairs window which is kind of a neat touch. :mickey:

Belle619
01-16-2008, 11:18 AM
A hammock on the beach at Ft. Wilderness, or sitting alone on the boat dock at the Cont:thumbsup:

My favorite place is very similar - I love sitting in the hammocks at the Poly. My sister and I went out there one night and had the whole beach to ourselves (all the families were by the pool) and had such a gorgeous view of the castle. We often talk about when we are going back to our hammocks. :cloud9:

4ubie1
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Sometimes the rose garden is completely empty at MK. It's so nice to sit down there and watch the ducks and yes smell the roses.

Same Here! And we got great pics with the castle in the background! :D

Tigger&Stitch
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
the bazaar in Morocco...love it!

Yes! We went there one evening in Epcot and it was deserted. Took a cute little picture of ourselves too. :)

DreamFinder2
01-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I actually like "resting" on the TTA in Tomorrowland, MK. I know it's not the quietest place, and there's lots to see, but it's a chance to just sit and watch people...

...plus, last time I got pix while inside space mountain with the lights on!

broadway_chick72
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Either Fort Wilderness or anywhere in World Showcase.

Figgyluv03
01-17-2008, 12:22 PM
The wishing well next to the castle. I use to sneak back there and read when Belle isn't back there. It's sooooo relaxing!

SBETigg
01-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Inside the parks, we're active. If we take a break, it's only to eat and go again. When we want to slow the pace, we'll hop on a quieter or darker attraction. The TTA in the MK, Spaceship Earth in Epcot, or we get a snack or drink in World Showcase. At the other parks, we don't have favorite resting places but the waiting area inside of Tree of Life is pretty relaxing.

Otherwise, we head back to our resort and rest there, in our room or in the lobby. The GF lobby and Poly GCH are two of my favorite places to rejuvenate.

MicMouse
01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
On our last trip we had late reservations at Marrakesh (sp?) and finished our meal well after 10pm. We were the only ones in the place.

When we left, we were about the only ones in Epcot too. It was so awesome walking thru the World Showcase with the lights dimmed and no crowds. It was so clean and so quiet. That was my favorite part of the whole trip.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Pretty much anywhere at WL... The boardwalks leading to the water are so wonderful.

We really enjoy some of the walking trails in AK for quiet.

robemcdo
01-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I remember arriving from Cold Canada to Disney World on Dec 26th. Walking out of the Dolphin at 8:00 in the morning and walking across towards the Boardwalk. 70 degrees, no wind, sun out, as peaceful as you could get, it was absolutely perfect.

Volunteer
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I enjoyed my quiet time on the beach hammocks at CBR at the end of the day. Great way to unwind, if I only had a :beer: at the time I'd been set

DisFan01
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, if you go to the left of Space Mountain and the giftshop, there is a VERY QUIET pathway from Tomorrowland to Mickey's Toontown Fair. Also, the train passes right by there! :thumbsup:

goin2disney
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Someone else already mentioned an area over by the Noodle Terrace.
We had the most relaxing "away" time at Tom Sawyer Island. After so many trips we finally went over last trip and the boys loved it!!

As for rides, jump on the monorail for a short rest.