PDA

View Full Version : ADRs-confusion on when to make them

lovedisneyworld
01-14-2008, 09:49 PM
I know you are to make them 180 days from your vacation. I thought it was 180 days from the start of your vacation. So I called today to make sure that I was going to go by the same date they have so when I call at 7 AM, we are on the same page. Anyways, when I called tonight, the DW reservationist said it was 180 days from the last day of my vacation so I could make all my ADRs at the same time. I do not think this is correct. I need the correct info as this is our third trip and I have never been able to get my daughter in for a cinderalla dinner and I am determined to do this before she is too old to care about it. Thanks for your help on this.

jszczur5
01-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I know you are to make them 180 days from your vacation. I thought it was 180 days from the start of your vacation. So I called today to make sure that I was going to go by the same date they have so when I call at 7 AM, we are on the same page. Anyways, when I called tonight, the DW reservationist said it was 180 days from the last day of my vacation so I could make all my ADRs at the same time. I do not think this is correct. I need the correct info as this is our third trip and I have never been able to get my daughter in for a cinderalla dinner and I am determined to do this before she is too old to care about it. Thanks for your help on this.

My understanding is that it is 180 days from the start of your vacation only if you have already booked your trip, are staying on-site and have your WDW reservation number. Other than that, you can call in 180 days before each day of your trip. For Cinderella's Royal Table, you may have to call in each day to try for a seating 180 days out. For many of the other restaurants, you can wait until it's 180 days from the last day of your trip, and do all your bookings at once. If I have done this link correctly, it may help. http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp

DreamFinder2
01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
My understanding is that it's 180 days out from the day you want the ADR...I've never heard anything about 180 days from the beginning or ending of your stay at WDW.

I've made many, many ADRs and no one's ever said anything to me like they told you.

Anyone else???

drhama
01-15-2008, 01:12 AM
It is 180 days from the day of check in if you are staying on site. I did it last year and made all my ADRs for the whole trip at that mark.

Here we go again...
01-15-2008, 04:38 AM
It is 180 plus 10 days if you have a reservation.

I have had CMs that let me book the extra days even when we have not booked the room yet. Call back, a different CM may be able to help you.

wendy*darling
01-15-2008, 09:02 AM
The policy is 180 days from your check-in date in at a WDW Resort. You will be asked for your resort confirmation number.

Once you provide the conf #, you will be allowed to make up to 10 days of ADRs.

If you are not staying on site, or have not yet made your room reservations, you will have to either call 180 days from each date you want to dine, or wait until the 180 days from the end of your trip and make all of them in that phone call.

If you ever get a CM on the phone who does not understand the "rules" ask for a supervisor or hang up and call back. There are always new CMs still trying to learn all the policies, and since the rules are always changing- it's ever more difficult!

princessjojo
01-15-2008, 09:06 AM
It is 180 days from the day of check in if you are staying on site. I did it last year and made all my ADRs for the whole trip at that mark.
:ditto: Did the same thing for our June vacation. Made all ADR's 180 days from our check-in date for a total of 10 days.

vamaggie
01-15-2008, 09:13 AM
As long as you are staying on site you should be able to make all your ADRs from the 180 day mark from check in day. Also, it is 180 calendar days (not 6 mos like June 1 for Dec 1 )including weekend days. The lines are open at 7am every day (eastern time) so if you want Cindy's I would start dialing like 6:55 and keep hitting redial (and maybe using a landline and cell phone if you can manage that). Good Luck!