PDA

View Full Version : AP and DDE

chefmickey3
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Please help me. We are new DVC members. We will be visiting the World for 10 days in August with plans to go next for 7-10 days late June 2009. With the discount on the APs, we think it makes sense to buy APs because it will be good for both years. After looking at the DDP vs. DDE, we also think that the DDE will offer more flexiblity and cost us slightly ($120) less than the DDP. My question is how do I go about getting the APs and DDE and what timeline would you suggest? We want to be able to use the DDE for next June's trip as well. I think that the APs are activated when we get there in August, so it doesn't matter so much. Do I need to have the AP to order the DDE and when is the DDE activated -when purchased or when first used? Thanks for any help you can give me!

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I believe the DDE is activated when you buy it. We ordered ours last year around the first of August and when we got it, it does not expire until the end of Aug 08. The good news is that you can now get the DDE at the parks...you do not have to preorder it....make sure that you have gotten your AP's because when we picked up ours we had to show the AP and a photo ID. I believe that there is some info under the Info Central Tab. if not I am sure somone will be along to give more details.

jray21
01-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok, this is interesting. I purchased my AP in October and once I got the voucher I purchased dde in November. I got an email that said to pick up the card at wdw( which is where you pick it up ad mentioned on the previous post) so I redeemed both the AP & the DDE card on January 11, 2008. But guess what? While my AP expires on January 11, 2009, my DDE doesn't expire until FEBRUARY 28, 2009!! Go figure!

ILoveLegos
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes, the DDE gives you 1 calendar year from the purchase date, so every year I've had one, the annual pass expired before the DDE has expired. If you are renewing your AP each year, no problem. But even if you do not renew (as I chose not to this year), you only supply your active DDE at participating resturants, not your AP, so you can continue using it until it expires.

Horizon93
01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
We love DDE. You can buy it at WDW. It is much less expensive than 17-20 days of DDP would be. The DDE is $65, I think. That is good for up to a party of 10. You only need one DDE card for the two of you.

DW and I could never eat as much food as we would get on the DDP. We do like to eat nice table service dinners. The DDE gives us 20% off on meals AND beverages! It paid for itself the first 3 days of our last trip, and we have a 12 day trip coming up in July. Between DDE and Disney Visa Rewards, our Narcoossee's dinner won't cost us a thing~
Definitely check out info central for more information.

vizsla
01-15-2008, 05:46 AM
I always get an AP and also get the DDE because that works out to be cheaper for us that using the DDP. As far as the DDE, I usually call one week before I arrive to make that purchase at WDW and they have me p/u a temporary card at Guest Relations in Epcot. Buy doing that I know I can get two trips out of it.

ibrowse17
01-15-2008, 11:50 AM
You can now buy a DDE card at any guest services in person, and no longer have to worry about the dates. We bought our DDE while turning our AP vouchers in last month at Epcot, so they have the same start date.:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
You can now buy a DDE card at any guest services in person, and no longer have to worry about the dates. We bought our DDE while turning our AP vouchers in last month at Epcot, so they have the same start date.:thumbsup:

That's good to know. The DDE has saved us loads of money (we're a party of eight). Almost every restaurant takes it - not the counter services - except some of those at the Animal Kingdom (we used it at Pizzafari).

Does anyone know if the AP renewal is less than the original price? I can't seem to recall.

Horizon93
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes. I believe that, taking the DVC discount inc account, that the Ap renewal is $35 less than a new one.