PDA

View Full Version : Now we're talking playoff football weather!!

JerseyMouse
01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Wind chills of at LEAST -15 below for kickoff of GB/NYG on Sunday, I think I may just throw an extra log on the fire when I tune in on Sunday!!

JPL
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately this weather doesn't bode well for the Giants :(

bouncer
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
:cheer:GO PACK!:

Brett Favre Rocks!:football:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately this weather doesn't bode well for the Giants :(I don't know about that - Favre was not very good when they played in Chicago last month while it was very cold and windy.

DizneyFreak2002
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Eli Manning cannot play if the temp is below 50...

kakn7294
01-15-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, the weather forecast bodes well for Ian - he's made it known that he's not a Giants fan...

GothMickey
01-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Well, the weather forecast bodes well for Ian - he's made it known that he's not a Giants fan... Not everyone can be perfect. Joking Ian.

Epc0tphr34k
01-15-2008, 09:44 AM

bet he wishes he had thought of that before refusing to play for the team with the nicest weather in all of football

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
bet he wishes he had thought of that before refusing to play for the team with the nicest weather in all of football...and also happens to still be in this year's playoffs too.

Jeff G
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I just saw the updates local forecast:

5 degrees at kickoff with temps falling to around zero overnight, wind chills -5 to -15. Light snow also possible. Winds W 5-10. Looks like this could be Ice Bowl '08.

Oh I wish I could be there.I was offered tickets for the game three different times but I can't go because of my DS's hockey tournament that I'm running:(.

Go Pack!

bucky at disney
01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I just saw the updates local forecast:

5 degrees at kickoff with temps falling to around zero overnight, wind chills -5 to -15. Light snow also possible. Winds W 5-10. Looks like this could be Ice Bowl '08.

Oh I wish I could be there.I was offered tickets for the game three different times but I can't go because of my DS's hockey tournament that I'm running:(.
Go Pack!

I'm sorry you can't make it to the game.....how I wish I would have the opportunity to buy tickets from someone. The ticket broker prices around here are a little more than I can afford...

GO PACK GO!

brewcrew26
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I can't tell you how excited I am for this game on Sunday!! I usually don't get psyched for football, but I'm not a fairweather fan. I still root for the Packers all the time. I think it's more of a stress-level thing.

But with the weather being what it is (my doors on my car are frozen shut -- don't you love entering from the passenger side???), most of the sports guys in Milwaukee are saying it'll be a rout.

Eli's not allowed to talk about the weather which either means they're scared by it, or they're shaking in their cleats.

I've got four days worth of Packers clothes all set to go!

Woo-hoo!!!!

Scar
01-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Eli's not allowed to talk about the weather which either means they're scared by it, or they're shaking in their cleats.I think what made the difference in the game was the way the QB's handled the cold. Eli looked totally normal and Favre couldn’t handle it. They showed two close-ups of Favre and one he had those hand warmer packs stuffed in his mask and the other he had a cloth against his face and he was breathing heavy all red faced.

Eli had a much better game and that is why the Giants won.