PDA

View Full Version : Cross Roads

Disneygeert
01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Hello again

WE also want to visit Cross Roads. Is it possible to go there by bus from the Yacht Club Hotel or should you go to Downtown Disney en go from walking or by bus?

Disneygeert

Polylurker
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I researched this question elsewhere and was told that the buses will not take you to Crossroads and that walking was not really practical. It sounds as if there is a busy roadway you would need to cross (remember the game Frogger??). I would recommend taking a taxi. We are actually renting a car for just 2 days on-site to take care of those things we want to do off-site in Orlando.

Hope this helps!:marg:

DisneyDudet
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Since this goes with Vacation Planning, I would think this will be moved.

But, anywho...

May I ask why you are wanting to visit the Crossroads? Are you wanting to eat or get some grocery items? The only reason we go to the Crossroads is to eat. Goodings is the grocery store there, and it is very high priced. For those items, we go to the Wal Mart just about 5 minutes down the road! Much cheaper, and it is a nice WalMart.

How are you getting to your hotel? Magical Express? The best bet for getting to the Crossroads or other places, is to get a cab. If there is just food items you want, you can look into Garden Grocer, as they just send it to your room.

If you are going by towncar, find out if you can have a grocery stop from the airport.

All this depends on why you are wanting to visit the Crossroads. It is a VERY long walk, and you are on a busy street, plus have to cross and even busier street.

MMouse6937
01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
We have been to Crossroads numerous times with and without a car. You can take the bus to DTD and walk from there. It's certainly possible and with all the walking you do in Disney, it's not really that big of a deal. Just cross at one of the DTD lights. You can cross no problem once you get out to the main road. The other option is to take the bus that takes you to the hotels on Lake Buena Vista Drive. You might have to check if those are useable by all Disney guests. They pick up at DTD and go to all of the hotels on that street. We stayed at the Best Western and that's the closest one to the street. If you get off there, you have a short walk on the sidewalk to the main street and then across. Of course, you can take a taxi too. We like the fact that there is fast food, red lobster, TGIFridays, and Goodings there. If you are watching a budget it's a good option. Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions. Take care.

DisneyTeen
01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
There is also a Buffalo wild wings. Which could be the greatest place ever. We don't have them here in MA, but we went to watch a Pats game down there on a Sunday, it was crazy. I thought it was better than ESPN zone. The beer specials are unreal and the wings are so good, I think we went there 3 times while we were there.