PDA

View Full Version : WL Questions

luvdiznee
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
We have never stayed here, but have been here for a few meals. But just wondering as far as the rooms, is the Courtyard view WORTH it? I realize this is an opinion question, but just wondering. I'm one I don't mind paying for "views" but my sis and her family who have never been to Disney are coming with us and they cannot afford the view. So I am trying to decide between a view room OR a connecting Woodsview room? The connection would be nice since it will be dd and my niece who are the same age. But still looking for opinions on the Courtyard View. Thanks:mickey:

WishingStar2006
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
A courtyard view is not necessarily the pool area....it can be overlooking the "courtyard" that leads to the WLV.

I would definitely go with the connecting rooms in your situation....there is so much beauty at WL you really can't go wrong.

vicster
01-10-2008, 09:55 AM
We stay in a courtyard view room overlooking the pool - we like to sit on the balcony in the evenings. However, I will say in the mornings you can hear the chairs scraping on the concrete when people are moving them so the woods view may be a little quieter.

laprana
01-10-2008, 10:02 AM
We stayed in a courtyard view room in December, and to us, it wasn't worth the extra $$. Our room overlooked the woods between WL and the villas, so there wasn't much to look at except trees. It wasn't a bad view, and it was peaceful and quiet. We were just hoping for a Courtyard View room that actually overlooked the courtyard. I would say go for the connecting rooms.

WL is absolutely beautiful! We really enjoyed staying there. Hope you do, too! :mickey:

MartyS
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, when we stayed at WL, we had a courtyard view, and it turned out to be a view of the pool for the villas. We were on the 6th floor also, which has a solid half wall instead of railing on the balcony, so, unless you walked over to that wall, there wasn't much of a view anyway. If you can get a room on the north wing, facing the lake, you will probably be able to see the fireworks from the balcony, if y'all are even there, we were at the parks til close, so really, we mostly came back there to sleep anyway. North wing would be great also because it's closer to the boat dock. WL is a great place to stay, y'all will love it no matter which part they put you in.

MartyS
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
BTW, the only reason we stayed in a courtyard view in the first place was that we wanted a bunk bed. Debbie at Magical Journeys saved us at least a thousand bucks on our trip, so paying the extra for the view was painless. If you haven't already booked, MJ would be really worth talking to, if they can't save you some $$, nobody can.

vamaggie
01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I would go for the connecting rooms as well. How much are you really going to be looking at the view? Unless you could guarantee that you could see the castle and fireworks from your room (and you can never guarantee this!) I would not pay the extra. Overlooking the pool could also be noisy if folks are using the pool later into the evening/night and depending on the ages of your girls could be too much stimulation.

Tygger7
01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Another vote for connecting rooms with Woods view. We had Woods view on our last trip and have a beautiful view of the lake. IMHO, paying extra for the view isn't worth it at WL...I don't think there's a "bad" view from any room. Also, another vote for Magical Journey's. They are great about finding discounts and if they can't save you money, no one can. :mickey:

mickey&missy
01-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Definitely go for woods view connecting rooms. There really isn't that much look at with the courtyard view. The pool. Yippee! I mean it was nice to look down and see my kids in the pool with DH when I stayed in the room but it wasn't worth the extra $$. To me the fact that we were the second to last room on the end of the hall was more worth the $$. If we looked to the left we had a view of Bay Lake (with trees) and a SPECTACULAR sunrise! I also remember reading somewhere, but I could be wrong, that with some of the woods view rooms you can see the Monorail go by and get a little view of Wishes at night.

stephntampa
01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
We had a courtyard view on our visit in December 2007 and LOVED it. The weather was gorgeous, so in the evening we would open the slider door to enjoy the breeze and the sound of the "crickets" (piped in.. love the disney magic!) and the trickling of the stream...:cloud9:
It was one of the most relaxing vacations ever!! It was such a nice way to unwind after a busy day!

luvdiznee
01-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone. And yes it is a beautiful resort, from what we've seen. And even though we have pics from just visiting over here it will be nice to get more pics of our room and what view we get. It's going to be especially nice for my sis who has never been to WDW. :mickey:

Tigger&Stitch
01-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Yep, another vote for the Woods view. We get the Passporter every year, and one of the comments that stuck in my head regarding the Courtyard view is that "it can be very noisy".

We had a woods view - Room 4140 to be exact. I recommend anything on that side as the view are beautiful, and it's very very quiet. Just across the hall,however (odd numbers I think), the rooms overlook a noisy pool.

We love it there - enjoy! No matter what room you are in, you can explore the lobby and all the little spaces to chill out and read a book or even look out over the lake. :tigger: