PDA

View Full Version : Snacks on the 2008 DDP

vamaggie
01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I read on another thread that they have changed/limited the snack options on the dining plan this year. Anyone have 1st hand experience with this? This may actually make or break our using the plan next trip. We really liked the freedom to use a snack credit to get a bag of something to share (like the Mickey cheese crackers) and the candies at Goofy's. If they have limited it to drinks, fruit and ice cream it may be a deal breaker for us. TIA!!

jszczur5
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I have also heard this same rumour and referenced it in a previous post. http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123251
The new rule is that the item must be a single serving container. No more big bags of Smartpop popcorn, or 8 packs of Entemann's donuts with our morning coffee.
As I said, unless we get Free Dining, the DDP is no longer worth paying for - for us. Although you certainly can save on the DDP, being on the plan causes us to eat more food, more often than we normally would. In the past, we have always just had cereal and muffins and coffee in our room, a small snack at the park, and then driven over to I-92 for dinner. Dinner for 4 at Olive Garden - $70 plus $15 for snacks in the park is a lot cheaper than the cost of DDP for 2 adults and 2 Disney adults aged 11 and 12.

tink179
01-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi, we're at Disney right now and I find the snack credits to be great! You can still get bags of chips, fruit cups, pastries, PB&J sandwiches, bags of popcorn(just got one tonight), and a lot more! It's very worth it!:mickey: It's true abt the donuts though, I had to pay out of pocket for an 8 pack for tomorrow morning. $4.04 after tax. I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

vamaggie
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess we will have to see how things shake out before we decide on whether we will do the DDP again or not. It seems like they are "working out he kinks" and hopefully it will all be clearer later (I can hope right?)

Disneyatic
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
What about the Chip-N-Dale pretzels??
Does anyone know if they are still included on the plan (I love those!)

That is strange about the donuts. If a snack is under $4 then why exclude them?
UGH, all of these changes are getting SO confusing. As soon as we get used to these, they'll change it again!

goin2disney
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Great to hear from someone in Disney right now using the snack credits!! :thumbsup:
We always get Mickey Bars, Dole Whips, pretzels so I think we are covered.

Would love some great snack (approved) ideas from Epcot. Maybe we would try something new in one of the countries.

bigbabyblues
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
What about the Chip-N-Dale pretzels??
Does anyone know if they are still included on the plan (I love those!)

That is strange about the donuts. If a snack is under $4 then why exclude them?
UGH, all of these changes are getting SO confusing. As soon as we get used to these, they'll change it again!

I think it has to be a single-serve item now. Nothing that is really able to be shared, from what I've heard, although we have been known to share a Mickey Bar.