PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds this week?

LCPZA
01-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I was wondering how are the crowds?
What are they like now and what about this past week? I am trying to get an idea for next weekend. ( I know it will be crowded Friday-MLK MOnday) I am just hoping for the week after it is empty!!

stephntampa
01-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Me and my 3yo DS were there at MK today and the crowds were very manageable. We walked right on Buzz, IASW, POTC..20 minute wait each for Dumbo and Pooh.. we obviously didn't hit any of the coasters, but did notice that the stand by time for SM was 30 minutes. It was evident a lot of people were there because of the marathon this weekend. Have a great time!

jaredkari
01-12-2008, 09:45 AM
My wife and I were there from this past Monday through Thursday. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but, I thought the crowds were pretty bad. There were some attractions that were easy to get on but there were many that I had never seen such lines for ( and we have been there during free dining and the summer months) HM was the longest I had ever seen it (I know it was just redone so that might be why) Jungle Cruise was over an hour and we spent 20 minutes just in the FP line. We even got a dream FP one day and ended up not using all of the FPs because the FP lines were almost as bad as stand by. EPCOT and AK seemed to be a little lighter and it was easy to get on attractions. But MK and Hollywood Studios were packed

Meteora
01-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Seems like an awful lot of people for the second week in January. Do you think it's because of the marathon? Or is something else going on?

mel
01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I kinda of wonder if it isnt because schools were still on winter break. Many of the colleges dont start back until monday the 14th..

briguy
01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I am at mgm...er...hollywood right now. Tot posted 30 min wait, however I just walked right in with no wait. About to buckle up...wish me luck;-)

stephntampa
01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
LPCZA, there is a website that has a "crowd calendar" and gives predictions on how crowd levels will be on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being lowest to ten being highest). It also tells you which park(s) to visit and/or avoid on each day. The calendar you are allowed to view will give you one months worth of predictions. If you want more than a month, you must join as a member. I live in Tampa and use the calendar often, my experience is that the predictions are usually on the mark. Google "best day to visit Walt Disney", scroll down to the 5th entry.