PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom question?

Deesdisney
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Last year when we went we found out that they do not have cups with lids and ended up buying the souv. cup. If we do this can we use it another day? I do not remember if you can refill for a certain price? We plan on going for at least 2 days and everyone has a different drink so sharing is not in the books.

Deesdisney
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Bump

CaptSmee
01-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Bump

I don't believe they are.

Speedy1998
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I doubt it.

I have heard that while they do still do not have lids they do have straws now. Apperently they found a material to make the straws out of that the animals can digest.

MegaDisney
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
You could always just buy the drink and pour it into the souviner cup.

Magic Smiles
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I do not know about AK, but we bought a souvenir cup at MGM this past Dec 07. It was NOT refillable.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I never understood everyone's complaint about the straws. You drink the same way out of a gladd at home, why is it any different at a theme park?

And before anyone says anything about the children, if you use a sippie cup at home...you can just as easily bring it the park and fill it with the soda you bought from the stand.

But to answer the OP question, no, the cups are not refillable.

Deesdisney
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
That answers that question. I will just take my refillable mug from the resort. Last time we went we ended up with bugs and spilling half of our drinks. We will just buy and poor into the refillable one. Thank you.

DANAM
01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
We did the same thing poured it into our hotel mug. For my kids I know they didn't have the straws so I brought sippy cups. I know for sure they didn't have straws or lids in September.

DizneyRox
01-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I never understood everyone's complaint about the straws. You drink the same way out of a gladd at home, why is it any different at a theme park?
Yes and no... Yes, I do drink out of a non covered glass at home, but I also don't fill my glass 3/4 of the way with small ice cubes that stick together and fall into your face at the most inconvenient time.

I understand the concern over the animals and such, but I always found it strange. Especially when they started with the individually wrapped utensils that I'm sure the wrappers found their way into the animal habitats. Or the wrappers on many of the other items, like the ice creams, etc.

Strange policy but if EVERYTHING else was safe for the animals except the lids and the straws, then it's understandable.