PDA

View Full Version : What are some things you would like to see done at the parks?

broadway_chick72
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Is there a post like this?Well, w/e.

What do you want to see changed or added to the parks?

I would like to see the Narnia thing taken out. The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrode is beginning to become a dated movie. I think they should replace it with Enchanted. Especially because that movie has done so well.

Also, I would like to see something done with the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea land. I had written the Disney company years ago (I was eight) and said that they should put the "House of Mouse" there. The House of Mouse was a TV show years ago and it basically showed old disney cartoons. Mickey hosted it. People ate and drank and stuff in the audience. I thought that that would be a nice place. Isn't 20,000 Leagues pretty near to Mickey's Toontown Fair? It's just kind of sad (but interesting) to see that land just sit there. I don't even think there's the lake still there.

lovedisneyworld
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I would like to see a character breakfast geared toward boys such as Star Wars or Toy Story or something like that.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I would like to see Malestrom remodel to put the movie at the beginning as you wait. Sort-of like the Great Movie Ride. I would also like to see seats for the "O Canada" movie. Since the Canada movie is in 360 degrees the seats could be spinning seats maybe.

I would like to see some changes in the Animal Kingdom. This park is just too crowded with paths that are just way too narrow. It would be great to have something to get people from one side of the park to another. Maybe like a sky cable ride of some sort.

I also think they should do something with the Wonders of Life at EPCOT. I mean why not have something else up front to do on the health theme.

Disney Studios also needs a boast. They need to consider producing a show there of some sort. I mean it is supposed to be a movie / tv studio. Some sort of show should be done even if it is a game show broadcast on the Disney channel.

Tigger&Stitch
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
My ultimate dream? No smoking anywhere in the parks or in the resorts. :D

Doubt I"ll see that in my lifetime,but just in case the powers-that-be at Disney are reading.. ;) hehe!

Otherwise..hmm..more rides in Epcot maybe - in the World Showcase.

As for Muppets, I love them,but not the additional 3D character. Can we just be a part of the audience for a Muppets show? That would be incredible!

jszczur5
01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=broadway_chick72;1516342]Is there a post like this?Well, w/e.

What do you want to see changed or added to the parks?

I would like to see the Narnia thing taken out. The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrode is beginning to become a dated movie. QUOTE]

The Narnia exhibit is being updated to reflect the new Narnia - Prince Caspian movie which is coming out this spring. That should give the attraction at least another year or two of "relevance". Although I agree with you, the attraction is a bit of a bore, my Narnia-obsessed son thought it was fabulous!

jaredkari
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I have posted on a topic like this before. I really think Hollywood Studios needs the most work. Both of their big thrill ride attractions are located right next to each other at one end of the park. They need to come up with a new thrill ride to have on the other side to even things out (maybe a James Bond thrill ride, oh yeah they aren't MGM anymore oh well). Everyone rushes to that one side of the park and it is just awful down there. Also I think the Indiana Jones stunt show needs to be redone. I know it is a classic movie, BUT, they could put a Pirates of the Caribbean stunt show there instead similar to what they have a Treasure Island in Vegas. Also Star Tours needs updating in a bad way. :mickey:

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Just an FYI- it would be tough to put cable cars in AK - same issue as why they closed in MK- (lightning storms-)

But as far as what i think should be done-

1.) Jazz up Star tours, make it a better ride- more geared towards the entire 6 movie set.

2.) Re-do the backstage tour so its worthwhile. It should be as much as a must do as the safari in AK. If its supposed to be a studio, why is it so blah. also- they used to drive my the houses used in the movies, they skip that part of the tour now.

3.) Bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea- we need some nostalgic rides to stimulate younger children wanting to go back and view the classics.

4.) Make the People Mover ride have more to see = I love the ride, its a great concept, but it has always alot of blank walls and outdated scenery. Jazzing it up would be great.

5.) Make the Journey into Imagination with Figment ride better and expand his role more in the park. He is almost a forgotten character.
6.) Get some of the newer characters into some rides- The Incredibles especially
7.) pay homage to the classics- maybe a themed ride to show the progression of Disney movies- drive around in a flubber car, see the apple dumpling gang, that darn cat and escape to witch mountian. Stuff like that, so its not lost in the archives. Some of those movies are still good.
8.) More rides at world showcase. something to get more people to enjoy it. Like maybe a " Trrain to Europe " ride to showcase the beauty of these countries.

Sorry i may actually have more- but i will stop

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
And Re- open river Country-
3 water parks makes it less crowded - and makes it accessible to more people.
That was a fun park, i dont know why it never re-opens,

thrillme
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Just an FYI- it would be tough to put cable cars in AK - same issue as why they closed in MK- (lightning storms-)

But as far as what i think should be done-

1.) Jazz up Star tours, make it a better ride- more geared towards the entire 6 movie set.

2.) Re-do the backstage tour so its worthwhile. It should be as much as a must do as the safari in AK. If its supposed to be a studio, why is it so blah. also- they used to drive my the houses used in the movies, they skip that part of the tour now.

3.) Bring back 20,000 leagues under the sea- we need some nostalgic rides to stimulate younger children wanting to go back and view the classics.

4.) Make the People Mover ride have more to see = I love the ride, its a great concept, but it has always alot of blank walls and outdated scenery. Jazzing it up would be great.

5.) Make the Journey into Imagination with Figment ride better and expand his role more in the park. He is almost a forgotten character.
6.) Get some of the newer characters into some rides- The Incredibles especially
7.) pay homage to the classics- maybe a themed ride to show the progression of Disney movies- drive around in a flubber car, see the apple dumpling gang, that darn cat and escape to witch mountian. Stuff like that, so its not lost in the archives. Some of those movies are still good.
8.) More rides at world showcase. something to get more people to enjoy it. Like maybe a " Train to Europe " ride to showcase the beauty of these countries.

Sorry i may actually have more- but i will stop

Yes yes and yes. That great BALL in Epcot desperate needs updating...good grief...it's not "futuristic" anymore it's NOW. It seemed like a number of years ago...Disney had the most UNIQUE rides. Many things in Disney are still the same as they were in 1980. I'd like to see Disney upgrade a lot of stuff and put in something new based on some of the new characters and new technologies.

One real simple upgrade to the backstage tour would be to have a celeberty pass through every once in a while. All they'd have to do is walk from one building to the next...perhaps wave. That would be a bit of a "charge" to see.

The "people mover" heavens...I don't even know what the point of that is anymore. Why don't they actually USE that the way it's supposed to be designed to get from one part of the park to the other with a stop at each station?

While I totally LOVE Splash Mountian I'd almost like to see a new theme like maybe Emperors New Groove. They won't even let you buy the movie based on the Splash Mountian ride here in the U.S. So it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to those under about late 30's or early 40's because I don't think the movie has been played since then.

I'd also like to see slides added at the value resorts.

I'd like to see a little more geared to teens as well. Kid's don't stay little forever. Add a little more "thrill" and excitement for some of the older kids.

I'd also like to see this ADR stuff go away so that you can't make reservations till the DAY of for lunch and dinner or the day before for breakfast unless you're planning a really BIG gathering of 10 or more. Then people can eat when they're actually "hungry" instead of "hoping" they'll be hungry at whatever time for whatever food.

linedropper
01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I agree with a post earlier, They need some more character breakfast times for the boys! Buzz, Incredibles, Monsters, The are so girl oriented! :mickey:

Meteora
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM

I completely agree with this, and I'd like to see a general return to the "discovery/learning" theme of Epcot. Not every ride has to be an adrenaline-inducing thrill-ride. I would love to see something akin to an updated Horizons. And the Wonders of Life pavilion definitely needs to be re-opened, even if its as an entirely different pavilion. IMO, there aren't enough rides at Epcot to effectively distribute the growing crowds.

At the Studios, Sounds Dangerous has got to go, and the backstage tour badly needs a spruce up--it's verging on irrelevance.

robemcdo
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Get rid of stitch..
Monsters Inc not much better

Their needs to be alternate ways to get around the park. You get stuck in a parade route, that can mess up your whole day.

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Just an FYI- Stitch is one of the top 5 most popular characters-
So he needs ome representation somewhere- and i dont think the ride is that bad

#1donaldfan
01-14-2008, 02:17 PM
A lot of very good ideas here....very fun to read. Why not have the Indiana Jones ride to tie in with the show at MGM?? That would give another thrill ride, and it would be more to the other end of the park, which may take some crowd away from the "thrill corner"...even though I love it over there....two awesome rides and a great show......WOW....ps....about the no smoking anywhere??? Why?? I'm not a smoker anymore, but does not EVERYONE have a choice, and a right to go to Disney?? So, if you have your way a smoker is not allowed unless they don't smoke for the length of their stay?? That's kinda like telling someone very addicted to Soft drinks or chocolate to not eat or drink while staying....why should they be more punished....they have certain areas that they are subjected to, is that not bad enough...and I know some don't adhere to those, but honestly how much of a whif of smoke does one get by passing by someone, not going by the rules.....a miniscule amount, more of an aggravation than a certain risk.....

thrillme
01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I agree with a post earlier, They need some more character breakfast times for the boys! Buzz, Incredibles, Monsters, The are so girl oriented! :mickey:

Yes something more BOY orientated. I didn't even think of that. I'm tired of all the girly things. A PIRATE breakfast would be sooooo awesome.

Tigger&Stitch
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
WOW....ps....about the no smoking anywhere??? Why?? I'm not a smoker anymore, but does not EVERYONE have a choice, and a right to go to Disney?? So, if you have your way a smoker is not allowed unless they don't smoke for the length of their stay?? That's kinda like telling someone very addicted to Soft drinks or chocolate to not eat or drink while staying....why should they be more punished....they have certain areas that they are subjected to, is that not bad enough...and I know some don't adhere to those, but honestly how much of a whif of smoke does one get by passing by someone, not going by the rules.....a miniscule amount, more of an aggravation than a certain risk.....

Drinking soft drinks or eating chocolate doesn't affect other people. Smoking is incredibly harmful to the person smoking, to anyone within range of the smoke AND the environment (I'm thinking of cig butts all over the place). A whif is a lot. Incredibly annoying, even if not a significant risk. It's my air, and I'd like it to be clean.

There is no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom..does that mean alcoholics are discriminated against? Alcohol is also an addiction.

I find that every flight I have taken to/from New Zealand has been packed. It's at least a 13 hour flight. Do you think that everyone on that plane doesn't smoke? It is possible to go that long without a cig...

I answered the post honestly - this is what I would like. If there is no smoking at all, there would be no wayward smokers.

I don't agree with other people's choices, but they are all opinion and hopes.

#1donaldfan
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
You are right in your opinion and in your response, but the only negative thing I see is the hopes of banning something that others choose to do. Yes, it's a horrible thing to do, and it's very hard to quit. I am only thinking of those who choose to smoke and do all the right things.....eg. smoke in the designated area's, don't sneak one in the room....that's all I'm really saying. They shouldn't have to choose between going to another vacation destination becasue Disney say's NO SMOKING ANYWHERE...those who choose to break the rules make it hard on those who don't. Smokers are not contageus or bad, ignorant people, they just picked up a bad, bad habbit, that is nearly impossible to kick. My reference to soft drinks and chocolate eating was a vague attempt to show addiction comes in all shape, forms, and sizes. I am sorry to offend, but everyone has the right to be there, even if they have a "bad habbit".

broadway_chick72
01-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow, there are some really great responses here. I LOVE the Pirates character meal idea.

This is my personal opinion, I don't Indiana Jones show should be there still. It's been there for SO long and it's not Disney! A Pirates stuntshow sounds amazing and more updated and familar to kids. A LOT of kids don't know what Indiana Jones is!

I agree that Studios needs the most work. If they keep the Indiana Jones thing, they should definitly make some sort of ride there.

And this goes to Mackflava99's post, they could EASILY make a Herbie themed roller-coaster.
Or they could make some kind of Enchanted ride, like "The Journey to New York City" or something. Eh, I don't know. They just need more stuff there.

WDWFREAK101
01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
They need to add more water rides. Splash Mountain is an awesome ride so i don't know if it could get any better than that but they should a least try. The line is a MONSTER!!! 2 hours?!?!?! Sometimes people who don't like the ride go on it anyway just to get cooled off. If not more water rides than at least add some water part to other rides.

Anyway, i would like more rides to be updated in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Epcot has some pretty good stuff when it opened but now it isn't futuristic anymore. It is just science now. Obviously, kids and Teens (Especially teens) aren't going to be interested in something like how they make your food. The rides are good but they need to add and update more things. Soarin' is a perfect example. It is a good ride but i don't understand why it is in Future World. I think it should be moved toward the MK. It flys over the MK in Disneyland so i think it would fit.

One last thing, somebody already said this but the character breakfasts' are geared toward little girls all of the time. Cinderella, Pooh and on and on. They need to be have a boy breakfast with Stitch, Mike Wazoski, Sully, Tigger, Woody, Buzz etc...

dumbo ears
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I think Narnia needs to go also and there needs to be more rollercoaster type rides.

Tigger&Stitch
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
To defend my opinion *again* :offtopic:

I didn't say I wanted those who smoke to not be in the parks - I just don't want any smoking in the park.

If smokers choose to go to another destination just so they can smoke, I think that says more about their priorities than the company banning the smoking.

And many places ARE banning smoking - the entire country of Ireland (as well as NZ) has banned smoking in all indoor places. Smokers have then gone outside buildings and crowded doorways, so many parts of the US won't allow smoking within a certain distance of the door.

Many say smoking is an addiction that is horribly difficult to quit. Ok, then, I personally don't believe companies should support this horrible addiction by allowing users to "use" in public places where there are children.

Disney already has decided not to show smoking in any of its movies. A great step, I think.

jszczur5
01-14-2008, 05:28 PM
And Re- open river Country-
3 water parks makes it less crowded - and makes it accessible to more people.
That was a fun park, i dont know why it never re-opens,

Where was River Country? What did it include? Has everything been totally dismantled, or would they be able to resurrect it without starting from scratch? i agree that a third water park would be nice.

broadway_chick72
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM
The options are limitless there. Id love to see a Cars based ride although it might be better served taking over the old and worn out Indy Speedway at MK and completely revamping it.

I've heard rumors that they're thinking about doing that.

Hull-onian
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I would like an Indiana Jones ride. I think it could be dark and exciting at the same time. That is my :twocents: worth!!

goofysbabe
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
What's the people mover ride????

I also would like to see them do something with the old movies (that darn cat, apple dumpling gang etc.) they are wonderful movies it's ashame they are not part of the disney experience.

I just think they need to update - star tours, indy jones, etc,

I think they need to do something with that sounds dangerours - that is a horrible, horrible waste of space!

mrsgaribaldi
01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
The biggest thing that I would like to see if for the parks to stay open later during the off season (which is when we go);) Since we are not morning people it would be great to stay out later. :thumbsup: I like alot of the suggestions people have already made:mickey:

RoosMomKanga
01-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I'd love to see more countries added to Epcot with new rides/attractions. Also, I know my kids are in the minority, but they love museums and although the Epcot countries have several musem type areas (with some beautiful artifacts) they are all set up just as viewing cases...I'd like them to be more interactive like Innoventions is. They seem to be more of an afterthought and are widely overlooked. Where's the Imagineering? There was so much thought put into the setup of these countries, but you'd only know that by reading about it ahead of time. I'd love to get a free download for my teenager's Ipod with appropriate music and an interesting way of pointing out all the cool:cool: stuff in each country (I'm doing this for some walking tours we're doing in Paris). WAY nicer than listening to your Mom tell you about the architecture/interesting facts of a building (how uncool). Maybe even make several versions: Adult, child, a teen version with a teen walking you through it (I know as my kids have reached their teens they love talking to the cast members since they're around their age). As technology becomes more accessible, I think Disney should tap into it more (I think Pal Mickey provides some info, but my kids aren't going to carry one as teens NOT:cool:). Could you have a toll free phone number to call for each country to get a basic "tour" (how many people at WDW have a cell phone with them?)? I know my family would use this!

Mackflava99
01-15-2008, 09:53 AM
it sems Cigarett smoking has effected people's Logic too. Is smoking one of the Constitutional rights?
I agree people have a right to smoke BUT people also have a right not to- Its not fair to assume that this habit is something others want to share.
its not the same as when someone wears too much cologne or perfume, while it does **** to smell it, its not going to hurt you.
Plus it actually might cancel out their bad B.O.

Normally, If someone blows smoke in my face i will yank the cigarette out of their mouth- At disney i am in such a good mood while i am there, that i don't get as mad. But other places i will.
Smoking is a habit and an addiction. i understand its difficult to stop. BUT it doesnt mean you need to effect others. If you choose to smoke, then you also chose to do it in the appropriate area.
Same goes for chewing tobacco, its your choice and if you chose to do it, use a spit cup and thats fine with me. There is no smoke or residue. (But please dont spit on the decorations etc. ):)
If i was a heroin addict, and i chose to shoot up with heroin, i wouldnt expect others to want to see it or join in. Smoking is not at the same level, BUT it is as addictive.
That said, I actually dont mind cigar smoke, its cigarette smoke that is terrible.

Dragongirlx
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I would like the Britian section of Epcot to represent the whole ofBritian and not just England. It helps to promote the view that England is all there is of Britian. I live in Scotland (but grew up in Northern Ireland) and we get a lot of American tourists and it really annoys me when they keep saying how much they love your England when they are here and actually mean the whole of Britian. it would be like me saying how I love America when I am in Canada

I do realise however that the majority of Americans are not like this and understand the difference. but still grrrr

Tigger&Stitch
01-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Normally, If someone blows smoke in my face i will yank the cigarette out of their mouth-

haha! My husband did that to someone last week - he was walking through a park and passed some kids (one of whom was smoking). We're talking 10 or 12 yo!! He yanked the cig right out of his mouth, stomped on it and kept on walking. :thumbsup:

devoted93
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM

I agree they should overhaul the entire ride, but the reason they don't go by the houses used in the movies is that those houses don't exist anymore. They built that stunt show set there instead.

broadway_chick72
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I would like the Britian section of Epcot to represent the whole ofBritian and not just England. It helps to promote the view that England is all there is of Britian. I live in Scotland (but grew up in Northern Ireland) and we get a lot of American tourists and it really annoys me when they keep saying how much they love your England when they are here and actually mean the whole of Britian. it would be like me saying how I love America when I am in Canada

I see you're point there. They could definitly have a Scottish exhibit, an Irish exhibit, and an English exhibit. Maybe they just ran out of room!

CandleontheWater
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
I'd like to see them concentrate more on general maitenance throughout the parks. I'm seeing more and more trash, burned out lightbulbs and neglected landscaping. I'd also like to see Disney ban people from the parks for life for vandalizing Disney property. I love the parks and it breaks my heart to see them looking shabby.

I'd also like to see the year of a million dreams continued on forever. I may not win a night in Cinderella's Castle this year, but if it goes on forever my odds start looking a little better. :mickey:

I also agree with some of the other posters in opening WoL. I know its outdated to some, but give it a little love and people will visit. They still go on Star Tours, what makes Disney execs think that people wouldn't ride Body Wars?

I also am in favor of demolishing the Indy theatre and putting in the Indy dark ride from DL. It is amazing, and I think it would definately add to DHS, and would fit with the new "Hollywood" theme.

I also would love to see them extend the monorail to all 4 parks and DTD. I know this is a pipe dream, and the money could be much better allocated, but wouldn't it just be cool! :cool:

joonyer
01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
If Iwas in charge, the number one thing I would do is completely repace the Tomorrowland Indy speedway. No only do I thinnk this ride is totally lame, my sons have also thought so since they were very young. We stood in line and rode it on our very first visit to WDW, when they were 5 and 8 years old and they never wanted to wait in line to ride it again. Around home, they can ride go-karts at local amusement parks that are much more fun (where you have total control of the car and they go much faster) so they thought the Indy speedway was a waste of thier time. I;m not suggesting for a minute that the ride should become a "real" go-kart track, but IMO opion the speedway is the biggest waste of usable space in the MK if not in any park.

There are so many ideas for better attractions that could be put to use in this space. If they wanted, they could still use an automobile themed ride (with the "retro-future" look or one based on "CARS", although I don't know how that would fit the current tomorrowland theming) or put two or three new attractions in that space. I hear some people say that the speedway always has long lines so it must be popular, but that's mostly because it's so slow loading. I'll bet that the vast majority of guests who ride aren't repeat riders. I know we weren't and we have just skipped it on every visit since our first as a family. It's just not worth waiting for. There are much better go-kart rides at home. Disney should really replace this attraction. It's out-dated, not very interesting (or fun) and takes up way too much valuable real-estate.

My second re-vamp would be to put an actual "real" attraction in the old 20K space, and not just something that just takes up space, like Pooh's Thoughful Spot. That didn't take very much imagination. I'd put a "Toy Story" themed attraction in that space.

jillluvsdisney
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I always enjoyed the Diamond Horseshoe Revue.
I wish they would bring that back. Many of the same performers that used to perform were from the Hoop de Doo. The building is sitting empty now. Bummer.

TTA Metroliner
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I would like to see more nostalgic rides and homage to older Disney movies. I'm 28 and I've seen (and own) most of the older movies. My dad is a big fan and I watched them as I was little.

As a father of two, I'd also like to see some of the newer stuff (a CARS ride, Incredibles, etc.) My son LOVES the pixar stuff. I know Hollywwod Studios is bringing some of that stuff, but they should spread it out to each park.

World Showcase needs more rides (not attractions, rides).

Animal Kingdom (although moving in the right direction) needs more atrractions/rides to attract people there. They also need more animals (it is called ANIMAL kingdom after all)!!

broadway_chick72
01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
You know, Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies. I think in either Hollywood Studios (since it's a movie) or Magic Kingdom (it'd most likely been in Magic Kingdom) they should make a ride that goes through the Alice story. Call it "The Journey to Wonderland" or something. It'd be amazing. I'd prefer it to be in Hollywood Studios (I know that sounds dumb) because they need more stuff there that's NOT thrill rides.

I think they should have moved the Timekeeper (the one with Robin Williams) to Epcot. That or WoL.

BritCody
01-17-2008, 07:21 AM
I agree with some of the other post there is a big need for a "boy" oriented character meal. And not just one either. The girls currently have 3. So if we even the score. We could have a Pirates themed meal with Captain Jack, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee. A Toy Story themed meal with Buzz, Woody, Mr. Potato Head. For the 3rd I would build a new restuarant in Disney Hollywood Studios like the Cantina scene from Star Wars and have Darth Vader, Chewebacca, C 3p0 and a Stormtropper.

I also agree Epcot is in need of at least 2 maybe 3 new rides, with at least one of them going in the World Showcase.

Mackflava99
01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I think there are some great ideas here and it got me thinking of a basic concept-after reading the thread.

There should be a project started called : Filling the Space Takers

Start first with getting rid of the empty space eaters that are there now:

Pooh Playground
Diamond horseShoe
Dinoland carnival
Innovations
The Sky ride towers (2)
Wonders of Life
etc..And come up with a way to re-use the realestate in a more convienient fashion. because either they are not working or not engaging at the moment.
Then work on some outdated rides and spruce them up.
for example: Tommorrow land speedway- cars move as slow as the lines

As important as it is to introduce new rides, i think its important to keep the rest operational and keep the rides per guest ratio at a better rate.

More rides, more activities etc- helps disperse the crowds.

Dragongirlx
01-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I see you're point there. They could definitly have a Scottish exhibit, an Irish exhibit, and an English exhibit. Maybe they just ran out of room!

Thanks but I can't see it happening. I would like to see more done with the American adventure though for us non americans to see:mickey:

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I definitely think that the Studios needs more exciting rides. And Star Tours does need to be updated (but probably not with the prequel movies - there's a pretty strong consensus among Star Wars fans that the three prequel movies were a disgrace!).

I also agree that World Showcase needs more rides. Also, I heard a kid ask his mom why are there no "black people countries" at World Showcase? I think he has a point!

AK needs more thrill rides too. Pretty much all they have is EE, resulting in that attraction being mobbed. (Dinosaur doesn't count IMHO because it simply isn't anywhere near "thrilling." Maybe update that ride to make it more exciting). Primeval Whirl is cute, but pretty tame.

Oh, and I think Journey into Imagination really needs to be revamped - after riding it, I actually felt embarrassed for Disney making such a boring and corny ride.

And I totally agree that smoking should be banned in the parks. Smoking not only affects the smoker, but everyone around him/her (including children and even animals at AK). Not to mention that several precious sitting areas are taken up by smokers, making it hard for people to find a "clean" place to sit. IMO, a Disney vacation should be free of having to breathe the smoke of other people's cancer sticks!

tink'72
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I would like to see a character breakfast geared toward boys such as Star Wars or Toy Story or something like that.

I think this would be a FANTASTIC idea!!!
On a totally different note, one thing I would like to see changed is...I would like the really enforce the no smoking in non-designated areas. When we were there last April I can't tell you how many times I would walk through a puff of smoke...I also found a lot of the designated areas to be outside restrooms. So in order to use the restroom you would have to walk through CLOUDS of smoke.

dteed
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I will second the boys character meal

BigRedDad
01-17-2008, 02:52 PM
This is a childhood memory and one that made WDW stand out. I am sure it is done to some extent, but not with the sense of urgency back in the 70s. It may sound crazy, but some of you old schoolers will remember it. It is when they had the CM street cleaners. You never saw anything on the ground. I was about 4 or 5. I remember dropping my popcorn on the ground. It went everywhere. Before I had a chance to get yelled at or my dad had to clean it up, there was one CM already sweeping up the mess and another went to get a replacement popcorn for me. Back then, you never saw anything on the ground. I know it is not possible with the crowds today and the cost to do it.

Rosemickey68
01-17-2008, 06:19 PM
2nd the idea of having more boy themed character meals! Love the pirate idea and/or star wars....even Tarzan, Buzz, Incredibiles would be great!

2nd the idea of revamping the Indiana Jones show...great when you see the 1st time but it hasn't changed at all and they need to revamp it with the other Indiana Jones movies or replace it with another theme (even though I love Indiana Jones!)

Would like to see more value or moderate resorts that will allow families of 5.

Would love to see the incredibles incorporated into some sort of ride.

2nd the opinion of the Star Wars ride implementing part of the 6 movies.

At AK they could put some sort of Tarzan themed playground for the kids

Would love to see some sort of ride incorporating Enchanted

Would love the year of a million dreams to continue forever!

Would also love the parks to stay open later so we wouldn't have to wake up so early to do everything we want to.

and just my 2 cents on the smoking thing....if a smoker isn't smoking in the lines and are in an area where you can move away from them or don't have to walk right by them...they don't bug me. It bugs me when they smoke in line or in the crowd during the fireworks or parades where you can't get away from the smoke. Smokers have their rights and so do non-smokers and if I don't want to be subjected to breathing in cigarette or cigar smoke then I shouldn't have to...so I like having the space to be able to move away from someone smoking not have it blown in my face, so if there are designated spaces for smokers in the parks then that is where they should smoke! Most places are now becoming non-smoking and my friends that do smoke have just dealt with it and go to the designated areas without a problem.

Rosemickey68
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
2nd the idea of having more boy themed character meals! Love the pirate idea and/or star wars....even Tarzan, Buzz, Incredibiles would be great!:thumbsup:

2nd the idea of revamping the Indiana Jones show...great when you see the 1st time but it hasn't changed at all and they need to revamp it with the other Indiana Jones movies or replace it with another theme (even though I love Indiana Jones!)

Would like to see more value or moderate resorts that will allow families of 5.

Would love to see the incredibles incorporated into some sort of ride.

2nd the opinion of the Star Wars ride implementing part of the 6 movies.

At AK they could put some sort of Tarzan themed playground for the kids

Would love to see some sort of ride or show incorporating Enchanted

Would love the year of a million dreams to continue forever!

Would also love the parks to stay open later so we wouldn't have to wake up so early to do everything we want to.

and just my 2 cents on the smoking thing....if a smoker isn't smoking in the lines and are in an area where you can move away from them or don't have to walk right by them...they don't bug me. It bugs me when they smoke in line or in the crowd during the fireworks or parades where you can't get away from the smoke. Smokers have their rights and so do non-smokers and if I don't want to be subjected to breathing in cigarette or cigar smoke then I shouldn't have to...so I like having the space to be able to move away from someone smoking and not have it blown in my face, so if there are designated spaces for smokers in the parks then that is where they should smoke! Most places are now becoming non-smoking and my friends that do smoke have just dealt with it and go to the designated areas without a problem.

pink
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
1) More action rides in Epcot.
2) Refurbish the screen on Muppets 3D.
3) Add a Mythical Creature section to Animal Kingdom to incorporate with the Yeti in EE.
4) I would also love to see Narnia taken out and put Enchanted in there- that would be great.
5) I would also like an Incredible 3D type ride.

CaptSmee
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
...ahhh...an if I were an imagineer question! Boy, i'd have a blast for sure!

At Magic Kingdom:

I would start by gutting the Fantasyland area from Ariel's Grotto all the way over to Toontown (where Pooh's Playful Spot is). In this area I would develop a classic dark ride based on the Little Mermaid and also put in a theater to house a musical (maybe the Snow White one from Disneyland).

Then, getting even more aggressive, I would tear out the Treehouse and put in Journey to the Center of the Earth (from DisneySea) in Adventureland.

I probably would then followup by updating Space Mountain to an exact replica of the Disneyland version.

At Animal Kingodm:

I would move the Festival of the Lion King to Africa and re-theme this entire land to what was originally know as Beastly Kingdom. Attractions to be announced at a later date, I suppose...

Epcot & MGM need a little more thought, but at MGM I feel that they definitely need something that better showcases how movies are made than the lame Backlot Tour.

pink
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Then, getting even more aggressive, I would tear out the Treehouse and put in Journey to the Center of the Earth (from DisneySea) in Adventureland.

I like that idea!

I would also like them to add the Indiana Jones ride to MGM. :mickey:

broadway_chick72
01-18-2008, 08:37 PM
1) More action rides in Epcot.
2) Refurbish the screen on Muppets 3D.
3) Add a Mythical Creature section to Animal Kingdom to incorporate with the Yeti in EE.
4) I would also love to see Narnia taken out and put Enchanted in there- that would be great.
5) I would also like an Incredible 3D type ride.

I love the mythical creature idea. That'd be great! The imagineers could have a ball with that!

LibertyTreeGal
01-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Kick out the people who feed the birds! I am super serious about this one....

Make upper level smoking areas, that might be nicer for everyone. They don't all need to be down low, upper level would give nice viewing areas and the smoke would not be so offensive.

The boys need some character breakfasts, as others have mentioned. I am sick to death of princess everything!

Treehouses!!

The Trainride through Europe movie idea sounded heavenly to me :cloud9:

Snakes at AK, a real snake exhibit would be cool.

Bus service from Epcot and MGM to the Epcot resorts..... and stop overloading the boats :paranoid:

A better Stitch ride.

KineGirl
01-19-2008, 01:38 AM
I have wished many things for WDW and some have happened but now that my own daughter is a teenager, my hubby & I take more and more "couple" trips and the parks are hardly "empty" anymore - that there were some kind of stroller free lanes around parade/fireworks time and park closing. It could also give the the older guests some area to hopefully avoid a bit of the crowd.
Most families are courteous with their strollers but there always seem to be some who use them for battering rams thru the crowds! ouch!

Also more shows like Nemo & Little Mermaid, SOMETHING Nightmare Before Christmas in WDW!!, Stitch ride beefed up a little, more interactive rides like Buzz Lightyear & Monsters Inc