PDA

View Full Version : Ideas? Swan teacher rate up to $199

deva
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
I booked at the Swan for a trip in October with the teacher rate; it is now $199. That's a lot higher than I've seen on the boards & other places.

Does anyone have any advice or input on how to get this rate down? Do you know if it fluctuates? I plan to call maybe weekly & check online from time to time to see if it changes. Are there any other discounts for the Swan? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

disneyjo-91
01-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Please tell me about the teacher rate in general? .. Does it apply only to the swan and dolphin? I have never heard of a teacher rate before....

Jillirose
01-11-2008, 10:34 AM
And, tell us why you like the Swan. We stayed at BC for the first time last year, and love the area. We meant to walk down and check out Swan and Dolphin, but didn't the chance.

Taja
01-11-2008, 10:39 AM
All of the resort rates are higher this year with smaller discounts, for the most part.

I don't think the S&D teacher or other special rates will be as low as we have seen them in the past.

There also are discounts for AAA, AARP and a couple of other organizations, but usually they are not as good as the teacher discounts.

Taja
01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Please tell me about the teacher rate in general? .. Does it apply only to the swan and dolphin? I have never heard of a teacher rate before....

S& D isn't owned by Disney, so they have there own discount plans. They offer discounts for several groups, such as AAA, AARP and a couple of others I don't recall at the moment. The teacher rate usually is the best rate. You do need to have current proof of employment as a teacher when you check in if using the teacher discount, or your membership card for one of the organizations for the other discounts.

Meteora
01-11-2008, 10:52 AM
And, tell us why you like the Swan. We stayed at BC for the first time last year, and love the area. We meant to walk down and check out Swan and Dolphin, but didn't the chance.

We stayed at the Swan a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. The staff was helpful, the rooms were elegant, clean, and nicely kept up with excellent little in-room perks: Starbucks coffee, bath & body works bath products, an excellent little hairdryer, an iron and ironing board. The pool isn't Stormalong Bay, but it's pretty big and fun. Like the BC/YC, it has great proximity to Epcot and is also convenient to MGM. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jillirose
01-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Meteora, thanks for the pointers, we will consider it. Unfortunately, we are not yet planning our next vacation.:(

Tink1
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
October is a HUGE convention month for the Swan and Dolphin. I am sure they have very few nights that they "need" to fill rooms. As such, they do not need to discount those rooms as deep.

Nanc

c&d
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
October is a HUGE convention month for the Swan and Dolphin.

Nanc
DH's user's conference is held at the Swan & Dophin in October, over 2000 people attend.

MOJoe
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
We love the Swan & Dolphin. Stayed at both. Last June the teacher rate was $169. But for our April 08 trip, it went up to $225. Ouch!
Prices change from month to month, and the teacher rate is not always available. This is a great resort, and we love staying there, but due to the price increase we are going to try ASMu.

adoptionislove
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
If you are Costco members, try them! Maybe it will be better than the NEW teacher rate!

DizneyRox
01-11-2008, 01:52 PM
$199 for a deluxe on that area is a steal!

luvkatiebug
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm paying $179 (about 200 a night with taxes, fees etc...) for the last week of May with the teacher discount. We have never stayed there, but we are trying it for the proximity to some of the parks. I was going b't it and a moderate, and the rates were about the same for that time. :mickey:

Auntie
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure, but I've noticed when checking for the government discount that they weekends are usually higher than week day rates. This could be adding to your expense.:mickey: