PDA

View Full Version : I think I need help...

Dsnygirl
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM
:mickey: Okay, so our next trip to the world isn't for 327 days (not that anyone's counting... ;)) and maybe it's just b/c we just got through Christmas season and that's the season we're going... but I can't stop thinking about the trip and wanting to plan and trying to plan (not too easy w/o park schedules!! But hey... it's early yet... :D) and writing down ideas of what I'd like to bring (and make to bring) to decorate our room... it's a sickness!! (But of no surprise to me or anyone who knows me... I'm a planner and enjoy every minute and moment of it...)

Anyway - anyone else out there have a trip that is AGES away, and yet they're acting like it's next month??? :blush:

Ariel_Fan
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh, I am so with you on this topic. I drive everyone in my family absolutely nuts trying to plan it all out way before everything is known (dates are known of course). We are going the week before Labor Day this year and I've already started planning where I want to eat when, etc and calendar isn't released! I do tend to plan, rethink, plan again, etc. Its just my favorite thing to do. :cloud9:

tinklover
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I am with you on the many days away yet acting like it is next month lol. I am 143 days away, no one has purchased their packages yet as we are waiting on them to get their tax returns. I have our whole itinerary planned, customized maps here already, and we are packed lol. my DBF thinks I am nuts and i had to explain it like this. If you knew you were going to the super bowl and you KNEW your Colts wer ein it and you KNEW you were going to have fun and meet Peyton how you you react ? He said ohhhhhhhhhh I so totally get it now carry on. My inlaws have wanted to do this trip for a while as it is a graduation gift for their youngest and they knew how much of a disney freak I am and left it all up to me as they ahve never been. DO i feel as though i have gone overbaord with the planning? not one bit I am totally enjoying this.

threeh
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
I love the planning as well. To help pass time, I do a pre plan, just think where to go each day, then when the hours come out I tweak it and then at thw 180 day mark make all the adr's and then I change them again usually:secret:
At least this is the place to hang out, we all feel your pain. I've always started planning at a year out, do a countodown on my computer, etc and it will go fast!! In the blink of an eye (or a swish of the fairy godmothers wand) you'll be in WDW. Our trip is finally about 20 days away and I've been counting down for 6 months. Just keep on planning and listen to lots of disney music, I find that helps too!!!

Happy Planning:mickey:

Donald's Girl
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
I think this is my true addiction! I honestly start planning our next trip on the plane home (really!). Initially it's what month (always May, October or December) and which hotel.
Even though we don't have this year's firmed up yet, it will be in December and at the Poly. Every night we look at menus, attractions, etc. and start making our wish list.

For organization it's great to use the WDW site My Disney Vacation feature. I have offers saved, and Favorites lists. You can save up to 5 of each. This can be really helpful, especially if you are planning a trip for others. We have a "must do" list, "missed last time" list, "can miss". You could arrange lists according to your own wants as well as what you think you need to include for others.

Have fun!!! There's nothing like planning for Disney!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I think its about 343 days till our trip Dec. 20-30 and I started planning about 6 months ago..., I already know what park we are going to on what day, the resort, every TS meal and CS meal...my friends and family think I am nuts, I just can't help myself....My sister used to do our planning and she isn't going this time, I used to accuse her of overplanning......:blush:

kakn7294
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
ME!!! I've already started a schedule - without the benefit of park hours - and sent it off to Kristen (dolphinmickey9170) so we can plan together. I'm sure it's going to change but I can't help it - I just want to plan so badly! And I don't really have much to plan as we're just winging it this trip - only 3 (maybe 4) ADR's and making time to hang with Kristen's family.

Disney Doll
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Me too! My Oct. trip can't get here fast enough. In the meantime I'm preplanning and hanging out on Intercot.

mickey&missy
01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
LOL! Don't you just love it!?

I think its partially that the holiday season just ended and there isn't so much to think about. My next trip, thank god, is soon (57 days!) I've gone into overdrive since New Years! Ordering new clothes for me, jibitz for my crocs, matching Hawaiian shirts and a dress for the kids for Spirit of Aloha. My Disney Draw in my dresser has overflown and I now have piles on top of the dresser of stuff to take. I finished making DD's Mickey jeans and sneakers and bought supplies for DS's jeans and DD's Birthday shirt (I'll post pictures when I get everything finished, shouldn't be long now ;) ) I made DD a journal for the trip and a coloring book for both. I've changed hotels, right after christmas we got a letter that the pool at Poly is going to be closed during our visit so we moved to GF!!! I changed a few dining ressie because of the hotel change. I'm going to call when DH isn't around to book a Keys to the Kingdom tour as a suprise for his birthday. I could go on...

If only I didn't want to wait until Strmchsr posts a weather report for the dates of our trip to pack!

On top of everything I've been pre-planning our next trip after this on! Either March 09 or January 09. Most likely January. I have to stop myself from going to far because I confuse myself!

Planning the trip is so much fun! But, the wait is a killer! I truely feel sometimes that it just isn't fair! But, then I think about how much fun we'll have once it's finally here!