PDA

View Full Version : DVC Rules and "loaned" points

pbkahn
01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
All,
This is my first post. My aunt and uncle have use or loose points that they are offering to my family for a December 2008 trip.

After my uncle makes the reservation with Member services, will I receive a reservation number that will allow me to make ADRs, etc?

Also, are there any other considerations that I should be aware of as a non-member using points?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sincerely,
Peter

DVC Mike
01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
You do not get daily maid service. You get your trash emptied and new towels on day 4 of a vacation, and if you stay 8 or more nights, on day 4 you get a full cleaning, and day 8 would be the trash & towel service.

Be aware that the Disney Vacation Club will not speak with you or give you any information. They won't take a room request from you; they won't confirm you have a reservation; and they won't make Magical Express arrangements for you. Only DVC owners can speak with DVC about reservations. Any changes and any additions like the Dining Plan or Magical Express will have to be made through Member Services by your aunt or uncle. You will pay for the Disney Dining Plan during check-in at the resort. You can make your own dining reservations through the Disney dining number. Park tickets cannot be purchased through your aunt or uncle. You can purchase your tickets on your own.

While you will receive all the standard perks of staying onsite (Magical Express, Extra Magic Hours, etc.), you probably won't get to take advantage of DVC member perks such as discounts, free valet parking, etc.

wendy*darling
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Your aunt and uncle will get a confirmation number when they make your reservation. They will also get a printed confirmation mailed to them.
You can use this number to make ADRs for yourself.
Just about everything else must be handled by your aunt & uncle as DVC Mike states above.

tinkerbell04
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
That's all correct, but you do not need to have the confirmation number to make reservations for dining. Those can be made at the 180 mark wheter you have a confirmation number or not:mickey:

We made reservations for my sister using our points in the past. She had no problems at all. Since she was, as is your uncle, family, it was easy for her to communicate with me and for me to comunicate with Member Services. Good Luck:mickey:

wendy*darling
01-21-2008, 06:45 PM
That's all correct, but you do not need to have the confirmation number to make reservations for dining. Those can be made at the 180 mark wheter you have a confirmation number or not

Could be true. The only time you need a confirmation number to make ADRs is when you want to make up to 10 days worth at the 180 day mark from your check in date. If you don't have the confirmation number, they (most likely) will not let you make more than 1 day at a time. I say most likely because some CMs seem to ignore this rule and others are sticklers!

Anytime within the 180 days- no number needed. People staying off site or locals do not have conf numbers, but are allowed to dine at WDW! ;)

JMTStone
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
All posts above make sense. I have nothing else to add. Can I be adopted? :)