PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need last minute-ADR Anniversary Suggestions!

RoosMomKanga
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Just found out I'm going to WDW for a few days this Feb. and I need some ADR's quickly. My DH is attending a confence in Orlando and suggested I go with him early and spend a few days at WDW to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. We haven't been in a long time and have only been once without our 3 kids and I'm not up to speed on the best romantic spots. I'm also guessing that all the "usual" places/times (ie. California Grill for fireworks, Rose & Crowne for IllumiNations) are long gone (I'm guessing the CM would laugh at these requests now)? Any suggestions for places/times that might still be left at this point? We'll be arriving on Sat.-9th and will do PI that night. Sun & Mon 10-11 we have Park Hoppers so we're looking for something in/close to the parks (don't really want to leave the parks since we only have a few days), and Tues. 12th we'll use PH in morning, but I depart that afternoon. So I'm looking for 3 nice meals (no characters involved please), 1-outside of Parks, and 2 inside/very close to parks. This is driving me crazy:plot:: because I'm the one who plans everything so far ahead...:blush:but whose complaining:joy: ...I'm going to :mickey:Thanks for any advice!

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't think for a second that there is no hope for Illuminations at Rose and Crown or Wishes at Cali Grill. I booked our celebratory dinner at Cali Grill one week before we left and got a table just before wishes started. I would suggest calling RIGHT NOW and asking. It won't hurt. If those aren't available, try Narcoossies at GF.

Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!:party:

DreamFinder2
01-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree w/ the previous post. I just called and modified an ADR for Cali Grill in March and had no problems finding a new time...at the perfect time, even.

So, give 'em a call! :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
If you're not able to get into the CA Grill during Wishes (fireworks) you may be able to get an earlier seating. The CA Grill will allow you to return to observe Wishes from the observation deck if you have eaten there that evening. Another option that I haven't tried but is popular on the boards is Narcoose's in the Grand Floridian. You can watch Wishes there as well.

Other romantic signature dining experiences would include Jiko (at Animal Kingdom Lodge) or Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge.) It may be a little too late to get a reservation at LeCellier for dinner, but you may be able to get one for lunch. That may be a good place to eat while you're in Epcot.

Tinkerbellfan
01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Hello,

I would also like to suggest Jikos at AKL, Artist Point at WL and Narcosee at GF. Jikos and Artist Point are a bit out of the way and therefore you may have a better chance getting a last minute reservation at both of these restaurants. We also very much enjoy Flying Fish.

At all 4 of these restaurants, we had excellent service and wonderful food. But, I feel Artist Point and Jikos were a bit more romantic. We noticed at both restaurants they tended to seat adult only parties in one section of the restaurants and parties with children in another section. And, both restaurants are at resorts that are well worth checking out while you are there.

Have a wonderful time!

SBETigg
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I completely agree with the other posters. Try California Grill anyway. It may not be too late. Narcoossee's is a good choice, as well as Citricos and Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. Jiko would allow you a chance to poke around at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, always fun and nice atmosphere. Artist Point, also great for couples.

If you're looking for a slightly less expensive option, Grand Floridian Cafe is lovely, and the restaurants of World Showcase. Marrakesh is often available on short notice.

RoosMomKanga
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the input...I've got my list ready and am calling first thing tomorrow. I looked up Wishes:fworks: (to plan Cal. Grill time) and can't find it on the Intercot schedule for Feb. 9th...is it possible it's not on that Sat. night? :confused: I Googled it and found another site lists it at 6:45pm. I remember when I made my res. they mentioned the pirate/princess party starts at 7pm that night...would they not have Wishes then? If it is on, how much earlier than the start time do you usually book? Thanks!

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the input...I've got my list ready and am calling first thing tomorrow. I looked up Wishes:fworks: (to plan Cal. Grill time) and can't find it on the Intercot schedule for Feb. 9th...is it possible it's not on that Sat. night? :confused: I Googled it and found another site lists it at 6:45pm. I remember when I made my res. they mentioned the pirate/princess party starts at 7pm that night...would they not have Wishes then? If it is on, how much earlier than the start time do you usually book? Thanks!

They don't show Wishes on a P&PP night. Sorry. But they do show the
Magic, Music and Mayhem
A fireworks display orchestrated to an original musical score, will fill the sky above Magic Kingdom.
9:45PM

Just book your dinner around those fireworks.

lockedoutlogic
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I would go to Jiko first (if V&A's is out of the price range)...and artists point second.....

yachtsmans has a calm atmosphere as well....

The fascination with fireworks and anniversaries always escapes me....what exactly is romantic about pyrotechnics with evil queen and jiminy cricket voice overs?

seriously?

Even if you have to have the fourth of july....epcot would be a much better choice

how about Bistro de Paris?

anneb
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Bistro de Paris would be a great choice - it's quiet and elegant (usually no kids), with very good food and some great tables for two by the windows overlooking World Showcase. They don't take reservations more than 30 days in advance, and I've never seen the restaurant full, so I have no doubt you could get in at a good time. It's always one of my top choices for dinner at WDW.