PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain

Gottaluvgoof
01-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I love the ride, but I DO NOT like being soaked. I just can't stand walking around like a wet rag all day. I think Splash has so much to offer, but so many people don't want to get wet. I have to suffer and take the drenching, because I love the ride, but I know several people who absolutely will not ride because of the soaking. What do you prefer? Would you rather get soaked or just a little bit wet? Actually, the last time I was there, I wore a poncho on the ride because people were coming off totally drenched.

IloveDisney71
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I LOVE SM but I don't like to get soaked! I usually wear a poncho even though my 2 DD's laugh at me. I will ride it without a poncho if it's my last ride for the day and I'm headed right back to the resort so I can change clothes. Wet clothes aren't fun for me! :)

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I love the ride just hate the drenching. Just like Kali River it always seems my youngest DD and myself get soaked no matter where we sit. My DH always comes off with a drop or 2 of water never drenched.

MushuMulan
01-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Well it all depends for me, if it's below 60 outside I'd rather not get wet, but if it's the average Florida heat then I'd gladly get drenched, alhthough it does get a bit uncomfortable walking around the park like that.

LCPZA
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
I hate getting soaked. HOwever on a Hot and Humid day its well worth it!!

#1donaldfan
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Either way is fine with me as long as I'm at Disney !!!!!:thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Well, there is no way that I would avoid this ride. But walking around in wet jeansi s not my idea of a great time (especially in the summer when you have to go into air conditioned rides afterwards). I prefer to make my boyfriend and brother sit up front and take the big splash, unless we are heading back to the resort! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Don't like getting drenched so try to avoid Splash Mountain if it looks like a day when most people are walking off wet. Never have done Kali (and probably never will) because people look just too soaked all the time.

jszczur5
01-10-2008, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Gottaluvgoof;1513879]I love the ride, but I DO NOT like being soaked. I just can't stand walking around like a wet rag all day.QUOTE]

Can you say chafing from wet jean shorts and blisters from soaked shoes. Not fun!
It was only last year that we got drenched. Previous years we had to ride it four or more times in a row to get even moderately wet. Last year we were totally soaked from a single ride and never really fit it into our schedule to ride again, for fear of another drenching. Too bad, because this is one of our favourite rides. The kids have already made me promise that we'll **** it up and ride a few times this year regardless of how wet we get.

applecore72
01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Have we been on the same ride? ;)

I haven't been soaked once on Splash Mountain and I really prefer getting soaked (looove Kali River Rapids). I always bring extra set of clothes or take it as an excuse to buy me a new Disney outfit :mickey:

Where should I sit to get soaked? Or have they changed the ride since I last visited MK in october 2006?

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
That's the primary point of the attraction. It's splash mountain not trickle mountain. Just like Kali River Rapids you get wet.

Disnamic Duo
01-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Have we been on the same ride? ;)

I haven't been soaked once on Splash Mountain...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I love Splash Mtn, and I love that you get wet, but it's just a little wet. Now on Kali you can get SOAKED.

Fantasmic
01-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Up until my last trip we never got wet on Splash, but in september, my OH got soaked everytime we rode it (i hid behind him)

McGoofy
01-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I love Splash Mtn, and I love that you get wet, but it's just a little wet. Now on Kali you can get SOAKED.

It's all in the timing. It's not really the going down the big hill that gets you drenched. There is one spot that if you get stuck in, you WILL get soaked. This spot is shortly after you take off and begin to round the corner for your journey. If the boats in front of you are stopped, and you happen to be the boat stopped right beside where a boat is currently going down the big hill (that's to your right side), you will get sprayed by this jet that is triggered off by the boat going down the hill. That's the drenching that I don't like. Your hair is completely drenched, your clothes and shoes are soaked, and I am always ducking to protect cell phone and digital camera. Not to mention, wet denim shorts are horrible on the thighs!! Anyway, if you are lucky enough to miss that one spot, you might only get a little wet from the big downhill splash. Now that is nice in warm weather, but I avoid SM in the cold weather due to the fact that I could get soaked.

DNS
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I absolutely went with few drops. I don't mind so much getting wet, it's the walking around after that bothers me enough to keep me off of Kali River Rapids. Especially if my shoes get wet inside. Major blisters!

dteed
01-11-2008, 02:10 PM
the wetter the better.

gwfx1031
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
LOve the ride, hate the drench.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I hate getting drenched..I always ask if I can sit in the back, so far it has always been granted. Worst I got was some water on my face :)

That being said, Splash Mountain in Disneyland Anaheim was extreme! I sat in the back but came out absolutely soaked on 3 seperate occasions..as did my grandma who I assured first time that she wouldn't get very wet...she was mad :D

Jobasha3000
01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I dont feel proud saying that I avoided going on SM on the last few trips because I really really dont like the last drop. I did everest 4 times tough, so maybe I was just being a loser.

KevGuy
01-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Yea I got pretty wet from the jet on that corner last year when the boat comes down the hill to the right and sets it off on Spash, I went to eat after that in an AC resturant and was freezing lol. On kali last year I was fearing the worst and even wore sandals because I just knew I would get drenched. i mean people are coming off that looking like they went swimming in the rapids lol. But some lady to my right on the ride was liek don't worry it will be me, it is always me. I was like ooook. But sure enough we came down the hill and I thought it was gonna be me as the boat turned and I was at the bottom, but it turned enough that sure as heck that lady was completely drenched, and only my right arm got soaked lol. I told her as we were getting off hey you were right lol, she just glared at me.:D

texasteacher
01-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I get wet every time I ride it, so I ride it only when the weather is warm.

poohbearlover15
01-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Splash mountain is one of my favorite rides! I dont mind at all of getting wet. I really dont think you get that wet anyway. Especially if its over 75 dgrees the water willl feel good and you will dry fast if the suns out!

GrmGrninGost
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
What's the fun without the water? As long as it's not really cold, bring it on! :mickey:

crltkcagle
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
getting drenched is part of the fun!

:coaster:

lightyearfan
01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
i absolutely love getting soaked , me and dw are usually at the world in June, at it can be down right hot, so what a better way to get cooled off. it's so hot that walking around in that heat for about 15 minutes will get you dried in a hurry.

Victor

pook@wdw
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't care as long as I get to ride!!!:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
01-12-2008, 08:20 PM
On Splash Mountain or Kali Rapid River I didn't get soaked on either one. I did get wet, but not drenched.:umbrella:

DigitalDaredevil
01-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I prefer to stay dry. Although the water cannon that goes off as a boat comes down the falls has had it's aim right on me lately.
I love this ride. It is one of the more fun and well done rides in the park.

Gottaluvgoof
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
That's the primary point of the attraction. It's splash mountain not trickle mountain. Just like Kali River Rapids you get wet.

Splash being the key word. I don't mind being splashed with water, but last time we were there, it was more like a tidal wave.

linedropper
01-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I rode it like 3 times in a row last time I was there and barely got wet, But I was in the front seats. Rode it during a halloween party and there was no one there. Kind of bummed it will be closed when I get there friday! But there is always plenty to do!

Steve

Donald A
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
It's all in the timing. It's not really the going down the big hill that gets you drenched. There is one spot that if you get stuck in, you WILL get soaked. This spot is shortly after you take off and begin to round the corner for your journey. If the boats in front of you are stopped, and you happen to be the boat stopped right beside where a boat is currently going down the big hill (that's to your right side), you will get sprayed by this jet that is triggered off by the boat going down the hill. That's the drenching that I don't like.

That is how I feel. The hill itself is not bad, it is that water cannon! :swim:

RAIDER
01-14-2008, 09:15 AM
oooh theres nothing like getting a good drenching especially when its really hot :thumbsup::thedolls:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Splash being the key word. I don't mind being splashed with water, but last time we were there, it was more like a tidal wave

Tidal Wave Mountain!! :rotfl: I´m sorry, I just had to laugh :blush:

Disneymom4ever
01-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't mind getting wet, if it's not freezing outside (which in Florida, isn't too often). I have to say, our last trip was in August, and my DS's and I were begging to get wet, it was so hot. But even if it is cold out, I just have to ride it every trip. It's such a great ride! (That's when I hide behind the kids and duck!). :mickey:

Duchess99
01-14-2008, 12:34 PM
This is one of my favorite rides, but I hate getting wet. It's really luck with SM because I've found that the majority of the times that you get soaked are when other "logs" are going down the big drip and you are right in the way of the splash. There have been times I've rode and walked off dry and there are times I've been soaked. I much prefer the former ;)

Belle619
01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
It's all in the timing. It's not really the going down the big hill that gets you drenched. There is one spot that if you get stuck in, you WILL get soaked. This spot is shortly after you take off and begin to round the corner for your journey. If the boats in front of you are stopped, and you happen to be the boat stopped right beside where a boat is currently going down the big hill (that's to your right side), you will get sprayed by this jet that is triggered off by the boat going down the hill.

Yes, that is exactly where we were the last time we were completely, undeniably, soaked on Splash! It was during a P & P party last spring and because it was late and cool out, we had ponchos on - but the drenching was so bad it didn't even matter - we looked like we took a shower with our clothes on. We were wet the rest of the night!

JPL
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
It depends on the weather. If it's freezing I don't want to get drenched however in the hot Florida Sun bring it on :thumbsup:

kbean
01-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I go to MK alot and SLM is my fav. ride, butI can honestly say I never have gotten drenched. I few drops but nothing to what most are making it out to seem.

DrWorm2008
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
I never want to be DRENCHED on a ride. I'll go to a water park for that. When my socks and underwear get wet, it's pretty uncomfortable for most of the day, especially when it's cooler outside, which is when I usually visit. :mickey:

dumbo ears
01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
well i love to get drenched on a hot day but I prefer just a little wet when its colder and at night.

McGoofy
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
I go to MK alot and SLM is my fav. ride, butI can honestly say I never have gotten drenched. I few drops but nothing to what most are making it out to seem.

That means your log has never "parked" by the cannon!! If it happens to you, you will most definitely know what we are talking about. I have walked away completely dry when we haven't been soaked by the cannon, but when that cannon hits, you get completely drenched! There is no exaggeration or "making it out to seem" about that. The cannon can be random as to what log gets in the line of fire, so that's why some people think we are nuts saying that we got drenched on SM. So...it's just a chance you take when you ride it, you may or may not get soaked.