PDA

View Full Version : Hoop dee doo revue

kristom
01-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Never been to the Hoop dee doo revue. We have two kids age 15 & 19. Has anyone brought kids that age and is it "too childish" for them or would they enjoy it?

NJ Camper
01-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't think its to childish there is alot adult there it is a old fashion type comedy show with very good food they literally bring you a bucket of chicken, ribs,corn on the cob etc. very good show and food:number1:

grumpypima
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
We are a "tough crowd"; me, DH, DS-16, & DS-4. I love my DS-16, but he is a typical teenager. Our entire family had the time of our life at the Hoop-de-doo. We all laughed...alot.
Now, I don't want to set the "bar too high", but it was good clean family fun.

We have two kids age 15 & 19.

Yours might be a tough crowd, as well?? :blush:

Food was good, beer was cold, and the entertainment made us laugh together. What more can a girl ask for???

brogan54
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
we went this past sept and truly enjoyed it food and entertainment was great:mickey:

kristom
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Yours might be a tough crowd, as well??

Yes, they can be a tough crowd as teenagers can sometimes be, but maybe we'll give it a shot. After all, its' Disney :)

Disneymom4ever
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
We did the HDD for the 1st time when my DS's were 8 and 11, so a bit younger. But it ended up being my 11yr olds favorite thing at DW. The boys were so funny, they laughed so hard my 11 yr. old was crying. He's now 14, and we will be there for his 15th b-day. The only MUST do on his day is the HDD. So that tells you something. I would definitely book as soon as you can though, as if fills up fast. As others have posted, it's good, clean fun, and enjoyable for the entire family! (Not to mention the food is really good! :thumbsup:)

wendy*darling
01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I just took a group of Boy Scouts there this past June. I had 19 boys aged 13-18- talk about a tough crowd, and peer pressure to be "cool"! ;)

They LOVED it!:D
They had the BEST time. They really liked the food, had fun with the servers and enjoyed the musical participation ending.

It was the 3rd time my owns sons had been. They went at 3 & 6, at 13 & 16 and at 17 & 20. They would go again in an instant.

Hull-onian
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I am taking teenage GD and 11 year old GS for the first time to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. From what I know about the show, I think they are going to love it. We are going on first night there, can't wait.

Gottaluvgoof
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Can anyone tell me how much time to allow for the show and dinner? Thinking of going there after a day at Animal Kingdom. They close early in September, so could get there reasonably early. Just wondering how much time to figure in for it. Thank you :mickey:

wendy*darling
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Can anyone tell me how much time to allow for the show and dinner? Thinking of going there after a day at Animal Kingdom. They close early in September, so could get there reasonably early. Just wondering how much time to figure in for it. Thank you :mickey:
Hoop Dee Doo is just about 2 hours. On most nights, it runs at 5:00, 7:15 and 9:30pm.
There is a VERY quick turn-around between shows. There is no hanging around and slowly leaving. Once the show is done- everyone gets up and out and the room is readied for the next show.

You will want to arrive about 30 minutes before your dinner/show time to pick up your tickets and check in.

AHOTE
01-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I've taken as many as 20 high schoolers, ages 14 to 18 to the Revue and they had a blast especially since 10 of them were seated at large round table in the center of the room where the food serving starts. Some of them were chosen to participate in the show. The food was great, the show was great. Go have a good time.

NJ Camper
01-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Just talked to 2 other people last night about this one is in his mid 20's the other in his early 30's both can't wait to go back that is one of there favorites in disney:number1:

kristom
01-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to book it for our trip in August. Sounds like we'll all have fun! :mickey:

Gottaluvgoof
01-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you Wendy! :thumbsup:

hoop de do
01-18-2008, 08:57 AM
You will have a great time. As you can tell by my site name we loved it and it is everything my fellow INTERCOTEES before me have said. Have a great time and let us know.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
HDD was awesome. Food was great, entertainment was great.

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
HDD was awesome. Food was great, entertainment was great.