PDA

View Full Version : December 6-12 OR December 13-19

Cookie123
01-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone ! I usually do my solo trip in December, and I am still planning for 2008.

I just cannot decide over these two blocks of days. I am MOST concerned about the crowds picking up too much towards the end of my vacation. Is the 18th and 19th getting the Christmas crowds by then ?

Please Advise ....

MsMin
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I was there close to those dates in 05 & 06. I found the crowds got really heavy on the 21st or 22nd. Much depends on when the wknd falls and when schools let out. The weekdays were definitely lighter than the weekends. I wouldn't hesitate to return on those days. The toughest thing is handling Christmas when you return so close to the holiday.

ibrowse17
01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I think you will be ok with either set of dates. We went down 19-23 Dec last month, and the crowds were not bad on the 19th. By the end of our trip it was getting more and more packed, so I would not suggest being there much after the 19th if you want lighter crowds.:thumbsup:

tennantsrwe
01-15-2008, 12:03 PM
My vote is for the earlier block of days. The Christmas and holiday decorations and festivities are in full swing by then, but the crowds are light. We usually go early Dec....the latest we've been is Dec 19 in 2005. I'd think to be safe I'd stick with the early dates. :mickey:

IloveDisney71
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd pick the earlier dates. We were there Dec. 15 - 19. On the 15th we went to the MK and the crowds were not bad at all. Every day the crowds got a little heavier but it was never overwhelming. I'd compare the crowds on the 18 & 19th to the crowds in June. If we could have gone earlier, I would have.

Magic Smiles
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
We were there from the 5 - 21 Dec 07. I have to say that the first half of our trip had a lot more people in WDW than the second half. I would go when ever the POP WARNER kids have gone home and not before!

DDuck66
01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
We were there this past year on Thurday the 14th of December to Sunday the 17th and the crowds were totally crazy, especially at EPCOT and HS. I would go for the earlier dates. We are going to go earlier this year to try to avoid the gridlock.

TexansInNY
01-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Pop Warner week is the 6th - 12th this year. We've been at that time and the crowds are fine - just avoid the resorts they stay at for that week!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
We went close to the early date a few years ago. Best trip I ever took to WDW. The crowds were great the weather was pretty good and of course the decorations are up. Either week would be OK but every day closer to Christmas will get slightly busier.

Magic Smiles
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
We were there this past year on Thurday the 14th of December to Sunday the 17th and the crowds were totally crazy, especially at EPCOT and HS. I would go for the earlier dates. We are going to go earlier this year to try to avoid the gridlock.
Wow, if you thought those days were busy, then you should have been there the week before, 5 - 9 Dec was crazy, a lot more people there that week. We actually found that the 11 - 14 Dec and 17 - 19 Dec were pretty quiet. Of course the weekends are always busiest.

disneylovinmom
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I think the earlier you go, the less crowded it will be. We were there Dec 15-22 and things really started to get crowded on the 21st. The rest of the week was great and there were hardly any lines. You will love it!! Also, it is not going to be a hectic for you as far as your Christmas preperations go if you go earlier. Going so close to Christmas , I felt rushed and didn't feel that I enjoyed the actual holiday as much as usual. :mickey2::minnie2:

RAIDER
01-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I have been going in the first week of Dec for many years and i have been over in WDW for Christmas and New Year and if you want to avoid the crowds.Then without a doubt you must go within the first two weeks of December as the crowds are small and you will literally get on every ride you want . :thumbsup: