PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Tutorial

Altair
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
If you are in MK on more than one day and plan on seeing this show, try catching it on each day. Each CM plays the Jack Sparrow character in much different ways. The first day we had a very laid back almost aloof Captain Jack. It was not bad, but something seemed to be missing.
The next time at MK we saw the show again. This time the CM playing the character was almost dead on from the movies. This show was the much more enjoyable one. :pirate: :skull:

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
WHAT???? It's not really Johnny Depp???:D Next, you are going to tell me that there is no such thing as Santa Clause.;)

I'm just kidding. I saw it last May, and the MK Captain Jack was pretty dead on from the movies. That's the only time I have seen it, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'll have to go looking for Captain Jack again next time I am there.

linedropper
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
This is true, Although I was there in 10-06 and just watched a little show they did and the Jack Sparrow was dead on! Almost Spooky! I had to look twice to see if Johnny Depp was having some fun! Even commented to friends and family that is was the most dead on live character I have seen(except Jasmin). My brother was in DW 12-07 and got some pictures but it was not the same CM. There is one CM out there that could be a Depp double!:mickey:

disneymom15
01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I've seen it 4 times and each time it was the dead on Capt Jack character.

dumbo ears
01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
i havent seen this show yet but Id love to see it now. what times does it show?

PirateLover
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I've seen a bunch. Some sound dead on but when you look at the face it's a little off, and vice versa. There has only been one I've seen that was a dead ringer on all fronts. But a fun time no matter which Jack is there.

Altair
01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
i havent seen this show yet but Id love to see it now. what times does it show?

Showtimes are 10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15,
3:20, and 4:25 and last 20 minutes.
These times are not posted at the parks and may change from time to time. Ask a POC CM for showtimes to be sure.:mickey:

AuntDJ
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Other than the P & P parties, is there somewhere to meet and get an autograph from the Capt?

DJ

Here we go again...
01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
My DD hates Captain Jack... and any thing to do with Pirates of the Caribbean. (it could have something to do with the fact that we walk through the park singing YO HO, Yo Ho a pirates life for me. :thedolls::D )
We got her to watch the show and even she had to admit that it was very good. I even caught her smiling every now and then.

BTW... my ring tone is Pirates Life. :thedolls:

SimbaandNalasMama
01-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Other than the P & P parties, is there somewhere to meet and get an autograph from the Capt?DJ

currently, no. they did some test meet-n-greets late last year (I was fortunate to catch it....GREAT pics!!). From what i heard, they were testing the market...testing to see how many people would be interested, would wait in line, etc.

It was outstanding to be able to have that one on one with Jack. :pirate:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM
There isn't a CM who plays Jack Sparrow.

It's really him from the movies. Johnny Depp was just an actor hired to portray Jack. Some days, he's been able to smuggle in rum and have a party and other days, he hasn't. That's why it seems different each time.

Sheesh. :D

Natazu
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
There isn't a CM who plays Jack Sparrow.

It's really him from the movies. Johnny Depp was just an actor hired to portray Jack. Some days, he's been able to smuggle in rum and have a party and other days, he hasn't. That's why it seems different each time.

Sheesh. :D

I can confirm this. In fact, Captain Jack was thrilled to hear Johnny Depp was to play him. He's a big Sleepy Hollow fan.

Altair
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Here are two of the Jacks. Are there Jacks threee, four or more?

There be spoilers ahead. If you don't wish to see Jack don't click the links. :pirate:

Jack1 (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2489116150053696626wRfiRx)

Jack2 (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2457042410053696626iJbAlS)

Tigger&Stitch
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
This sounds fun! I didn't even know the show existed - must check it out on our next trip!

:tigger:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Here are two of the Jacks. Are there Jacks threee, four or more?

There be spoilers ahead. If you don't wish to see Jack don't click the links. :pirate:

Jack1 (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2489116150053696626wRfiRx)

Jack2 (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2457042410053696626iJbAlS)

Nah he's definately just had a lot more rum in the second one. There is only one Jack Sparrow! I should know because I work with him!

I also have other pictures of Jack on days on varying degrees of rum intake. You can check it out and see how the rum affects him!

Magic Smiles
01-16-2008, 10:16 PM
What is this Pirate Tutorial show you are all talking about? We did not see any show, but we did get our pictures taken with Capt Jack Sparrow in Dec 07, as we happened to stumble upon him in a back corner.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
DD is really getting into the whole Pirate's thing, so this is something we are going to check out next week. YAY!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-17-2008, 10:51 AM
What is this Pirate Tutorial show you are all talking about? We did not see any show, but we did get our pictures taken with Capt Jack Sparrow in Dec 07, as we happened to stumble upon him in a back corner.

The pirate tutorial is a little show done to the left of POTC, and it goes on about once every hour or so.

Captain Jack and his mate, Mack, come out and select a few lucky boys or girls to become pirates in training. Afterwards, they get a little scroll that says they are members of Jack's crew before he flees. He does not pose for autographs or photos afterwards.

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
This is true, Although I was there in 10-06 and just watched a little show they did and the Jack Sparrow was dead on! Almost Spooky! I had to look twice to see if Johnny Depp was having some fun! Even commented to friends and family that is was the most dead on live character I have seen(except Jasmin). My brother was in DW 12-07 and got some pictures but it was not the same CM. There is one CM out there that could be a Depp double!:mickey:

Yes its true, the one that is the exact double is my 'boyfriend's' best friend! And trust me, he's just as gorgeous without the make up and hat! But I'll take him with the make up, hat and everything else! Whoo hoo!

CzyDsneyFan
01-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Nah he's definately just had a lot more rum in the second one. There is only one Jack Sparrow! I should know because I work with him!

I also have other pictures of Jack on days on varying degrees of rum intake. You can check it out and see how the rum affects him!

Jack was incredible when we saw him. My DD absolutely loved him...she was a fithly little mess when she saw him after eatting some Disney snacks and may have scared him.

We got a bunch of pics from the show and when I got them printed when we got back from the trip the photoshop girls were drooling all over my pics. :blush: They definitely thought he looked a lot like Johnny Depp. It was pretty funny.