PDA

View Full Version : Some Dining Plan Questions, any advice??

goin2disney
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
We decided to go ahead and do the dining plan and my TS Meals are below.

Sunday dinner @ Coral Reef
Monday dinner @ Sci-Fi
Tuesday dinner @ Bomas
Wednesday dinner @ Tepan Edo
Thursday dinner @ Chef Mickeys

We are a party of 8 (4 boys ages 6,6, 8, 10)

Here are my questions though,
1. Can you order the combo salad and pizza from Toys Story Pizza Planet as a counter service meal? Was not sure if you could get the salad meal or not.

2. Any possiblility the chocolate covered apples at the villains shop in MGM is considered a snack? It is a tradition to get one before Fantasmic.

3. Any suggestions on counter service would be great. I was also told that the counter service is a number regardless if it is a kids meal or not. So, if we order 4 counter service meals at Caseys and 2 are not kids meals will they be taken off of the adults counter service credits.

4. Are shakes (Sci Fi) included as a drink or not??

Thanks!!

mulderxcoltrane
01-13-2008, 07:31 PM
1. Can you order the combo salad and pizza from Toys Story Pizza Planet as a counter service meal? Was not sure if you could get the salad meal or not.

3. Any suggestions on counter service would be great. I was also told that the counter service is a number regardless if it is a kids meal or not. So, if we order 4 counter service meals at Caseys and 2 are not kids meals will they be taken off of the adults counter service credits.

Thanks!!

1. The pizza combo does come with a salad for a CS credit (or at least it did in December - there may have been a change).
3. The old DDP system had trouble distinguishing b/w adult and child credits. However - this glitch has been fixed and each come off separately.

Sunshine1010
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Yes, a salad is included at the pizza place.

Yes, shakes are included as a drink with the dining plan. BUT - it's not refillable like the other drinks would be. If you ask, you can probably get a soft drink to go (we did this with ice tea every night)

I used the new 08 dining plan. Some snacks have been taken and/or removed from the list. This includes family size items (Disney candy bags), and fudge. I'm sure there are more.

Sorry - I don't know the answer to the other questions.

Oh yeah - about the CS options. Keep your mind open to going to other resorts for CS meals. I've heard the CS resort has an excellent CS place. The CBR is AWESOME. We got roast pork, carrots, mashed potatoes, drink and cake --- for a CS meal.

wendy*darling
01-13-2008, 08:34 PM
2. Any possibility the chocolate covered apples at the villains shop in MGM is considered a snack? It is a tradition to get one before Fantasmic.
Snacks are most items under $4. But it does vary at different locations. So if it's $4 or less, ask.

3. I was also told that the counter service is a number regardless if it is a kids meal or not. So, if we order 4 counter service meals at Caseys and 2 are not kids meals will they be taken off of the adults counter service credits.
As someone else posted- in the first couple of years of the DDP, there wasn't a difference between kids and adult credits. Now there is. So if kids' options are available, the children will have to choose from those.

Your TS meals looks great!
Enjoy. :mickey:

mulderxcoltrane
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Found some official info on snack options (these have changed from the 2007 plan):

One snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

goin2disney
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
That is not much of a choice. I also know people who said they were able to get Rice Krispie bars and items like that.
I also read that a latte on Main Street is considered a snack.
If anyone can add to this or know any info about the above let me know. I was looking forward to a vanilla latte in the morning.

wendy*darling
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
The menu signs at each location- including the street carts- will have a small purple/white Dining Plan logo after the price of every item that is allowable on the plan.
If you see something on the menu that does not have the DDP logo- just ask.

mulderxcoltrane
01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
That is not much of a choice. I also know people who said they were able to get Rice Krispie bars and items like that.
I also read that a latte on Main Street is considered a snack.
If anyone can add to this or know any info about the above let me know. I was looking forward to a vanilla latte in the morning.

The rice krispy treats and other larger items were all snack items under the 2007 plan. One of the unfortunate changes to the 2008 plans (which is why many are upset from a cost-benefit perspective) is the reduction of choices for snacks.

Natazu
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
1. Can you order the combo salad and pizza from Toys Story Pizza Planet as a counter service meal? Was not sure if you could get the salad meal or not.Yes, the Buzz, Woody, and Junkyard combos are CS meals.

2. Any possiblility the chocolate covered apples at the villains shop in MGM is considered a snack? It is a tradition to get one before Fantasmic.No, sorry. They're out-of-pocket

3. Any suggestions on counter service would be great. I was also told that the counter service is a number regardless if it is a kids meal or not. So, if we order 4 counter service meals at Caseys and 2 are not kids meals will they be taken off of the adults counter service credits.As far as I know, adult and kids meals are tracked separately for CS too. Anybody?
For some great CS Suggestions... check out this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122536).

4. Are shakes (Sci Fi) included as a drink or not??The shakes are not part of the soft drink TS option, you can get one as a dessert option. Truthfully, my unsolicited opinion is there are better uses for meal plan credits than Sci-Fi. :twocents:

Sunshine1010
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
When I was at Sci-Fi last week, the shakes WERE included as an option. But, it could not be refillable....you could only get one.

bigbabyblues
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
I think whether or not milkshakes are allowed depends on the restaurant or maybe even the server.

DH was allowed to get the bottomless shake at Whispering Canyon. He was not allowed to get a shake at LeCellier or 50's PTC unless it was a dessert or pay oop. Someone I know from another message board was allowed shakes for their entire family at LeCellier two weeks later.

As far as the snacks go, it seems like they've changed it again for 2008. We were allowed all sorts of things as a snack last year, but from what I've read the last few days, it's changed.

Natazu
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
When I was at Sci-Fi last week, the shakes WERE included as an option. But, it could not be refillable....you could only get one.
They may have changed it for '08. It's also possible you got a server with a magic key to the Squirrel.