PDA

View Full Version : cancel reservation and loss of points

MinnieMommie
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I am scheduled to fly into Orlando tomorrow from the northeast. Our airline is rescheduling since we are scheduled to have a major snow storm where I live. I may not be able to fly until Tuesday. Will I loose my points for my Monday night reservation? Is there an emergency DVC number I can call tonight? Thank you so much for all your help fellow intercotees. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I would just call the MS @ 800-800-9800 tomorrow ASAP and explain the situation. You never know what they'll do until you ask.

LCPZA
01-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I believe you needed to have trip insurance to get your "points back" (value in cash). When I have made my reservations they told me to get insurance. Hopefully you have it. IF not just maybe the "SNOW" will come as rain or not be that bad.

Ian
01-14-2008, 08:15 AM
If Member Services can't or won't help, call your Sales Guide.

I know in many cases of extenuating circumstances, they'll work something out with you even when MS won't.

Under any circumstances I'd call and let them know about the issue and see what can be done. Maybe (availability permitting) they'd let you add a night onto this stay at the back end?

tinkerbell04
01-14-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree, I would call member services ASAP to explain the situation. We were really affected by a hurricane a few years ago and we postponed our trip for a few days and they worked with us so we didn't lose any of our points.:mickey: