PDA

View Full Version : Drop off point for Theme Parks?

JoseCarioca
01-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi there...I am going to WDW next week with a friend who is attending a convention at the Coronado Springs Resort. We are renting a car and staying off property but I am going to the parks while she is busy.

My question is: Is there a drop off point at the theme parks where I can be dropped off? Or do we have to pay parking and then leave? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

McGoofy
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes, there is a drop off line. When you go through the fee area, they will tell you to follow the green line (I think that is the color that it is!). You will not have to pay to do that.

Pirate Granny
01-13-2008, 07:31 PM
You could also just take the bus from Coronado Springs...let your friend park the car there and you can meet their afterwards rather than hassle with being dropped off...
:pirate:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-14-2008, 12:14 AM
You could also just take the bus from Coronado Springs...let your friend park the car there and you can meet their afterwards rather than hassle with being dropped off...
:pirate:

I second this... take advantage of the Disney transportation and save gas. :thumbsup:

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I had thought about the bus too when I answered your question last night, but I figured there was maybe a specific reason you didn't want to take the bus.

FYI...if you do consider the bus, they are very easy to get to and from Coronado Springs. CS is a convention resort. Because of this, you don't see long waits of people at the bus stops trying to get to the parks because most of the CS guests seem to be staying at the hotel to attend a conference.

JoseCarioca
01-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank you all for your responses...I thought about the bus too, although I wasn't sure if I would make it to the park before opening time... I can't wait to get there!

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Thank you all for your responses...I thought about the bus too, although I wasn't sure if I would make it to the park before opening time... I can't wait to get there!

You can definitely make park opening on the bus, but just give yourself PLENTY of time...say 45 minutes or so. It might not take that long, but you just never know with the buses. You didn't mention which park opening, but the MK opening ceremony is definitely a neat way to start your magical day and worth getting up early for. Have a great trip!