PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs

Kerry823
01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
We were at Pop Century last April and got the refillable YOMD mugs for 2007. They were the only mugs available. I was hoping that this year they would have the regular POP mugs available. We buy them, bring them home, and use them until the designs are nearly worn off! Anyway, my question is if there are YOMD mugs for 2008 and what they look like or if anyone has been at POP this year, if the regular mugs are available.

87 more days!
Thanks!

broadway_chick72
01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I love the refillable mugs.

This is a question like Kerry's, has anyone seen the Fort Wilderness mug? And do the mug designs even change? Or do they stay the same?

Pipalotta
01-13-2008, 08:52 PM
I was just at Pop this past week and all the mugs they have are the yomd ones, but they have different colored handles, black, blue and silver. They were the only ones available.

Christine
01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
When I was there, the YOMD mugs were on sale (some with 2007 on it, and some with no year). Looks like since YOMD is gonna be extended, so are the mugs.

MickeyChick
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
So if the mugs aren't resort specific, does that mean you can use them anywhere? I still don't really understand the whole refillable mug thing.

Pipalotta
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
You are not suppose to be able to use them any where but if they are not marked for a certain resort I am not sure how they could say that you didnt buy it there. When we were at Pop I saw lots of people using the old resort mugs from Pop as well as resort mugs from other places. No one polices the drink area soooo.

goin2disney
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
How much is it for a mug? We are staying at POP in a couple weeks.

Crow
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Ill b back at Pop end of Feb....was hoping for some better mugs, as i have last yr nonresort specific YOAMD

Pipalotta
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
The mugs are 12.95 I think. The only ones they had when we were there was the YOMD ones and it was the tall skinny ones.

goin2disney
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
So do you also pay for refills?

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-14-2008, 11:16 PM
So do you also pay for refills?

nope refills are free!...that is the great thing about them. you get unlimited refills at your resort for the length of the stay in which you bought the mug. That is included in the $12.95 or whatever it is. Plus they are a cute souvie! considering that a coke is about $2 and change, these cups pay for themselves rather quickly, especially for you coffee drinkers in the AM!

Nascfan
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Plus they are a cute souvie! considering that a coke is about $2 and change, these cups pay for themselves rather quickly, especially for you coffee drinkers in the AM!

Or if you are staying at Pop and like the frozen cokes/slushies like us. That's one of many things I can't wait for in June! :thumbsup:

goin2disney
01-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Any idea how late they stay open? Just wondering how late you can get a drink.
That is sooooo worth it! Especially for dh who will be happy to get his coffee. The boys love icees too. We will have to get 2 of these!

TinkerbellT421
01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
My boyfriend and me just got back friday from staying at the POP. I love the refillable mugs, they do not have new ones, just the YOMD ones. And I to saw people with Saratoga Springs, and wilderness lodge and boardwalk mugs refilling, they do not police the area nor do I ever see anyone say anything to them. (That's cool of them). All I know about them staying open was there were quite a few mights we wouldn't arrive back at the hotel till 11pm or 12am and we would go in and get a drink and go back to the room, they would still be open then.

Here we go again...
01-16-2008, 06:42 AM
We always get the refillable mugs... with the exception of OKW. The amount of time that the counter service location is open and the fact that you have to stand in the food line to get a drink is crazy.
I hope they fix that problem...

I did not even see hot chocolate and we usually get hot chocolate every night, go to the room and relax. I have to figure out if they have any when we go back in 2 weeks!!

applecore72
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know what type they use at ASM this year?

Sounds great f you're able to use the mugs on more than one resort. We're going to split our trip between ASM and BCV (probably) and from what I've heard they use YOMD-cups at BCV.

(we would be ok to pay the extras for two cups if they both were resort-specific, like a special BCV-resort mug and a special ASM-resort mug :mickey:)

big blue and hairy
01-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know what the official policy is, but every cast member that you ask will tell you that you can use your mug at any of the resorts. They still say it is for the length of your stay, but they tell you it can be used at all of the resorts.

:sulley: