PDA

View Full Version : Signature Restaurants

JavaDuck
01-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi All!

I'm new to the boards. I'm amazed at all of the great information I have found for a trip this August. My partner and I will be on the dining plan. Since we arrive late the first day, we our planning on using a CS credit or buying our own meal. As a result we are planning on to eat at one of the signature restaurants one night. My question is which ones would you recommend?

Thanks!

Steve :donald:
(one of the world's biggest Donald Duck fans)

sillyolbear
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
My wife and I enjoy the Signature Dining spots and have had wonderful experience at most.

Our favorites:
Citricos--beautiful dining room and top notch food. Crab appetizer one of our musts.

California Grill--tremendous view, outstanding wine selection and consistently good food.

Artist Point--Pacific Northwest influenced menu and always had great service.

Flying Fish--incredible seafood and service.

Hope you have a great trip!

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 04:55 PM
My husband and I loved Narcoossee's. He had the Grilled Filet Mignon and Butter-Poached Lobster Tail, I just had the grilled filet. I also had the crab cakes as an appetizer :tasty: We had a wonderful table overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon and the service was spectacular.

Lessie
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
We love all of the signature restaurants! But I would have to say our favorites are Narcoossee's and Jiko. I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience no matter which you pick! :mickey:

SBETigg
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
They're all pretty good, so examine the menus and see what appeals to you most. I love California Grill and Narcoossee's (haven't tried the others recently), but of the two I prefer California Grill for the breathtaking views.

dmosher
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Artist Point. Though all of the SD experiences are wonderful, there is something about the atmosphere and service of Artist Point that makes for a wonderfully romantic night out.
Also, the food is amazing! The best food I have had in any SD experience so far. I recommend going as late as you can, the personal attention when the restaurant is less busy is even better!
:pipes:
D

jszczur5
01-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Not a signature restaurant - but the Hoop-dee-doo Review will cost you 2 TS credits, and is absolutely worth it. You not only get a meal which is better than average, you also get to laugh so hard that you burn off most of the calories.

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Another vote for California Grill. The filet was so tender, it melted in our mouths. The view is spectacular. We had our appetizers and a beverage, they held our dinner so we could go out on the look out pad and watch Wishes, and then they brought our dinner after wishes. It was wonderful. The service was phenominal!!

JavaDuck
01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies. It's going to be a tough choice. I'm having a hard time even narrowing down the other restaurants for our other TS credits.

Mickey 101
01-13-2008, 01:04 AM
We love Jiko and California Grill. Of the two, Cali Grill is my favorite. The atmosphere, view, food, service and wine were all perfect!

Natazu
01-13-2008, 02:45 AM
I've been to a couple of the signature restaurants and have to say my favorite remains California Grill for steak or sushi and Flying Fish Cafe for seafood.

BethieTink
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I would vote for either Aritst Point or the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Both were the best meals of my last two trips. Jiko's was also quite excellent. I was very unimpressed with California Grill, just didn't seem as special as everyone made it out to be. My friend and I were both disappointed and don't plan to return for a long time.