PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studios: What will close during a Thunderstorm?

jenfriend
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Thunderstorms are expected on the day we have planned for HS. What will close? If I remember, most rides are inside. Will the Lights! StuntShow cancel or be delayed? How about the backlot tour?

disneydeb
01-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Usually nothing closes during thunderstorms except for the pools and water parks. Just put on your raincoat and go!:thumbsup: Maybe it willl cut down on the crowds.:D

disneymom15
01-12-2008, 11:32 AM
If I remember correctly, Indiana Jones does a shortened version when it rains.

pook@wdw
01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
The only closing we've experienced @ HS during the rain/storms was the Indiana Jones attraction. (not really closed, just interupted). I personally don't mind the rain. Just don those ponchos and enjoy the smaller crowds!:thumbsup:

chrisb26
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
The only thing I remember from what ive seen while ive been there is once they canceled Fantasmic because of lightning. I would imagine the same would be true of any of the outdoor shows since the way the seats are made can't operate with lighting since if it strikes you could get hit. So I'm guessing if there is lighting in the area Lights, Motors, Action!, Indiana Jones, and Fantasmic would be closed. Although even when there is rain and T-Storms expected they usually don't last all that long.

Have a great trip!

Dorito2000
01-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Epic will do altered shows. Depending on the severity of the rain and depending on if there is lightning in the area.

High School Musical 2 will not perform in rain

Jedi Training Academy will not perform in rain

Fantasmic! will not go only if there is lightning in the area.

Mulch, Sweat n' Shears will not perform in rain.

LMA depends on the severity of the rain, and will cancel if lightning is in the area.

The parade will cancel depending on the severity of the rain at the parade start time and if there is lightning in the area.