PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Eyeglasses on rides

Hull-onian
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
When you do RRC or Tof T or any of the water parks, do you need croakies for your eye glasses? :waycool: I have shyed away from some of things because of eye glasses. Any suggestions?:confused:

Polynesian Dweller
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
My DW wears glasses and has been on all of the attractions and she has never had a single worry about them. She justs wears the glasses like they come from the shop. Wouldn't worry about it. :mickey:

Hull-onian
01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks, still thinking about getting croakies though. But I feel better now.:coaster:

Peterpanflight
01-12-2008, 08:17 PM
i have contacts but have worn my glasses numerous times there and never had a problem...even on tower of terror and rockin roller coaster

kakn7294
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
DH and I both wear glasses and never have had any trouble.

amorillo
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I've been on every ride with my glasses and never had a problem either! :cool:

disneydeb
01-12-2008, 10:48 PM
No problems with glasses on rides at theme park. They did come off though when I went down a water slide at Typhoon Lagoon, the CM stationed at the bottom retrieved the glasses for several people there. That must have been his assignment for the day.

brogan54
01-12-2008, 11:26 PM
definitely you will want the croakies if you go on crush n gusher other than that it was fine for me :cool:

razor5002000
01-13-2008, 12:31 AM
I wear glasses and never had a problem on any rides. I don't wear my glasses in the water I see well enough with out the to so. But if you must where them in the water I would have a croakie or something to help hold them on.

jszczur5
01-13-2008, 12:35 AM
I always wear my glasses on attractions.
At Crush'nGusher at TL, they told me that I would have to remove my prescription sunglasses, but when I showed them that they were attached to a sports string, they said "No problem, go ahead".
I learned the sports string trick our first year at TL, when a wave in the wave pool knocked my $300 RX sunglasses right off of my face. Luckily, hubby found them, as I, of course, could not see without them. No scratches either, thank goodness.

dteed
01-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Never take them off and never a problem.

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I have lost my glasses twice in all of my disney trips. Once on a water slide at River Country (R.I.P. old pal) and once at Typhoon Lagoon in the wave pool. I have never lost my glasses on a ride in the parks. Other than that, I have never had any problems.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Last week was the first time I wore my glasses to the parks. I have one good eye and one bad and usually left them in the hotel room. I held my glasses on all the rides and it got to be a pain. I kept telling myself they would be fine seeing other people wear them but I wasn't sure.

I will say that I was glad I had my glasses for the 3D movies. Before, since one eye was so bad, the 3D images didn't work right.

pixiesmimi
01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I have worn my glasses on all the rides except last time, I took them off and held them for Space Mountain. I had more trouble holding on to them than I would have if I had worn them I think, and was afraid I would lose them. I wear the sports string for my sunglasses, just in case, and probably will for my glasses on these kinds of ride from now on, just to make sure.

LudwigVonDrake
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I never take my glasses off and have never had a problem :mickey:

I wear disposable contact lenses at the water parks and haven't had a problem there either :mickey:

EmporerStitch
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
i wear my glasses but just before i leave for Disney i get them adjusted and tightened just to be safe but never had a problem:thumbsup:

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 08:57 AM
My DS (9) wears prescription eyeglasses--that cost us close to $300 to purchase. On our last trip I sat with him on RnRC. I told him to take his glasses off. He said, "But I always wear them on this ride." Apparently, he usually sits with Dad too because I would have told him to take them off. But anyway...DS says to me, "Besides, you told me that you bought the replacement warranty!" I said, "Yeah, but we have to actually bring in the PIECES of the glasses to get them replaced. It doesn't cover lost glasses.";) So all that conversation was taking place in the short seconds that you have between sitting down and being locked in the harness before take off. DS ended up leaving glasses on. He was able to clearly see the ride, and they were still on his face when we got off of the ride. I still think $300 glasses was a lot to gamble with, but it appears that they will stay on during the ride!:mickey:

Hull-onian
01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks folks for the encouragement:high5:. I will conquer Everest then. Razor, an Intercot :welcome: to you.