PDA

View Full Version : Kangaroo @ AK???

beachezncream
01-13-2008, 07:29 PM
My dad and I are watching a rerun of great hotels and its the episode where samantha stays at the AKL... they showed in a clip of the safari , a kangaroo... I've been to AK 60-70 times starting two months after it opened and have never seen a Kangaroo... did one ever exist?? they also show them in the earlier vacation planning videos....

baby minnie's mommy
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
That's interesting...never paid attention to that! I know they have kangaroos in an area by the Tree, but have never heard of or seen them in the Safari. We didn't visit the park when it was first built, so don't know what animals the Safari had when it began. :confused:

Davyjones
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
According to the ISIS record books, Animal Kingdom has a male and female Red Kangaroo.

Davyjones= Zookeeper :mickey:

beachezncream
01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
can the viewing public see them??

btw i like the liverpool thing in your sig. =] Liverpool is awesome!

Lacy
01-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow, I never knew they had Kangaroos at the DAK. I will have to make a special time to look for them on my next trip. I definitely don't think they would be or ever have been on the Safari since I've never heard of a kangaroo in Africa.....wouldn't really fit with the theming.

Followthatmouse
01-14-2008, 05:39 AM
I believe the 'roos are somewhere in the Oasis trails, or were, at least. They had a wallaby, too.

#1donaldfan
01-14-2008, 08:30 AM
We too will have to find the kanga...never seem 'em there, but now that it's been mentioned I do remember seeing them on the planning video, or the travel chanel........?????

mudpuppysmom
01-14-2008, 08:39 AM
We're going on Thursday (YEAH!!), so we'll have to look then!! Even if they are "hiding" DS is great at finding hidden animals!!

PlutoToo
01-14-2008, 09:31 AM
The 'roos were there in Nov. They are on one of the paths in front of the Trail in front of the Tree of Life.

baby minnie's mommy
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
In Feb. 2007 we saw one in the Discovery Island section, along the parade route. We had left Dinoland and were headed towards the Tree. While we were watching the parade, some of our group stepped back a bit and noticed the trail behind us had a kangaroo. :mickey:

Davyjones - Are there any walabees listed at AK? The kangaroo we saw was small. Or is the Red kangaroo a smaller variety of kangaroo?

biodtl
01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
The red kangaroo is actually the largest type of kangaroo, so you may have seen a wallaby.

Davyjones
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
biodtl - You're right. Red Roos are the largest of the roo species.

baby minnie's mommy - Yes, there are some wallabies at AK: There is 1 male Tammar Wallaby, and 2 male Parma Wallabies. You might have seen them at AK. I unfortunately don't know where they house all the Macropods at AK.

beachezncream - Thanks! You don't find many Liverpool FC people here in the states. :)

mudpuppysmom - Good hunting (so to speak ;) )!!!