PDA

View Full Version : Other resorts

AirlineGuy07
01-14-2008, 09:25 PM
We are thinking about going somewhere else besides Disney using our vacation club points. What is the best family resort in the United States that anyone has stayed in using their points?

JPL
01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
This is one of the problems with DVC I really don't think you get a fair value for your points when staying outside of DVC rresorts. Before using points for this I would simply look into what booking a selcted destination will cost you against a rough estimate of the points value you are going to use. You might be surprised with your findings.

JMTStone
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Have you looked at Vero Beach? I don't have direct experience with that resort but I love that area.

Go Steelers! Next year.

mouse-logic
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I've never done this either, but have looked into it. Seems like exchanging points into Interval International is a decent value if they have place available where you want to go.

We also looked into visiting Austria at the Cordial in Vienna, but have not yet booked it. But the points were somewhat cheap...seemed reasonable.

Where you get completely hosed on the points is if you try to use them at Non-DVC Disney properties or the Cruiseline. The point requirements are ridiculous.