PDA

View Full Version : convenience foods at AKL?

chip2
01-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I was just reading the thread about Garden Grocer and it lead me to wonder what kind of "grocery" type foods are offered at Animal Kingdon Lodge. We will be arriving with our kids 2 and 5 for the first time in 2 weeks and outside of the restaurants, don't know what to expect.

Jillirose
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
We haven't been to AK, but at the other resorts, but at the moderates, we had food courts. At the Beach Club there is a nice convenience store where we bought cereal, milk, 7-11 type items. They also had a coffee bar and gelato bar!:thumbsup:

NLODisney
01-13-2008, 09:26 AM
When we were there in late Oct. I did notice that they had added alot more food in a corner of the gift shop both refrigerated and frozen and also non pershiable items. I assume they have done this because of having added on the vacation club rooms on the 5th and 6th floors which have kitchens. It was similar to what I have seen at WL and BC.

KatGat
01-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Do any of these resort shops have cold luncheon type meat and bread?

mickey&missy
01-13-2008, 10:15 AM
In my experience The Mara was great! They had a lot to offer for breakfast. They also had bags of goldfish, cookies etc that were great for us to buy and take to the park for the little ones, DD was 4 and DS was 2 when we stayed at AKL. I'm not sure if they have anything in the way of bread, gallons of milk etc. My kids loved eating there because they had TVs on the walls and showed old Disney cartoons. It's also very big, lots of seats.

Like I said, The Mara is great. We stayed at WL last trip. Overall we like WL better, it was more our style. But, The Mara was a lot better then Roaring Forks.

NJ Camper
01-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I sure it is out of your way but the trading post in fort wilderness has milk, bacon ,beer,etc. but you will pay a bit more than if you go to publics or winn dixie which aren't far from the fort at least

92- port
93- poly
99-fort
00-fort
01-fort
02-fort
03-fort
04-fort
05-fort
06-fort
07-fort

hopefully oct. 08 you guessed it the fort

Momof2boys
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
When we stayed at AKL in October we did order from Garden Grocer - however we were surprised at the amount of items for sale at the resort. I know there was bread & pretty sure lunch meat was also available. There was also milk, donuts, and plenty of snack foods like chips & candy.