PDA

View Full Version : Special Events in May

Minnie4me
01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi All,

My DW and I are planning another trip to WDW and we were wondering if anyone knows of any special events, happenings, crowds for the first week in May??

We like to stay away when they are having extra large groups of people.

Thanks!!

DisneyDog
01-14-2008, 11:42 AM
The Flower and Garden Festival. They have concerts with musical artists from the '60s. One year we were walking through Epcot and walked right past Peter Noone. He's pretty recognizable. I think I would have recognized him even if he was at my local mall. Ha ha.

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I think that in early May, the Flower and Garden Festival is about it, except for a Minnie Marathon, and a Soccer Tournament at the Wide World of Sports.
The F&GF has a lot going on with special topiary events, special merchandise, and of course the concerts.

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Our family went this past May 5-11. It was a really nice week. The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot is so pretty. All of the character topiaries are amazing. The weather was nice--cooler in the mornings and evenings, but warm enough that DS wanted to swim in the afternoons. The crowds were not too bad. Kids are in school, but there appeared to be several school field trips going on during the days we were there. Overall, I would go that week again in a heartbeat!:mickey:

Carol
01-14-2008, 04:26 PM
May Events (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp#May_Events)