PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic and Illuminations on the same night

doff6356
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Is it possible to make it from a viewing of Fantasmic over to Epcot in time to view Illuminations ?

GothMickey
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I think it may be difficult to catch both in one night.

Polynesian Dweller
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
It depends a lot on when you are going. Right now it might be possible because they have an early show at about 6:30 for Fantasmic which means you could make it for Illuminations. In May, June, & July its basically impossible since the schedule seems to have Fantasmic and Illuminations at the same time.

MOJoe
01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
It depends on when you will be at WDW. If you are at The Studios when Fantasmic is shown at 7:00, then you should be able to see that show and walk, quickly, over to Epcot to catch Illuminatios at 9:00. If however, Fantasmic is shown at 8:30, then no way.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-15-2008, 02:42 PM
:) It depends on show times, I know some of the busier times of the year, there is a 630 Fantasmic...this show lasts about 25 minutes, so if you left immediately and went to Illuminations, yes it is possible.....

Marker
01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
well, obviously it's going to depend on the scheduling.

I will say, that I once saw Illuminations, Fantasy In The Sky (Magic Kingdom fireworks) AND Fantasmic in one evening.

Illuminatimation was at 9, FITS was at 10, and Fantasmic was at 11. It was kind of a rush, but I didn't miss a moment of any of them. I was by myself watching Illumination from the American Adventure sections when I decided I'd try to make it to FITS. When the lights came on I scurried through the crowds to the Monorail. I had just made it to the Magic Kingdom with the fireworks started, and I watched them while standing on Main Street. Then I decided to attempt Illuminations. When the lights came on, I headed to the monorail, to the Ticket & Transportation Center, to a bus to The Studios. I found my seat to see Fantasmic with about 3 minutes to spare. So, depending on the schedule, it IS possible.

McGoofy
01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
It depends on when you will be at WDW. If you are at The Studios when Fantasmic is shown at 7:00, then you should be able to see that show and walk, quickly, over to Epcot to catch Illuminatios at 9:00. If however, Fantasmic is shown at 8:30, then no way.

Yes...briskly walk to Epcot from MGM. Do not wait for a boat or bus. Do not pass go or collect $200...oh wait...that's something else!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Actually, you can take the boat - it only takes 25 minutes. Or you can walk, which is about the same as a leisurely pace if there is a 7 Fant and a 9 Illuminations.

As long as there is at least an hour between, you can do both in one night. And possibly Wishes if the timing is right.

I myself, have personally done this about....20 times.