PDA

View Full Version : Bread bowls at WDW?

duck51
01-15-2008, 05:00 AM
A few years back we went to Disneyland where they served a delicious breadbowl filled with a Gumbo soup near the French Quarter area. Do they serve anything like that at Disney World? My husband is hoping!

Thanks

:mickey:

sassafras
01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I believe they have the bread bowls with some sort of chowder at the Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.

DizneyRox
01-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I believe they have the bread bowls with some sort of chowder at the Harbour House at the Magic Kingdom.
Used to...

I'm thinking your best bet might be at DTD. I haven't seen a bread bowl in years, but that doesn't mean they don't have them.

Columbia Harbor House used to have the best ones I've had. Now, nothing...

JPL
01-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Sadly for the most part Bread Bowls are gone :(
Another cost cutting for profit move. The last one I had was the African Stew at The Mara at AKL.(Not sure if it's still there) I can verify the ones at Columbia Harbor House are a thing of the past.

scottgr
01-15-2008, 09:05 AM
I miss those bread bowls at the Columbia house.. They were so good...

SignguyTom
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Side note:

The sourdough bread bowls at Disneyland are made at the Boudin Bakery at Disney's California Adventure. They are still using the same 'mother dough' from the gold rush of the 1800's.

Also, the Mission Tortilla Factory next door to the bakery supplies all the tortillas for DLR. In fact, it has the largest tortilla producing capacity in the world.