PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Barber Shop

MickeyChick
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I want to have my son's first haircut at the Barber Shop on Main Street USA. Can I make an appointment? How do I track down a phone number?

spoonfulosugar
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
The shop runs on a first come, first serve basis-no appointments. They open up at 9am, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you go first thing in the morning.

animalkingdomguy
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
My son got his first haircut the the shop. I can't emphatically agree enough with the previous poster, go early. The wait time can stretch on for hours. :tiphat:

Jobasha3000
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM
does anyone know if they do more than a shave and a haircut, i.e. dyeing or such? If so is it more than two bits?

Belle_0717
01-10-2008, 04:57 PM
My nephew had his first there in October. We arrived on a Sunday and got to the MK around 2 pm. There was about a 45 minute wait which I didn't think was bad at all. We also had a nice family let us go ahead of them - their sons were pre-teens. My dad - the grandpa - went into the Emporium and got them each a $20 gift card for letting him go. It's a great experience!

Septbride2002
01-10-2008, 05:18 PM
does anyone know if they do more than a shave and a haircut, i.e. dyeing or such? If so is it more than two bits?

From what I can tell there is no dyeing or highligting available - however they can spray your hair with colored hair spray and put sparkles in it.

To the OP - go at opening or during the parade. Tell Miss Penny we said Hi!

~Amanda

McGoofy
01-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Tell Miss Penny we said Hi!

~Amanda

She's so sweet. She has cut my DH's hair a lot while Mike has cut my DS's hair a lot. They are all a lot of fun.

No, you cannot make appointments and they do not do anything like a waiting list or "take a number," so if you leave and come back, you are at the end of the line again. It is a small area and can get pretty crowded, but it is a fun Disney experience. My DS always loves to get the colored Mickey painted on the back of his head and colored Mickey sprinkles on top. $17 for adults, $14.00 for kids, not a bad deal and worth the wait!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm almost positive that they do not do dyeing etc. It's a fun experience and they give you mouse ears and a certificate and a lock of the hair for the first haircut.

Hayden's Dad
01-11-2008, 10:19 AM
This is a great experience. We have had Hayden's hair cut there twice now, his first and third. :D Head straight there when the rope drops and wait outside the door if it isn't open yet it will be in just a few minutes. When we went it was $14.00 and for the first haircut they get special mouse ears, pixie dust, certificate, and they will collect hair for you baby book for you as well. Have fun take lots of pictures!!!!

BelleCiavo
01-12-2008, 01:30 AM
My son had his first haircut there too, we loved the experience. I have pictures here:
http://web.mac.com/rivendellpress/iWeb/Disney%20Trip%20Reports/Ethan1stHaircut.html

ldc12377
01-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Another little bit of info... You don't have to get your hair cut!!
We took two trips to WDW this year. On the first trip, my older kids (DS8 & DD6) went to Bibbidi to get their hair done. And yes, they do boy's hair there. Their hair was very cute and got them noticed a lot of places. My daughter had blue hair for a couple days. We really like BBB but it is pretty pricy and can be hard on the budget. My youngest (DS2) got his first hair cut at Main Street. That is when we first saw that they did the colored gel thing.
On our second trip, the kids just wanted to get their hair done but I didn't want to pay for BBB again. They had hair cuts not long before we went on our trip so I was sure how that would work. When we got to Main Street, They said that they could just put all the stuff in the kid's hair. It was so cute!! They even put the Mickey shape on the back of the boys' heads, just like BBB. The best part...It only cost $7.00 each!!!
A stop at the Main Street Barber Shop has now become a tradition for us and we plan on going every time we are at WDW, which we hope is often.

teambricker04
01-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Ummm... This was the ONLY haircut my DS who is just about 3 has EVER sat still through. I am tempted to take him again when we go this summer. It was a great expereince... I wish every haircut went this smoothly :mickey:

MickeyChick
01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm so psyched for this for my little guy, I just don't want to have to stand around waiting forever... how awful is that?

"Hey sweetie, welcome to the most magical place on Earth, full of all your favorite characters, rides, and shows....now lets stand around here for an hour so we can get your hair cut!"

Ugh. I guess we're going to make a beeline for the door as soon as we get there...

Mickey'sApprentice
01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I had let my hair grow out for a couple of months in anticipation of going there on our trip. :D We made it there on our last morning in the MK last week. We made a beeline for the shop after rope drop. Miss Penney cut my hair while Mike cut DWs. We had a great conversation with both of them. I just wish they could have done a straight razor shave for me. That seems to be an almost dead tradition of old time barber shops. Anyway, it was great and we had a swell time.

BelleCiavo
01-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm so psyched for this for my little guy, I just don't want to have to stand around waiting forever... how awful is that?

"Hey sweetie, welcome to the most magical place on Earth, full of all your favorite characters, rides, and shows....now lets stand around here for an hour so we can get your hair cut!"

Ugh. I guess we're going to make a beeline for the door as soon as we get there...

My dh stood in line while I took the other kids for some character interaction, there are usually a lot of characters out first thing.

Karen

McGoofy
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
My dh stood in line while I took the other kids for some character interaction, there are usually a lot of characters out first thing.

Karen

Same thing here. I made profitable use of the waiting time as well. While DH and DS were waiting, I walked to Space Mountain and got fastpasses for the 3 of us to ride it later. By time I did that, took some photos along the way, and browsed through the Emporium, they were just about finished with the cuts. The wait usually isn't too bad.