PDA

View Full Version : Military discount from SOG overflow?

Crow
01-10-2008, 09:01 PM
going end of Feb & the Fri & Sat i need are sold out at Shades but they do offer an overflow rate at Disney resorts if available...anyone ever gotten them & what kind of rates were they?

mudpuppysmom
01-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Sometimes the rates are nice, but what I have found more often than not is that they are pretty much whatever public discount is out there for that time period......nothing like they were during the SOG refrub and you could stay at the Contemp for the same rate as SOG (which is what I heard......not totally sure that is for real or not). Keep searching or hope for a pin code email or mailer which seems to be going around right now.

Marilyn Michetti
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
When SOG us full, they will offer an overflow accomodation, (providing the other resorts arent' full). It's usually a deluxe at reduced price, but won't be as low $$ as SOG.

When they were renovating, they accomodated us at the Contemporary, and another time, they offered the Poly at $179, but we wait listed,and got in at SOG.:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
.....nothing like they were during the SOG refrub and you could stay at the Contemp for the same rate as SOG (which is what I heard......not totally sure that is for real or not).

That was for sure very real! I stayed at the Contemporary, N. Garden Wing in March/April 2003 for $89/night! Can't beat that.

Crow: Just call SOG and ask what the rates are. We used overflow rates at the POR in October 2003 for a last minute trip when Shades was booked. We got the room 40% off rack rate.

Crow
01-11-2008, 10:48 PM
my military friend is checking it out hopefully....we will see the results

kakn7294
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM
nothing like they were during the SOG refrub and you could stay at the Contemp for the same rate as SOG (which is what I heard......not totally sure that is for real or not).Yeah, it was for real. I still haven't forgiven my sister for that one and I'll never let her plan my trip again. We stayed at ASMu at a military discounted rate of around $60 per night instead of at the Contemporary for SOG prices - around $75 - $90 per night at the time based on my BIL's ranking. I haven't checked it out lately because we aren't in the service and my BIL is not traveling with us, but in Dec '06 they were still honoring some overflow rates. Call or e-mail SOG and ask - they are great about getting back to you via e-mail if you go that route. Good luck!

Crow
01-13-2008, 07:18 PM
heard back about the 1st night, & they had a room evidently but he asked for 2 nights so he has to call them about the 2nd night
not bad though for $111 so will see what happens for the 2nd night