PDA

View Full Version : Teeny Tiny Theme Park Packs

Christine
01-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Can someone tell me about these little collector packs? I have seen the foil packs in the parks and shops for a while, but this past trip I came across a "book-looking" box that you store them in.

My daughter LOVES to collect things. She's done the souvenir pennies to death, has lost interest in the pins, has done the EPCOT passport/masks several times.

This seems like it might be a cheaper fun "hunt" for our next trip in March.

How much "variety" will you find in the packs? If I remember correctly, the packs are $5.00 each and the storage box was $9.95. I just don't want her to spend her money on five or six packs and have multiples of one or two figures.

JPL
01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I don't know if you still can do this but I remember there being an area at Once Upon a Toy that allowed to trade doubles with the store.

Aggie97
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know if you still can do this but I remember there being an area at Once Upon a Toy that allowed to trade doubles with the store.

They still do have the trading boxes at Once Upon a Toy. We made some trades last month.

I've been buying the collector packs for several years, and you do get a great variety of items, between ride buildings, vehicles and character figures. You get three items in each $5 pack.

There are maybe four or five numbered "series" of Disney Park packs now that have different items available in them, so keep an eye out for the different colored bags. This is one way to avoid getting duplicates - to buy packs from different series.

There also are some Star Wars packs (maybe two series) that are pretty cute.

At Once Upon a Toy, just ask a CM at the cashier desk in the room with the collector packs if you can see the trading boxes. (Every once in awhile we've come across a CM who doesn't know about them, so just ask them to ask another CM. :)) You can make as many one-for-one trades as you like. There are separate boxes for the Disney Park items and the Star Wars items, though.

The trading boxes are a great way to avoid coming home with any duplicates, and I've found some pretty cool little items in them.

As an aside, I have some wall-hanging shadow boxes for which I collect all kinds of "cute little stuff" (not just Disney), and the collector pack items do look adorable in them. I started collecting stuff for shadow boxes when I was in early elementary school, and it has been a really fun collection that has continued my whole life. It's a blast to find tiny items when I am traveling! Maybe something to consider for your daughter who loves collecting, as the items can be inexpensive and don't take up much space. :)

Have fun!! :mickey:

Christine
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the info! And that's really cool that you can trade your duplicates! She will be thrilled to do this next trip!

JPL
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok my question is how many are in each series at $5 for three in a pack the entire set can get expensive relatively quickly. It would be great to calculate the average cost of a set since you can trade doubles:thumbsup:

Aggie97
01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok my question is how many are in each series at $5 for three in a pack the entire set can get expensive relatively quickly. It would be great to calculate the average cost of a set since you can trade doubles:thumbsup:

Yep - that's exactly why I haven't even tried to collect any full series -- I just buy a pack on every trip and trade to get the ones I think are cutest! :)

JPL
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I wish I could do that but I have a complete set obsession which is why I stopped with Baseball and other cards :blush:

Christine
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
I wish I could do that but I have a complete set obsession which is why I stopped with Baseball and other cards :blush:

Are you my long-lost brother! I can NOT halfway do a collection...it makes me psycho!
Glad to know I'm not the only one!

cowboy1313
01-14-2008, 11:25 PM
For those of us who don't get to either Disney World or Disneyland very often (I live in Texas). Is anyone interested in doing any trading of duplicate characters?"
When I do get to go, I usually buy several of the packs, but still end up with many duplicated.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Jim

PrincessEmmasMommy
01-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Anyone have a picture of what these packs look like?
Thanks!
Jen

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
For those of us who don't get to either Disney World or Disneyland very often (I live in Texas). Is anyone interested in doing any trading of duplicate characters?"
When I do get to go, I usually buy several of the packs, but still end up with many duplicated.

Thanks
Jim

Welcome to INTERCOT, Jim!

I don't have any of these to trade, but someone may - if so, they ought to be along soon...

JPL
01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Anyone have a picture of what these packs look like?
Thanks!
Jen

I'll try to get a picture this weekend and post it :mickey:

rebeccaculhane
01-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Here are the figures included in...

Series 1:
Mickey
Minnie
Goofy
Donald
Daisy
Pluto
Belle
Beast
Peter Pan Ride
Dumbo Ride
Astro Orbiter
Main Street Firetruck
Test Track Car
Kali River Rapids
Thunder Mountain Railroad
Spaceship Earth
Earful Tower
CTX vehicle

Series 2:
Aladdin
Ariel
Jasmine
Cinderella
Cinderella's Castle
Doom Buggy
Figment
Jungle Cruise
Matterhorn Bobsled
Monorail
Mr. Toad Car
Flick
Hopper
Walt Disney Train
Tinker Bell
Simba
Tea Cup
Pumbaa & Timon

Series 3:
Stitch
Bride Ghost
Sleeping Beauty
Disneyland Castle
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Haunted Mansion Mickey
Disney California Adventure Mountain
Mickey's Toontown House
Minnie's Toontown House
Disney Bear
Winnie the Pooh
Tigger
Eeyore
Piglet
Hitchhiking Ghost #1
Hitchhiking Ghost #2
Hitchhiking Ghost #3

Series 4:
(I believe the Star Wars packs are Series 4)
Boba Fett
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Maul
Darth Vader
Ewok
Jabba the Hutt
Jar Jar Binks
Jedi Mickey
Mickey Mouse as Luke
Minnie Mouse as Leia
Millennium Falcon
R2-D2
Rex
Star Tours Starspeeder 3000
Stormtrooper
Yoda
Z-Wing Fighter

Series 5:
Lilo
Sheriff Woody
Buzz Lightyear
Disneyland's Haunted Mansion
Snow White
It's a Small World Doll
A Disney Transportation Bus
Disney Cruise Line Ship
Dopey
Benny the Cab & Roger Rabbit
Jessica Rabbit
Animal Kingdom
Tree Of Life
Disneyland's Small World
Animal Kingdom Safari Jeep
MGM Studios Tower of Terror Hotel
Tower of Terror Bellhop Goofy
The Evil Witch Hag
X2 Mission Space Shuttle

rebeccaculhane
01-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim! I should be getting a few more packs in a few weeks, and I will more than likely have some duplicates. I will let you know!

cowboy1313
01-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Thank you!!

adoptionislove
01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I, too, am dying to see these.

So, when you get a $5-00 pack. Is it a surprise what is in each pack?:confused:

laughingplace<3
01-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I bought one pack at WoD here in NYC one time, and had some very cute minis. Unfortunatley, I lost them all and that is very annoying for me!:mad:

I think I might just take up collecting them again if they have a box to display them in. I know that sounds silly, that the decision to collect them comes from the fact that the sell an overpriced display box, but I am always losing things and this is a great way for me to begin collecting without problems. :D

Just to let people know, since I have easy access to WoD here in NYC and they sell all of the series, I can pick up the odd pack or so for people :mickey: I will be making a trip in the next week or so, so let me know! :)

laughingplace<3
01-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't know if WoD sells the collectors books though, and I was looking for some on ebay. I only found one listing and it is very expensive ($20 for the book plus expensive shipping!) so I was wondering if anyone knew of how I can get one of the books cheaper. If I don't figure out a way, I'll wait till I go to the store and see if they have them for sale.

adoptionislove
01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I might be interested!!!

laughingplace<3
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
It won't be this week, so it will probably be next week. I'll give a two day heads up to everyone on this thread and you can PM me if you are interested. :mickey:

JPL
02-09-2008, 07:50 PM
The picture I promised :thumbsup:

Set Picture (http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x22/JPLIntercot/WDW%20January%202008/12.jpg)

Aggie97
02-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Impressive collection! -- Thanks for posting the picture! :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
02-14-2008, 09:02 AM
You all have gotten me hooked. Now I have to make sure I move some souveiner money so I can get some of those little characters. :D Thanks for the picture.

tink2006
02-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow, what a great collection. I think I am hooked. Can you buy these packs at DTD in the World of Disney? Also, are they available in the resort stores?

trublueeyore
02-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the pic. My DS12 saw it and that is what he wants to get when we go in May. I do have a question... Are all of the series still available?

adoptionislove
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow!!! That is a great collection!

I am going to start it when I go next month!!!

JPL
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Yes all the series are still for sale:thumbsup:

Blue Genie
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
U had to start something hey JP well I've been getting them send I found out on them in 2003. Here is all I have.

First row= the very small Disney items is what you are looking at.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection003.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection004.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection005.jpg

2nd row
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection009.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection010.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection011.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection012.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection013.jpg

3rd row=the last 3 are my newsets ones from series 6.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/Disneycollection016.jpg

i'm grumpy
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Does anyone have a checklist for series 6?

Blue Genie
02-28-2008, 12:11 AM
series 6 coming up. The 3 that has numbers next to them don't worry about. This is how I keep taps on what I got and what order I got them in. So here is your list for series 6.

SERIES 6
1. BUZZ in SRS VEHICLE=54
2. BOO=55
3. NEMO=56
4. BRUCE
5. CRUSH
6. DASH
7. DORY
8. DOT
9. ELASTIGIRL
10. LITTLE GREEN MAN
11. LIGHTNING McQUEEN
12. MARLIN
13. MATER
14. MIKE
15. MR. INCREDIBLE
16. SALLY CARRERA
17. SULLEY
18. ZURG

i'm grumpy
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Aggie97
06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Just returned from WDW and purchased a couple Collector Packs from the new Park Series 7, which is all holiday-themed characters! They are ADORABLE. :mickey:

Series 7 Collector Pack
Holiday Aurora
Holiday Belle
Holiday Cinderella
Holiday Alice in Wonderland
Valentine's Figment.
St. Patrick's Goofy
Santa Tinker Bell
Thanksgiving Pooh
4th of July Pluto
Santa Mickey
Santa Minnie
New Year's Eve Mickey
Easter Bunny Mickey
Easter Bunny Minnie
Halloween Stitch
Thanksgiving Eeyore
Halloween Daisy
Halloween Donald

thumperbug
08-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I always save these packs but never realized how darn cute they are. I might have to start a new collection. Can you buy these online or only at WDW?

adoptionislove
08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
You can buy them on Ebay, but these nuts sell them for 5.00 EACH (not 3 for 5.00) plus like 5.00 shipping!

I bought a bunch at OUAT but none of the CMs told me I could trade the duplicates:confused: so I have a bunch that are doubles. Anyway, it is a really great collection that I started thanks to my Intercot buddies.

tinklover
08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
JPL did you have your display case made or did you get it at disney i really like it and if i can find something like that to dislplay them i am going to start a collection as well

Iluvpooh
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
WOW! I love these now I'm going to be hooked as well. It will probably make my husband happier-I am also a "full set" freak and right now my DDs and I are doing Webkinz and boy are they getting expensive!

cowboy1313
09-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Been a while since I last posted. I wanted to check and see if anyone has any duplicates from the first 5 series that want to trade or sell. I'm still trying to complete these before going on to series 6 & 7
Thanks
Jim

DonnaT103
09-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Count me a hooked too. I do the pins, but they can get expensive, heavy and bulky, even though I limit myself to Tink. I think I just might try these little guys when we go in January.
:minnie::mickey3: