PDA

View Full Version : weight watchers at the world

busterthebronco
01-13-2008, 02:30 PM
my wife and her friend are going down to wdw in a few weeks.
they started weight watchers after the holidays and have found sources for point values at restaraunts and fast food places.
is there a source for disney world food?
(like how many points is the kitchen sink, etc;))

ElenitaB
01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately, no such animal exists. Points values can be calculated for certain packaged items (like Mickey bars) that come with nutritional values. For counter service and table service meals, it would be helpful for them to check out menus ahead of time (you can find them here on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp)) so they have an idea of what is offered.

Speedy1998
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
MY DW is a Weight Watchers lifetime member. She usually does not worry about points for our annual trip. A) She figures she is on vacations and should enjoy herself. B) She figures all the walking makes up for the extra calories that she eats. Personnally, I usually end up losing wieght while at the world even though I eat more than I usually do.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I did WW last year and lost 58 lbs....on vacation, I tend to let myself get off the plan for a few days if I follow a few rules, those being choose your meal and don't obsess about it but don't go overboard with appetizers, snacks and desserts. Choose water or diet beverages and most of all have a good time....also, another option our leader suggests for vacation is doing the Core Plan...you don't have to count points, just be aware of things you cannot eat (bread and sugar) and you can switch back to the flex plan after your vacation.

biodtl
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I tend to not count points at WDW, but if you want to, you can manage by keeping your food guide handy and ordering pretty basic, non-processed foods. Also - don't forget to give yourself credit for the exercise. You can earn 2 points (I think) for an hour of "leisure walking"

SignguyTom
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Counting points at WDW is tricky, but I'd suggest for them to give it a try. The reason is that I had lost 50 lbs in the months leading up to our 2006 trip. While on vacation, I gave myself a pat on the back and allowed myself to enjoy the food. I gained a couple of pounds - no big deal. The real problem came when I got back home. After 10 days of 'freedom', I never really got back into to WW thing. Though I haven't put all of the weight back on, I fell short of my goal and have found myself struggling to get back in the groove ever since. I believe if I had been "good" during that trip, it would have been much easier to continue with it when we returned.

playdead88
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
they should be able to stick close to weight watchers - most every TS and CS restaurant has a healthy option - plus weight watchers makes it easy for people to stick to the points plan in a lot of situations other than the kitchen sink situation if i had to assign a point value i would say 500-800 points? whatcha think? maybe if you bank points, fast for 2 days and make that your only meal in a 24 hour period it could work! how funny would that be to see the kitchen sink in the ww points value book?! :funny: tell them to have a good time and its disney maybe if you sprinkle a little pixie dust over the ice cream the calories will vanish!

vamaggie
01-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I started WW in Sept and went to WDW in Nov. I really didn't count points being on vacation and all. I pretty much ate what I wanted but only drank water (and my morning decaf coffee). I sampled lots of stuff and admit to having dessert most every night. What I found helpful to keep me somewhat on track was to plan to go weigh in back at home the day after we got back. That forced me to not stay "off the wagon" and helped me get back into the program. I only gained 1 pound while at WDW. Tell them to go and enjoy and then get right back on the horse when they return!

Here we go again...
01-15-2008, 04:48 AM
I managed to lose a pound in July and mantain in October.
I did not count points, but I have a good idea of what I can and can not eat now.

I ate seafood where I could. Chicken or steak with veggies and salads. (I LOVE the salad at Columbia Harbour House)
I avoided burgers and potatoes and as much as I hate to say it, I had no Mickey bars or Dole Whips. CS was the hardest part. I wish they would come up with a few heathier choices.

BTW, I was not walking for the last 2 trips. I was in and EVC so I could not count any activity points.

dizneegirl71
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM
I had been a WW member for 8 months when we went to WDW in 2006. I did not count points while we were there, however I made an effort to make good food choices each day. I did allow myself one treat each day (my favorite is the Nestle tollhouse ice cream sandwich), but I shared it with DH and also had a water with it. We were not on the dining plan, so I think that helped me control the amount of food that I ate and also allowed me to order from the childrens menu (smaller portions!) I also recommend getting a WW pedometer! I wore it everyday and was amazed at how much walking we really did do. We walked between 6-10 miles each day which earned between 5-7 activity points. (EPCOT was 10.5 miles-7 activity points!)
Have a great trip and just make sensible choices while at WDW:mickey:

IloveDisney71
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I started W.W. in October and then went to WDW in December. I decided not to count points during my trip. I didn't go crazy eating all kinds of fattening stuff, but I didn't derprive myself either. I was able to eat at all my favorite restaurants and eat my favorite foods but I practiced portion control.
The good news is that during my five day trip I didn't gain a single pound! When I got home I got right back on my W.W. plan.
You can make healthy food choices when you are there and/or just don't eat huge portions.

celebrationasheley
01-16-2008, 02:05 AM
:thumbsup: I would say: Salad dressings on the side. If they have sauces on the meat or it is breaded. Say sauce on the side and grilled. Ice cream keep to one scoop. Any treats just share them. Even entrees. Skip the grilled onions and mushrooms and ask for raw or uncooked. Skip the tollhouse cookie and cinnamon bun.

Yes have a day to yourself. Not a whole week. Or if you resort has one, take advantage of their fitness equipment.

Good luck and stay positive. If you just started the program you don't want to break the cycle.