PDA

View Full Version : Journey Into Imagination With Figment closing?

amorillo
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
My SIL emailed me tonight to let me know that this ride will be closed during our upcoming trip... I've looked everywhere... but can't seem to verify.

Anyone heard anything about this? :confused:

wdwnomad
01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
It's on the Disney website. On the Epcot calendar under operational updates, ImageWorks - The Kodak "What If" Labs and Journey Into Imagination With Figment will be closed for refurbishment from 1/28/08 to 2/24/08.

WDWfanatic742
01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
FYI, they aren't doing anything major to the actual ride. Just changing out the flooring in the "What If" Labs I believe.

Carol
01-15-2008, 07:22 AM
The information can be found via the info central tab up above. Disney posted the rehab yesterday, 1/14.

Figgyluv03
01-17-2008, 12:35 PM
They need to do more than just change the floors in the What if Lab! They need to change the whole ride. Sorry, I really miss the old version!

CanadianFan
01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I just saw that this ride would be closed during our visit -- it is our first trip to WDW, with DS7 and DS3. Is it worth changing our plans to take in Epcot a day or two earlier so that they can experience Figment and the ImageWorks? I have no idea (my first trip, too!), and it looks like fun ... could someone please help?

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree that the whole ride needs to be revamped. Throughout the entire ride I was rolling my eyes at the annoying purple dragon and the cheesy guy that's head of the institute or something. Even the kids ahead of us, who were pretty young, thought it was lame.

DisneyLuver91
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
I just saw that this ride would be closed during our visit -- it is our first trip to WDW, with DS7 and DS3. Is it worth changing our plans to take in Epcot a day or two earlier so that they can experience Figment and the ImageWorks? I have no idea (my first trip, too!), and it looks like fun ... could someone please help?

Honestly, kids that age might get scared of the ride. Its dark and at the end (spoiler) is a big air explosion. It really may scare the living daylights out of them. I'm sixteen and have been on the ride at least 10 times and it still shocks me!

goin2disney
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
This is my ds (8) favorite ride! He LOVES Figment! Too bad it will be closed
BUT
now ds (6) absolutely HATED this ride all thanks to the ending as someone explained above and has been scared ever since of any type of ride that is 3D. Not that Figment is 3D but that puff of air really scared him.

Duchess99
01-17-2008, 07:07 PM
They need to do more than just change the floors in the What if Lab! They need to change the whole ride. Sorry, I really miss the old version!

I agree 100%!

If you never experienced the original, I guess it can be a fun attraction, especially for kids, but I wouldn't reschedule my plans for it.

broadway_chick72
01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I actually loved Figment. I thought it was awesome!

brogan54
01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
I actually loved Figment. I thought it was awesome!

i totally agree i love figment too!!:cool:

CaptSmee
01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Sadly...i'm a FOG! (friend of figment)

madi47
01-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I also like figment

CanadianFan
01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Thank you for the "spoiler" -- now I know not to take DS3 :shake: That would be that LAST thing our trip needed, a freaked out 3 year old!!

JPL
01-18-2008, 04:17 AM
I think they just need to change the name to Journey into Air conditioning with Figment and the lines will be out the door ;)

As a fan of the Original it is really painful to ride this version.

BronxTigger
01-18-2008, 06:05 AM

The ride is nothing like the original, which was great. The current ride goes through the five senses while using your imagination.

However, I think your kids could enjoy the Image Works. There are sounds on the floor...they hop on certain spots with pictures on them and then that sound happens. For example, if they jump on the trumpet picture, you hear a trumpet. There's also a few other things in there that I think it's worth a stop for at least a few minutes.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
The Figgy ride as my DD calls it, is a huge hit with my kids. ;) They are 10,8 and 4.

I'm a fan of the original as well but, we ride it at least once or twice each day we visit EPCOT.

Polynesian Dweller
01-18-2008, 08:57 AM
As a fan of the Original it is really painful to ride this version.

I agree with that though the current version is somewhat better than the first refurb that didn't have Figment at all. That said, if you've seen the original you know how this version just doesn't live up to it. The Figment character is fine and we like him too, just not how he's being used in the current attraction.

Figgyluv03
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Aww, I keep thing about the original and all that keeps running through my head is..... One Little Spark.....