PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill - worth it for lunch?

Charlee
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I've already booked my ADR's and want to add an extra TS meal at Epcot. We've already got ADR's for Le Cellier and Coral Reef but I want something for a lunch time.
I'm going for the Garden Grill at the moment as even though we're all adults,we all like our character experiences :mickey: but I never seem to read much about the restruant and want to know what the food and character interaction is like.
Thanks!

Hayden's Dad
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
We ate there in November and I would highly recommend it. The food was good, the service excellent, the characters were wonderful, plus the whole reseraunt rotates which is just cool. Have fun and enjoy it. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
We love love love the garden grill. Yummy bread with sweet flavored butter, flank steak, awesome potatoes, little veggies, peppered catfish. Yum Yum. We've been there for lunch twice, and can't wait to go back. The character interaction feels a little more personal too! The tables rotate so if you have an outside booth, you don't necessarily see your neighbor, we had that kind of table twice, so when the characters come, you feel like you have them all to yourself! Once it was my sons BD, and we didn't even ask and Mickey came out with a CAKE and held it while we sang to him. Can't beat that. Don't think twice about it, Go!

DawsonAR
01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Garden Grill is always a must do for us. We feel the Character interaction is better there than at any other meal. The food is good. Have fun!

pogo
01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
We loved our dinner there last April. We've never had lunch there, but I'm sure it is good.

The character interaction was very good also. Enjoy ! :D

Charlee
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the responses - will get on the phone to Disney right away to get that ADR! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
We had a great lunch there on our last trip, and would suggest it to anyone:thumbsup:

gauvin4
01-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Our family enjoyed the Garden Grill. I thought the character interaction was fantastic!! Pluto got down on one knee and "proposed" to my DD16. I don't think I have ever seen her turn that shade of red. :mickey: I loved how the restaurant rotates and you seen different scenes.

murphy1
01-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Our favorite lunch spot in Epcot bar none, we love it!! We get FP for Soarin head over to Nemo and then our lunch time is about ready and we take a nice ride on Soarin afterwards. If Shannon is a server that day, ask for her, she is really nice. Food is excellent. Characters are great. Our server even asked me if I wanted to be in the pics and no one has done that for me, w/o dh and just me and our two oldest, it was nice to have that pic. Enjoy!! They serve beer and wine, too:party:

KylesMom
01-10-2008, 05:30 PM
A Disney trip would not be complete without lunch at The Garden Grill - it's one of our favorites! :mickey:

Crow
01-10-2008, 08:47 PM
i might try it. ive looked at it many times but never tried. gonna be at WDW end Feb so might use the DDE for it

teambricker04
01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
i might try it. ive looked at it many times but never tried. gonna be at WDW end Feb so might use the DDE for it

You should try it! We liked it, and it felt like a personal experience with the characters.

Charlee
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Booked the ADR - thanks a lot for all your comments! I just have one question for all you folks who've eaten there - I know the meal is served family style and we've never done this before - I know there's catfish on the menu and none of us eat fish is it possible to request not to have it?

KylesMom
01-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Of course. When your server takes your drink order, just ask him/her to not include the catfish on the family-style platter:mickey:.

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
We love the garden grill and have eaten lunch a couple times. The revolving resturant is a great novelty. We plan to eat there on our next trip.

texasteacher
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
The Garden Grill is a "must-do" for our family every trip. We don't go for the characters, only the delicious food, relaxing atmosphere, and that yummy orange blossom butter!

Natazu
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Garden Grill is one of my favorite lunch spots at WDW. The food is good, the service is good, and Farmer Mickey is adorable. The character interaction is about average, you'll see each character once or twice but the great thing is you have each one basically to yourself when they come by.

Donald A
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Was there last Thursday night for dinner, not lunch. However, I would go there again for lunch or dinner. It was a lot of fun for our group of 8 adults. Pluto came by and gave us quite a few laughs! The food was great but the selection is limited as the menu is family style. You can get more of whatever you do like after sampling it all!

DDuck66
01-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Booked the ADR - thanks a lot for all your comments! I just have one question for all you folks who've eaten there - I know the meal is served family style and we've never done this before - I know there's catfish on the menu and none of us eat fish is it possible to request not to have it?

Never been a problem, we always request any gravy on the side, and I do not care for the cranberry on my turkey. We just ask for it to be left off. My DW is also borderline diabetic so they always fix a special dessert for her.