PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, what are you reading these days??

threeh
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I have a slight obsession with vampires these days so that's what I've been reading. It started with Stephanie Meyers in the summer and has been going since then. I did the Southern vampire books then the Queen Betsy books and I just got the first few Anita Blake series in the mail. I'm also hoping to read the new book by Steve Martin (born standing up, I think) What's on your reading list this winter???

drummerboy
01-11-2008, 12:00 PM
A friend just dropped off the book "The Nine" for me to read. It's an inside story of the current Supreme Court. I'm in the middle of reading Stephen Colbert's humor book "I am America (and so can you)."

offwego
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Kathy Reich's Bones books are in my pile..but I did just finish a Jennifer Cruise novel (with Bob Mayer) that was a fun read.

I've missed this sort of thread thanks for starting it!

vicster
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks!

SBETigg
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I read Twilight and really liked it, but don't plan to go on with the series. I've been invited to do a story in a vampire anthology in the UK based on the success of my paranormal novel there, so I wanted to brush up on some vampire fiction. I've never written vampires, should be interesting. Can you recommend any other vampire fiction, Tracy?

I'm stuck in a book rut right now as far as reading. I pick up a book, can't get into it, and end up putting it down. Would love new recommendations on anything! Is Colbert as funny on the page as he is on his show?

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
01-11-2008, 12:43 PM
I am reading "Realityland". I am learning a lot on the building of WDW.

Davyjones
01-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm working my way through "The Empty Ocean" by Richard Ellis. It's about the current state of overfishing in the world today and all the problems that come from it.

Next up? "Steve and Me" by Terri Irwin. I'm a big Croc Hunter fan, so I am excited about reading this! :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
01-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I just finished "Long Way Down" the motorcycle journey chronicled by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman (follow up to "Long Way Round") -- I am about to start "Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself" by Alan Alda. I loved his first book, and am really looking forward to this one! I am also reading Tony Attwood's "Asperger's Syndrome" in preparation for a course I am taking next week. Earlier this week, I ordered a book called the "Fourth Estate" by K. Robert Campbell. I really enjoyed the first in the Cameron Scott series. Hopefully it will arrive just as I finish Alan Alda's book!

Sorry -- no can do Vampires. I gag at the thought of them ...

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:21 PM
In the Presence of Our Lord: The History, Theology, and Psychology of Eucharistic Devotion by Father Benedict J. Groeschel and James Monti.

dmosher
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I am reading a few titles now:
First Blood (not because of the new Rambo movie!) By David Morrell

Dark Tower series by Steven King

and lastly
Edible Plants of New Zealand
-
Just for emergency purposes.
:pipes:
D

DisneyDog
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I just started "People of the book" the brand new novel by Geraldine Brooks (author of March and Year of Wonders). I just read the first chapter last night and I am already hooked!

PirateLover
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I have a slight obsession with vampires these days so that's what I've been reading. It started with Stephanie Meyers in the summer
When I was subbing in the beginning of the year a lot of my students, especially young girls, really talked up the Twilight series. I haven't checked it out yet though.

I'm in the middle of reading Stephen Colbert's humor book "I am America (and so can you)."
Hilarious stuff. I picked that one up shortly after it came up. Love Colbert.

Right now I have just started reading I Am Legend, which is completely different than the movie "based" on it. My boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas.

RedheadWriter
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
IN the middle of Victoria Dahl's "To Tempt a Scotsman" and re-reading Stephen King's "Eyes of the Dragon"

DizNee143
01-11-2008, 03:12 PM
just finish Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich about 2-3 weeks ago and then i think it was called Misltoe and Molly by ? i forgot ?..and now reading Manhunt by Jennifer Cruise..

Nate's Grandpa
01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a slight obsession with vampires these days so that's what I've been reading.

You might want to try the original vampire book by Bram Stoker - Dracula.

I am reading a few titles now:
First Blood (not because of the new Rambo movie!) By David Morrell

Dark Tower series by Steven King

I read First Blood before the movie came out. I thought the book was much better than the movie.

Dark Tower series I finished as soon as the last book came out. A very enjoyable series that I plan to read again soon.

I just finished the last of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind - Confessor. I was very disappointed with this book.

I am going to purchase Emergence Labeled Autistic by Temple Grandin, Ph. D.
It's a first hand look into the autistic mind.

When it becomes available, I will purchase the latest Ice and Fire novel by George R. R. Martin.

drummerboy
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Is Colbert as funny on the page as he is on his show?
Same tongue-in-cheek style. You even get some of the 'looks' with the pictures of him spread throughout.

Mickey'sGirl
01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Do you guys know who Rick Mercer is? He is a kind of Canadian equivalent of Colbert -- and he released a book in 2007 that I've been meaning to read as well. I love to laugh when I'm reading!

I love Temple Grandin, James! She has been such a fabulous ambassador for Aspergians, and all Autistic people. I hope you enjoy her book! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Kathy Reich's Bones books are in my pile..but I did just finish a Jennifer Cruise novel (with Bob Mayer) that was a fun read.
I had the pleasure of reading Kathy Reich's first book while it was still in galleys during a brief stint I put in as a temp at Simon & Schuster. I've loved her ever since.

Right now I'm reading It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh (from TLC's Clean Sweep). I have a slight (:rotfl:) clutter issue and I truly believe this book is going to help me get to the root of the problem and clean this place up for good!

Disney Doll
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
How Soccer Explains the World by Franklin Foer

mouseaddict
01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Do you guys know who Rick Mercer is? He is a kind of Canadian equivalent of Colbert -- and he released a book in 2007 that I've been meaning to read as well. I love to laugh when I'm reading!:

I love Rick Mercer. I used to love Friday nights as it was Air Farce (my all-time fave show) followed by This Hour...
I will have to look for that one. I have a stack of books to start this year. Life of Pi and Atonement are on top..just have to find time.

browneyedgirl12
01-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Im reading Farewell to Manzanar by Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston. Its an autobiography about her growing up after Pearl Harbor in an internment camp. She is of Japanese origin and married a caucasian thats why her name sounds a little strange.Its a really good book and I only have 7 pages left.

conorsmom2000
01-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Earlier this week, I ordered a book called the "Fourth Estate" by K. Robert Campbell. I really enjoyed the first in the Cameron Scott series.

Funny you mention "Fourth Estate"! I was just about to order that one myself - I too loved the first one and can't wait to read this one! :thumbsup:

Sadly, though, I've just had no time to read lately - Mike bought me "Schulz and Peanuts - A Biography" for Christmas but I've been putting off reading it. I've always been a Peanuts fan/collector and a lot of Charles Schulz's family and friends dispute what this author has written so I haven't been in a rush to pick it up.

But, I really need to spend some time in a book store and make some time to read! I'm hoping this thread gives me some good ideas!

DisneyFreak23
01-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I am currently reading the classic Robinson Cruesoe. I am having trouble getting into it. HAs anyone read this book? Does it get better?
Im at the part where he is just beginning his daily journal after being shipwrecked. Is it really that good??

pink
01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Reality land sounds interesting, I might have to check that out. Thanks for sharing!

Right now I just finished "The Perks of being a Wallflower." I've heard people rave about it for years and never got a chance to read it. It was a fantastic book and I was so good I finished within a few hours.

At this moment I'm reading a book called "Blink." I've heard good things about it as well but I'm just starting to get into it so we will see. :mickey:

mjaclyn
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I recently read 'Water for Elephants' which I absolutely LOVED.

I also read 'Fast Food Nation' before it became a movie and I really liked that as well. It was very interesting.

tinksmom02
01-11-2008, 10:38 PM
I finished Still Summer by Jacqueline Mitchard a week or so ago. It was really, really good. One of those books that sticks with you long after you've finished it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but it was really very good.

I only have a little downtime right now, because I started my first grad school course this week! But I'm reading Spinning Disney's World, by Charles ? Ridgeway? Pretty good.

PirateLover
01-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Mike bought me "Schulz and Peanuts - A Biography" for Christmas but I've been putting off reading it. I've always been a Peanuts fan/collector and a lot of Charles Schulz's family and friends dispute what this author has written so I haven't been in a rush to pick it up.

My mom is also a huge Peanuts fan. We were practically raised on Charlie Brown and Snoopy so I know all about this book. I haven't actually read it yet, but I will say that of course his family and friends will dispute some of it- It does paint him as a depressive personality who was never truly happy in life. Did you watch the PBS documentary a few months ago? It was pretty much the same info that was in the book. It's a "warts and all" bio of a man that was beloved by many. I don't think it taints his legacy as much as it humanizes him... but still, many of us don't like to read or hear ill about our heroes (myself included) so I can understand why you'd want to stay away from it.

mrsgaribaldi
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Patricia Cornwall-- The Book of the Dead:mickey:

missbunny
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
I just started the third book in the Guenevere novels "The Child of the Holy Grail" by Rosalind Miles. I am a huge fan of Bertrice Small too. I also have the first book of the Tristan and Isolde trilogy by Rosamind Miles. As you can tell I love historical novels.

I have the "I am Legend" book, but I have to be in the mood for science fiction. I love Frank Herbert's Dune novels, anyone else read them as well? I have the Steve Colbert book and its very good. I love his show.
I haven't read any of Nicholas Sparks books, are they good?

I do not read books, I devour them. I get lost in a really good story and will read it almost straight through. I also love reading the book before seeing most movies though "Lord of the Rings" has a tough series to get through. The first time I read it was in high school and well, it just wasn't that interesting at the time. Its funny how your tastes can change.

I recommend for young girls, the "Anne of Green Gables" series and the rest of L.M. Mountgomery's books I sill have my hardcover books. I didn't have daughters so I am saving them for my granddaughters.

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm really behind in my pleasure reading because I have to read so much as a homeschooling parent.

I have finally begun "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. I am also reading "I Am America (And So Can You!)" by the future Vice President of the United States and "The Great Tradition: Classic Readings on What It Means to Be an Educated Human Being" by Richard Gamble for my online homeschool reading group.

In the queue is "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Seabold (can't wait to see what my favorite director does with it.)

Karen

DisneyDudet
01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I have a bunch in my pile, so there's something for every mood I'm in!

First, I have The Last Summer (Of You and Me) by Ann Brashares. She is the one who wrote the Traveling Pants series. I loved them (yes, I'm 24). This is the first novel for adults. It is pretty good!

I also have The Gospel According to Disney. I have been working on it for a few years now, but I always find something else to read too! It is very interesting.

I also have Giving by Bill Clinton. Its interesting how to give in all sorts of ways. I saw it on Oprah a while back.

Also, I've stared In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I have some family in Kansas, and they knew the family that was killed. My mother said it reads like a VERY good novel, instead of a non-fiction book.

So yeah, I have a lot to read!

kakn7294
01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Anything I can get my hands on! I love to read - murder mysteries with a dash of romance are my fave - love Nora Roberts / JD Robb. I read a novel in a few days so I frequently run out of stuff to read.

dolphinmickey9170
01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Currently -- Blue Smoke by Nora Roberts (for the third time) I just love this book.

Also -- Unofficail WDW guide, kind of boring though.

Also -- Some different clips of a bunch of stuff for my World Lit class

And finally -- My Anatomy and Physiology book.

rcaide
01-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I just finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It was a fiction book that took on the heavy topic of a school shooting. I liked the book but it was very depressing. I just started The Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank. I am hoping it is a little lighter reading. I read anything I can get my hands on. My husband says if nothing else is available I will read shampoo bottles and cereal boxes. I must have input!

tinksmom02
01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I just finished Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It was a fiction book that took on the heavy topic of a school shooting. I liked the book but it was very depressing.

I really, really liked this book, even though I picked it up from the library just one day before the college shootings in VA. That made it a little tough to read. I've read a lot of stuff by jodi picoult, and her books are often very heavy. She creates these scenarios that could really happen to anyone...the ethical problems aren't right and wrong, but wrong and perhaps less wrong LOL

My sister's keeper was really, really good, as well. Another one of those books that you keep thinking about, long after you've finished it.

I do enjoy nice, light reading every now and again, too. You'll Never Nanny in This Town Again: The True Adventures of a Hollywood Nanny, by Suzanne Hansen was fun.

And I read everything that James Patterson and Stephen King write (not that they write nice, light novels LOL).

conorsmom2000
01-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Patricia Cornwall-- The Book of the Dead:mickey:

That's how out if it I am! I didn't even know she had a new one out! :blush:

How is this one? I haven't been overly thrilled with her last few - not that they weren't good, but just not as good as the earlier ones.

threeh
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Can you recommend any other vampire fiction, Tracy?

I really liked the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. She has lots of paranormal stuff, shapeshifters, weres and fairies. I know it may sound hoakie to some but she pulls it together nicely. I also enjoyed the Twilight series, the 3rd book was really good, . I have a page from amazon I'll PM you it's lots of suggestions for vampire books. ENjoy!!!:thedolls:

mrsgaribaldi
01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
That's how out if it I am! I didn't even know she had a new one out! :blush:

How is this one? I haven't been overly thrilled with her last few - not that they weren't good, but just not as good as the earlier ones.

I know just what you mean!!! The first few were so graphic and I loved them. I thought they were very exciting too. Her new ones I didn't like either. Those first few books I would read straight through, they were real page turners. This once came out 2007.

In the queue is "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Seabold (can't wait to see what my favorite director does with it.)

Karen

I love that book:thumbsup: There is one page that makes me cry every time.:blush: I have tried to read the page out loud to my DH and I always burst into tears, but it's so good too.

SgtTigger
01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Eye of the Storm.... About the city of New Orleans Goverment after Katrina....

Tells how bad they messed up after the strom...

I fell a lot better about how we handled things down here.....

not sure whats next........

:cop: :tigger:

threeh
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
My sister's keeper was really, really good, as well. Another one of those books that you keep thinking about, long after you've finished it.

That was a good book, I think I finished it in like 2 days I culd not put it down. 19 minutes same thing, I just read straight thru. Very good stories!!!

Also Alice Sebold wrot a book called Lucky that was very very good. Tough topic like her other books but a good read.

Happy reading to all!!!!:thumbsup:

Miss Mouse
01-13-2008, 05:39 PM

This is a FANTASTIC book! Definitely tough to read at times, but the story is unbelievable. I guarantee that you will like it!

I've been trying to get my hands on her newest book, "The Almost Moon," but it's apparently in high demand at my local library. I'll let you all know once I read it.

Lately I've been re-reading a bunch of my favorites, like "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin (a nice, chick-lit read) and "Good Grief" by Lolly Winston. Both relatively easy reads. Also in the chick-lit genre, Jennifer Weiner's books are excellent, especially "Good in Bed." Her newest one is being released in April and I can not wait.

I'm a HUGE fan of John Grisham and have read the majority of his books probably ten times each. "The Broker" is especially good. I'd definitely recommend anything he's written. I also love Joy Fielding.

Next up on my list is "Switching Time" which is a true story written by a psychiatrist about a patient of his who lived with 17 personalities. It sounds really interesting.

Can you tell I'm an avid reader? :blush:

kakn7294
01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
I read Sherri's (SBETigg) book - To Hell With Love - you all ought to read that. I really liked it. Can't wait for the rest of them Sherri!

SBETigg
01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I read Sherri's (SBETigg) book - To Hell With Love - you all ought to read that. I really liked it. Can't wait for the rest of them Sherri!

Thanks, Kathy. :blush: The next one's out in October and I have the vampire story coming out in a hardcover anthology in the UK in July.

Emily Giffin and I share an agent, actually. It's because of Emily's Something Borrowed and the similarity in our writing style that I contacted her agent and she signed on to represent me. Emily's really sweet and funny, just as you would expect from reading her books. She has a new one coming out soon, too, Love the One You're With. Looking forward to that!

ChipnDaleGal
01-14-2008, 05:40 AM
I never seem to have the time to read, even though I love reading. But I am actually reading P.S. I Love you right now. I loved the movie so much that I wanted to read the story that inspired it. So far, I am really enjoying it.

NJBelle
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been reading Great Expectations By C. Dickons, Macbeth, Hidden Mickeys :mickey:, and Dragons In Our Midst: Circles of Seven (reading aloud to my sisters). All very good.

threeh
01-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Cool!! I just ordered it thru amazon. Here's to some great reading!!:marg:

. Also in the chick-lit genre, Jennifer Weiner's books are excellent, especially "Good in Bed." Her newest one is being released in April and I can not wait.

Also just pre ordered, I didn't realize she was doing a sequel to good in bed. Amazon also prompted me to a new book by Sophie Kinzilla who wrote the
shop aholic series (very good series, good ol chic lit!!) Hurrah!!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM

Oh, Kathy, thank you for reminding me. I put this book in my cart on Amazon and completely forgot all about it.....I just set it for purchase!! Looking forward to reading it Sherri!

SBETigg
01-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Thank you, Kristen and Tracy. :)

Carol
01-15-2008, 07:17 AM
I am just about done with Patricia Cornwell's - Book of the Dead. I am also reading the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke.

I have Double Cross by James Patterson in my 'to read next' pile.

IloveJack
01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I am halfway through the Daughters of Lancaster County trilogy by Wanda E. Brunstetter. One of my students stuck it in my hand last week and said, "You have to read this... now!" So I'm reading between (or instead of) grading papers. :blush: The trilogy is set in Amish country, so I'm also reviewing my German at the same time! :) I'm enjoying it very much, so I'll probably borrow the sequel trilogy Brides of Lancaster County from her next.

Aggie97
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Also, I've stared In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I have some family in Kansas, and they knew the family that was killed. My mother said it reads like a VERY good novel, instead of a non-fiction book.

"In Cold Blood" is a really good book.

I just finished "Sin in the Second City: Madams, Ministers, Playboys and the Battle for America's Soul" by Karen Abbott (pretty good, but "Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America" by Erik Larson was much better); "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy (beautifully written and worth slogging through the complicated Russian names); and "Case Histories" by Kate Atkinson (just an excellent and surprising detective story!!!).

I just started "The Full Cupboard of Life" by Alexander McCall Smith (#5 in his No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series - I highly recommend this series - really enjoyable, light and interesting!) and "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" by Kate Atkinson.

Melanie
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I haven't read any of Nicholas Sparks books, are they good?

I really enjoy his books. I just read "Dear John" about a month ago, and sobbed through a good portion of it. It's a subject matter dear to my heart though.

I am also reading the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke.

I love those movies. Are the books better?

When things settle down around here, I'm going to start "Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends" by Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Hefron, and then the Dick Winters biography.:thumbsup:

Carol
01-16-2008, 07:11 AM
I love those movies. Are the books better?
Yes - but the story is told quite differently. I wish I had read the books first. I am on Love's Long Journey. Two of the books haven't been made into movies yet. I will definitely read them before watching.

I simply love the character of Clark Davis. :)

conorsmom2000
01-16-2008, 07:34 AM
My mom is also a huge Peanuts fan. We were practically raised on Charlie Brown and Snoopy so I know all about this book. I haven't actually read it yet, but I will say that of course his family and friends will dispute some of it- It does paint him as a depressive personality who was never truly happy in life. Did you watch the PBS documentary a few months ago? It was pretty much the same info that was in the book. It's a "warts and all" bio of a man that was beloved by many. I don't think it taints his legacy as much as it humanizes him... but still, many of us don't like to read or hear ill about our heroes (myself included) so I can understand why you'd want to stay away from it.

I never did catch the PBS documentary, though I meant to. I do know that he was depressed, as that's been talked about, but from what I've read, this book makes it worse than what it truly was. I will get to it at some point, though! :blush:

My brother just gave me another book that I'm a little nervous to pick up - it's called Sick Girl, by Amy Silverstein. Amy had a heart transplant at 25 and has lived 19 years with her new heart - one of the longest (if not the longest) survivors of a transplant there is. My Mom received a heart transplant in 1990 (the 11th person in NJ to have one, and the 4th done that week in November alone). She survived almost 12 years with her new heart until she was diagnosed with lung cancer in May, 2002 and passed away 2 months later.

Amy's story is not one of being grateful - it is about the pain and depression of living every day as a sick person and chronicles the fear, anger and basically just what she's been through with her care. Although I know first hand what my Mom went through, it was always from my perspective, which was "thank God she's still with us". This will probably be a very emotional read!

Mickey'sGirl
01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
My brother just gave me another book that I'm a little nervous to pick up - it's called Sick Girl, by Amy Silverstein. Amy had a heart transplant at 25 and has lived 19 years with her new heart - one of the longest (if not the longest) survivors of a transplant there is.
I may have to give this a read. My sister's husband had a heart transplant 7 years ago at age 32. He became sick and was transplanted within 2 months....It's funny that she is recalling her life as one of sickness ... my BinL has considered himself healthy since the day he became a recipient. Perspective is interesting. I might not share it with my sister, however. :D

conorsmom2000
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
I may have to give this a read. My sister's husband had a heart transplant 7 years ago at age 32. He became sick and was transplanted within 2 months....It's funny that she is recalling her life as one of sickness ... my BinL has considered himself healthy since the day he became a recipient. Perspective is interesting. I might not share it with my sister, however. :D

Sorry, I know this is a little off topic, but...

Wow, Jenn, I don't know if I knew that your BIL also had a heart transplant! But, that is why I'm curious to read the book. I know for my Mom (and again, this was 1990 when this was new to most of us), at first she was scared to do anything. But, then she got over that and made the most of her life. At the time, they would only "guarantee" her 5 years with the new heart - after that, it was anyone's guess. And while it was not fun to live with a comprimised immune system, or take massive amounts of pills every day, she did so gratefully - and she dreaded the yearly full physical, that included a cardiac catherization, but she had it done. She was 57 when she had the transplant and afterwards went back to work, traveled to England, Ireland, Disney with her grandchildren :mickey:, road triped out to Colorado with my Dad - and, most of all, was here for my wedding and the births of 6 of her 7 grandchildren (including Conor) - those were the milestones she lived for. So, it's hard to understand someone who, as the back cover says "delivers a searing insight into the pain and depression that accompany the struggle to stay alive". I guess I'm nervous to pick it up as it might make me think there was a lot my Mom didn't share with us.... :confused:

IloveDisney71
01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
...I haven't read any of Nicholas Sparks books, are they good? ...
I've read almost all of Nicholas Sparks' books. I just love his sense of romance but I often have to have a tissue handy because he can write some tear-jerkers!
I haven't read his latest, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback. I read way too many books to pay the hardcover prices.

IloveDisney71
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Anything I can get my hands on! I love to read - murder mysteries with a dash of romance are my fave - love Nora Roberts / JD Robb. I read a novel in a few days so I frequently run out of stuff to read.
Since you like murder mysteries with a dash of romance you might enjoy James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series. There are 6 (I think). I loved all of them. They are hard for me to put down. They've even made a new tv series out of the series but I didn't really get into it.

I've read a lot of James Patterson's books (except for his Alex Cross series). Once I've seen a movie, I don't usually read the book and vice versa. I just finished one of his books this morning. It was named Honeymoon. It was pretty good.