PDA

View Full Version : Use year of rental

AKL Mom
01-12-2008, 12:26 AM
We are looking into renting a unit for November 30th thru December 7th. Can a person who has a rental available with a UY of December rent this to us since it starts November 30th? As you can see I am not familiar with the UY status at all. Thanks for any information.

AKL Mom
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Also how difficult is it to get a 2 bedroom at AKL during December?

vizsla
01-12-2008, 07:42 AM
It really doen't matter when the Use Year is, it would be if the renter has the points available either by their Use Year point allotment or borrowing points. As far as a 2 bdr. at AKV I don't have an answer. The individual you would be renting from would check for availablility. I would like to mention that the time frame you are interested in is a very popular time for DVC Members to visit WDW. If you really would like to visit at that time, I would recommend not to let to much time go by with making your plans.

DVC Mike
01-12-2008, 10:43 AM
We are looking into renting a unit for November 30th thru December 7th. Can a person who has a rental available with a UY of December rent this to us since it starts November 30th? As you can see I am not familiar with the UY status at all.

As stated above, Use Year has nothing to do with when a DVC member can travel or even make a reservation. They can always reserve 11 months ahead of travel for their home resort. The reservation date determines which Use Year the points are deducted from.

Also how difficult is it to get a 2 bedroom at AKL during December?

If you're talking December 2008, we are already at the 11-month window so you need to get started ASAP.

Finally, please be sure and educate yourself on how a DVC reservation is very different from a regular hotel reservation, and the basics of “renting points”, as it is often referred to.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549)

AKL Mom
01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks so much for the information. I guess I will have to get started. The cancellation is a big thing just in case something would happen and we couldn't go.