PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend

tinkmommy
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
How bad are the crowds over Memorial Day Weekend? My husband is having a conference at Disney during the week leading up to weekend and we were thinking of joining him at the end of the conference for a long weekend at DW.

BelleCiavo
01-14-2008, 02:24 PM
We were there last Memorial Day weekend, it was pretty bad, but we are used to September so that may weigh in. Overall many fast passes are gone by mid day, stand-by times on rides such as any mountain, Soarin', TT, RNRC, TOT were typically 90 minutes, sometimes 120 minutes. Get to the parks early.

Maybe if you read trip reports from last May you will get a good idea.

Karen :mickey:

01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
We were there the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend. During the week it was not bad at all but on the last day (Friday) we noticed an increase in crowds. So I'm guessing the weekend gets rather crowded.

Tink#64
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
We were there the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend. During the week it was not bad at all but on the last day (Friday) we noticed an increase in crowds. So I'm guessing the weekend gets rather crowded.

:ditto: But we planned for this and we visited all the parks earlier in the week and made sure that we got in all of the major attractions before the crowds got really big. By the Friday of the holiday weekend, we couldn't believe how crowded the resort was, the pool, food court, the busses, the lines in the parks! That was our first holiday experience for us, we usually visit in early May & it was a shock. But it was still manageable. So given the opportunity to visit WDW - I'd say go! Just expect crowds! :crowd:

bigbabyblues
01-15-2008, 10:05 PM
We were there from the Friday of Memorial Day weekend through the following weekend. It was crowded, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be. We were able to do everything we wanted to except see Spectromagic, and we were at MK while it was going on, but we just didn't get to it.

We were planning to go the same week this year, but we bought a new van, so our trip was postponed.