PDA

View Full Version : 40% Moderate Discount?

LarryBoy
01-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Did anyone else get a flyer from Disney about 40% discounts at moderate hotels. It says they are available all year, but you must book before March 31. I could not find a code on it anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this?

garymacd
01-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, this would be sweet. I am looking at booking for May. Let me know if it is true.

Darbylew
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I have not heard of the discount but would love
to get it as we are going the first week in April.
Hope someone has an answer. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-10-2008, 09:56 AM
If anyone hears that it's more than a bounce-back rate and it's open to the general public, let me know! We're headed to WDW in August and this would be fantastic as we'd only have to pay rack rates for one night with a promotion like this.

missalabama
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
From what I've read on another site this is not a bounce back offer. This seems to be coming to random people through snail mail or email. Some people have reported that it is 40% off of packages and rooms. There are certain weeks throughout the year that it can be used.

LarryBoy
01-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Ours came through snail mail earlier this week, and I couldn't find a code on it. Of course now I can't find it. I think my wife threw it away. I may be digging through the trash tonight.

BigRedDad
01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I am keeping my fingers crossed to see if this comes across my mail. 40% off a moderate during my stay is almost the same as the rack rate at POP. I would hop to a mod in an instant for the same price.

Figment!
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Ours came through snail mail earlier this week, and I couldn't find a code on it. Of course now I can't find it. I think my wife threw it away. I may be digging through the trash tonight.

Thanks for the clarification, I gathered you received it while staying at a resort when you said "flyer".

If you received it in the mail (and it did not state that it was a public discount), it is likely a private discount code. In addition to the code (which can not be posted here according to the Terms of Service) there is typically a unique pin # that must be given at the time of booking.

Figment!
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Just for reference sake, the following is the e-mail version of the announcment being sent to select potential Guests:
Available for stays most nights:
1/6–1/17 and 1/20–1/31/08

2/24–3/5/08

3/30–4/8/08

8/10–9/27/08

10/19–11/1/08

11/9–11/15/08

12/7–12/17/08

40 % OFF

A DISNEY STAY! AND YOU'VE GOT 7 GREAT TIMES TO SHOOT FOR!

Aiming for some Disney fun? You can save 40% off per night, plus tax at select Disney Moderate Resorts in a standard room. And there are other Resort room types available, including Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, at varying rates. Ask about them when you call to book your vacation!

You'll find special events and new attractions taking place during every one of these 7 special times! And because of the usually shorter lines and comfortable weather, these weeks are when you could enjoy Disney the most!

And if you want some help in planning your vacation, we've included a handy calendar for you to download. You'll find that the Disney fun and savings happen all year!

MAKE SURE AND BOOK BEFORE MARCH 31, 2008, TO GET THIS OFFER AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WEEKS YOU WANT!

Please Note: Only individuals who receive this e-mail or mailing are eligible for the discount.

#1donaldfan
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
My retarded question would be, how do they know you didn't receive the mailer if there is not sort of code on it.....or is it in Disney's system that they sent it to you...????? I sure think it sounds great and I could / would love to use it....I can change my week to take advantage of 40% off.........WOW !!!!:mickey:

Tink1
01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
There is a code on each postal mailing and email that is specific for the person it was sent to.

On the postcard, it is highlighted in yellow above your name

On the email it is in the column on the right side of your screen

Hope that helps!

Nanci

LarryBoy
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
So it sounds like I need to go through the trash and find that mailer. I hope it's still in the house. :fingers: I'm pretty sure it came after trash pick up day. Gosh, now I'm nervous.

Cookie123
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm just curious ..... When did everyone get these e-mails ?

LuvAllPrincesses
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I received my discount card snail mail about 2 days ago. Mine, though, was for value resorts at 40% off. I have to wonder if it isn't a result of answering a survey when you are at a park. On our last trip (Dec 2006), we were stopped by a CM at Epcot and asked if we would complete a verbal survey with him that took about 5-10 minutes, and it included giving name, address, etc. We were staying at POP (2 adjoining rooms) and were asked questions about how many times we had visited, stayed at which resorts, would we again, etc. Does anyone else who received these offers remember doing a survey? If so, I guess it was worth spending the time at Epcot that day!

katzctkpt
01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey, we were stopped 3 times last year and asked for our email address. I haven't checked the mail at the Post Office but, it would be awesome to have a mailer there only one thing. I want to go Christmas week and from what Figment posted it's not for that time or even for the week we had planned to go in the summer. It excluded June/July and 1st part of Aug.

LarryBoy
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I don't remember completing a survey in the last few trips, but I have done it before. We were hoping to go first week of December, but may have to make a change if the deals are that good. Like I said I hope I can find the mailer when I get home. :fingers:

Catzle
01-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I just called Disney and asked about this discount. There is no rhyme or reason as who gets these mailings and they are pin coded to your name.

Checked, nothing under my name. But if you lost or threw yours away you can call Disney directly and the pin would be under your name. She also said a lot of times after these mailings go out not soon afterwards there is sometimes a public discount offered so who knows.

cindyrellinut
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I received this email a few days ago and booked a package for August today. If you do use this be aware that some cast members when you call and book will say that it is a room only discount. It took me 3 times to get a cast member that was willing to help me. My best friend called today and got the exact same rate as I did without using a code at all for August $49.20 per night at Pop Century:mickey:

Crow
01-10-2008, 08:57 PM
i would love to have gotten this, just booked 3 nights Pop w AP for $79.
and im also hoping to go maybe MidMay and/or Sept.
i remember getting postcards before once or twice. once was right after i got back from WDW.

wdwnomad
01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I got an email from Disney Destinations with the 40% discount pin the other day.

I got one last year too and used it. It ended up being a very good deal. While on that trip we booked for this year using the free dining bounceback offer that was going on at the time. I ran the numbers and the free dining is a better deal for us because we are staying in a value resort and have the dining plan.

teamblackwell
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
I got the email too, mine is for 40% off Value resorts. Now for the hard part, convincing " not so Disney" spouse. :(

mudpuppysmom
01-11-2008, 09:16 AM
I got a mailer via snail mail two days ago and ours was for value resorts......now I think Disney knows that I've been there (not necessarily their resorts, but SOG) and we have a trip coming up next week and NOW they send me this discount offer!! The last time I got a postcard from them was when the All Stars opened and they offered $49 per night on them......too bad we couldn't take advantage of it then as we really can't now as I'm due to have a kid in June and we won't be going back for a while DH says.......my sister thinks we should just take our kids and go in November......I'm a little skeptical of taking an infant to the world.....I just like to have too much fun!!!

Beckybalz
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I never get any special offers :(
Do you think they tend to target people that don't go very often to try to renew their interest? I tend to go so much that they probably know they don't need to send me an offer to get me to go!

jeremyleo
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I never seem to get any offers either. We try to go every 2 years and I have taken time for the surveys at the parks as well.

I just assumed it was because I was in Canada.

Oh well, AAA (CAA) discount will have to do.

disneyjo-91
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
I just called .. No discount under my name. :mad:
I really think it stinks that I go to disney all the time (2x's or more a year) and I have never once got any postcards... or emails.

Maybe I should stop going and I will get one to make me come back!! LOL :D

Bethis26fan
01-11-2008, 11:05 AM
We got one for a vaule you room. DId anyone get to book the package w/ the 40%. I know it wouldn't apply to the tickets but it would save time doing it all in one step.

Lynn J Mc
01-11-2008, 11:23 AM
My offer came yesterday via US mail. We have been to DW 15 times total and 4 times in the last 6 years. Ours is for 40% off Deluxe resorts and that is where we usually stay. That is the only thing that makes sense about the offer to me. Otherwise, I think there is no rhyme or reason for the Disney offers.

Dsnygirl
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
:mickey: Sigh.... I would really like to see something come in my mail, snail or otherwise... seems so many of my friends have gotten them, even prior to their first visit, but we never have. :( We're going in December but haven't booked yet (we always use MJ, and they always keep us up-to-date on discounts), so I guess we'll just keep waiting for the discounts to come out in August. :fingers:

Bri
01-11-2008, 12:00 PM
i got the e-mail 2 days ago. we normally stay at POFQ but were able to book AKL for $135 per night! i almost screamed when i heard that. like you know when you get really excited about something and you can't control yourself, that's how i felt. mine was not only for moderate obviously but i had to read the fine print to find that out. i hope many more of you get the same offer!

KarenP
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
All of these PIN offers I have seen so far include all resort categories, subject to availability and can be booked as room only or as a package.

missalabama
01-11-2008, 01:23 PM
even if it says it is for value....you can still book moderate and deluxe......just call them....as long as you have the postcard or email you are fine.

BigRedDad
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
I wish I would get one. My parents, brother, and his family go about 6-8 times a year. I don't think they have gotten the discount or any discount other than FL rates. I never get them and none of my friends have ever seen them. Maybe with a little :pixie: one of us will get one.

lindique
01-11-2008, 06:15 PM
I just got all excited for nothing! In today's mail was a postcard from Disney - finally, I thought (I have never gotten a "code") - but it was for the Disney Vacation Club.:cry: GRRRRRRRRR

mpaxton88
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Yep, Kathy at MJ informed me on the phone today that the pin can be used for any catagory of resort.

Here's hoping we get one!

Mike

Terk24
01-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Didnt need to twist our arms for a second trip!!:number1: We will be staying at PC for 10 nights for $670. We booked two rooms for a total of 1340. Moderate for the same time perios was 1,100 for 10 nights 1 room. The rate is good for any resort level. This is the first time we have received a post card. We went last Feb and August. We will be going in 4weeks. Non of my other family rec'd the card.

jedi jen
01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I just want to let everyone know, I got the 40% discount even though I did not get any card. Because I heard about it here on Intercot, I called and asked if it was available to me (maybe the card was lost in the mail or something). The very nice CM checked and I was not sent a card but he said he would see if it was available for me. He put me on hold a minute (I held my breath). He came back and said it was. There were limited dates (June and July were pretty taken already), but I had options. I booked for August at the Polynesian (never stayed there but could not resist). I also got 40% off a package with the delux dining plan.

I heard about the 40% on Intercot. I don't know if we would have been able to do Disney this summer without the discount. The kids are excited. Thank you Intercot members for your discussions. I really enjoy them. :joy::clappy:

MNNHFLTX
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
We got a flyer today in the mail (USPS) and it stated a discount of 40% off at deluxe resorts. Actually I should say my husband got the discount, as it was addressed to him, which tells me it was connected to his annual pass that expired over two years ago. We stayed at a deluxe resort on a trip during that time frame, so it probably why it reflected a discount for the deluxe resorts.

Not much help for those out there who didn't get the email or snail-mail brochure, but thought it might offer a clue as to why some people get these types of offers. :mickey:

chicade88
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I just want to let everyone know, I got the 40% discount even though I did not get any card. Because I heard about it here on Intercot, I called and asked if it was available to me (maybe the card was lost in the mail or something). The very nice CM checked and I was not sent a card but he said he would see if it was available for me. He put me on hold a minute (I held my breath). He came back and said it was. There were limited dates (June and July were pretty taken already), but I had options. I booked for August at the Polynesian (never stayed there but could not resist). I also got 40% off a package with the delux dining plan.

I heard about the 40% on Intercot. I don't know if we would have been able to do Disney this summer without the discount. The kids are excited. Thank you Intercot members for your discussions. I really enjoy them. :joy::clappy:

Wow, thats really odd. I thought you had to be sent a code in order to book this offer? Anyone else able to book without a code?

johnnyr
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
I been trying to book the 40% discount without the code for 4 days now and the CM's just won't do it. They keep checking my name and everyone in my household, but they say it wasn't sent to me. :(

MickyLuver
01-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I received my mailer the first week of January and they do have blackout dates but there are plenty of dates available. I have to book before March 31. I did have a code for the 40% off. But the mailer I received did not offer any discounts for June or July. Maybe they send out different mailers.

fstyne
01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I received an email offering 40% off Deluxe Resorts. When I called to book, I was told it was valid for room only. I called back after reading these posts and was able to book a package. The 40% came off the room portion only but I was able to book tickets and a Dining Plan. I am so glad I read these posts. Thanks.

coloradowendyl
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Please beware...pincodes are to be used by the person who has received the email or postcard. They are not transferrable nor are they bookable without the actual pin number. They may be booked by you or your travel agent for your party.

Many people have reported success in calling and finding the code attached to their names. That is wonderful! HOWEVER, if you attempt and are able to book a room without the code attached to your name or without the actual pincode emailed or snail mailed to you, you may find out down the road that Disney has discovered the error and reverted your package back to rack rate. There are many new castmembers on the phone...who are not always knowledgable about the rules regarding pincodes and I would hate for anyone to end up with a nasty surprise either at time of final payment or at check in!

Wendy

Donald's Girl
01-15-2008, 07:27 PM
As someone who spends almost all their vacation money with Disney and who is planning a week at the Polynesian this December (during the weeks the offer is valid) I called and was told selection was entirely random. I asked if it was true then that someone in the room next to me may be paying 40% LESS than me and was told yes!!
I asked to whom I could make a complaint and he suggested I email WDW website which I promptly did!

I have a REAL problem if they are doing this! In my mail I mentioned that I know they keep a history on their guests and suggest they look up mine! Hopefully I'll get some kind of response on this.:mad:

Catzle
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Where did you email?

Donald's Girl
01-15-2008, 10:40 PM
The CM I got on the phone told me to do it right on WDW site. At bottom I went to "Contact Us" and when I went over list of options just sent message to the first listed which seemed like general info. Got the automatic reply back; will post what/if I hear from them.

Here we go again...
01-16-2008, 06:36 AM
We got a flyer today in the mail (USPS) and it stated a discount of 40% off at deluxe resorts. Actually I should say my husband got the discount, as it was addressed to him, which tells me it was connected to his annual pass that expired over two years ago. We stayed at a deluxe resort on a trip during that time frame, so it probably why it reflected a discount for the deluxe resorts.

Not much help for those out there who didn't get the email or snail-mail brochure, but thought it might offer a clue as to why some people get these types of offers. :mickey:
I got the card in the mail and neither one of these options applied to us. The card came in my daughters name and the only time she came with us was 4 years ago... we had no AP and stayed at POR.

Please beware...pincodes are to be used by the person who has received the email or postcard. They are not transferrable nor are they bookable without the actual pin number. They may be booked by you or your travel agent for your party.
Wendy
I was told that I could not use the pin code for a reservation.... even though the pin code was mailed to me (has my address) and the person it was addressed to is my daughter. She is not a minor so I can not book for her or use her name.
The sad thing is that I PAID for the vacation that was under her name. It was booked by me and she stayed in my room.

My guess is that they are trying to get people that have not booked on their own or do not go very often back.

It would have been great to book a cheap trip in the summer and save our DVC points for a longer trip. I guess I will have to settle with 2 weeks this year. :(

Terk24
01-16-2008, 10:01 AM
I don't know that their is a tie into when you vactioned. We went twice last year, we go back in 3 weeks, and we still got a card. It is hard to speculate on why we got them but it is not based on if you have gone recently or not.

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Can you use Magical journeys and book and still get the 40%?

Tink1
01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
We can apply the PIN for anyone who receives it, not a problem.

My husband received a PIN. There has not been a room reserved in his name/email in MANY years so I am assuming that was why he got one.

Nanc

BigRedDad
01-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I am not sure about the idea of not being there in a long while. My DW and I have not been in 7 years. We are going back in 2 months. We have not received anything. Our address, phone, and email are still the same as when we went. I for one do not like "random" (or should I say discriminatory) discounts. If there is a discount, it should be offered to everyone that meets a criteria: AP holders, FL residents, Disney Visa holders, etc. Randomly sending a discount can be construed as discrimination.

Tink1
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
It is the marketing Dept that sends out the PIN codes. They set a "criteria" of sorts to determine who gets the PIN codes. It could be one set criteria, or a combination of various criteria. (Example: He could fit intoa criteria of "empty nester", adult over 50, no record of being there since the 90's, NE PA resident, etc etc)

They then see who responds to this offer via the personalized PIN number in order to adjust their future marketing campaigns. This is THE reason for the PIN - to track their marketing.

What may seem like random selection by us, is far from random to them. There is a method to every madness Disney does.

Nanci

Donald's Girl
01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, got a response today. A lot of blah, blah, blah about promotions and how they offer all different ones and I should watch for ads...they basically told me to go pound salt!

I replied to that email and told them they still didn't understand my question of how someone who always uses Deluxe or sometimes Moderate (only spent a one night trip at Pop) and wants to spend a week at Polynesian this December will be paying 40% more than someone who may be in the room next to them, who has never paid Deluxe rates, getting a BIG discount.

I then went on to say it seems like they don't care about alienating people that are (didn't use the word in the email) basically Disney suckers and will go back anyway. Told them it leaves a bad taste and the "Magic" is definitely tarnished today.
:(

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
You could think of it as one of the dream give aways if you didn't get a pin. Not everyone that goes to the parks gets something from the dream team same with the pin #.

Just didn't want you to have a bad taste about disney, even though I understand what your saying.

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok I talked with the people at MJ and they couldn't get the 40% with the magic your way package.

BEGEATER
01-18-2008, 02:40 AM
anybody having any luck getting dates OUTSIDE what was posted with the 40% off. I was able to book w/ out pin or post card but by mentioning 40% off with Hulio at 9:50 pm est Wed night. He said no problem for 12/7-12/17 $49.20 a night with tax was $55.36 for deposit on 1st night room only. Not sure if this was just luck or what. DH wants to go to see Rays vs Jays while they are on property, Tropicana isn't that great of a ball park. 4/19-4/26 we are looking to go. :D

BigRedDad
01-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I just called and asked about it as well. I was told I didn't qualify. I asked if there was someone I could talk with, but they had no one. I asked what it took to qualify and was told there is no qualification. Then I asked how I could not qualify since there is no qualification. I asked to talk to a supervisor and somehow the phone hung up.

#1donaldfan
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I just called and we do have a pin # for our discount......it is for specific time, which Figment has already mentioned. They are name, address, phone number specific and cannot be transferred and are sorta on a time constraint as rooms may become unavailable....not sure of the logistics of it all, but we have a code and hopefully we'll be able to utilize it.....:cool::thumbsup:

Swazie
01-18-2008, 06:50 PM
We have been going for years now. I always fill out every survey, every web site, everything Disney I can. We are DVC'ers. We pay cash for extra nights. We are AP holders (and daily ticket holders for some kids). We belonged to the MKC before it went by the wayside. I check my six websites faithfully to keep up on everything. We stay at Deluxe or Moderate resorts. We have been for three trips during the dream give aways with six to eleven people in our parties. We buy the dining plan. We traveled to WDW for Christmas 2001 when no one else came!

We have NEVER received a post card, email, or a thank you for spending all our vacation dollars in Florida.:( Our oldest kids are screaming to go anywhere else for vacation, it's really me that is the fanatic. I just don't get how we can be so unlucky to not be picked for SOMETHING. My DH says it's because we're from Nebraska:cool:

The other part I can't figure out is the recent quotes in the Sentinal by Disney officials that their rooms showed a 90% occupancy rate for last year. Whoaa! Maybe because we are the only household to never receive a discount and still keep coming!!

BMan62
01-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Y'all got me wound up thinking that I may have missed the card in the mail or dumped the e-mail as junk, so I had to give them a call and check if they had a code associated with our household.

Nope! We missed out on this one! That's too bad too because we already have plans for the late September time frame and could have used the savings to move up to PO:R from PC. We could also have used the savings to allow DW's sister and BIL to come with us this time.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Gottaluvgoof
01-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Ok, so I just got off the phone with WDW. I was told my dates were eligible and she went to give me the price. Just so happens I am on the bounce back program for free dining, so she said I could have one or the other. The dining ends up being a far greater discount, so I stuck with my original plans. She didn't ask me for a pin or anything else. So, it is worth a try. All they can say is, "No."

disneyjo-91
01-19-2008, 10:06 AM
What is the disney bounce back program?????

BEGEATER
01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
bounce back is an offer only valid during your stay at disney. the free dining was a bounce back offer, it was on a card in your room. you had to call to book the deal while you were on vacation, it expired the day you checked out. hope that helps.

coloradowendyl
01-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Disneyjo-91

The bounceback / return guest offer is a promotion that Disney offered several times during the past few months for discounted rates for a return visit. It was offered in September for September 2008 stays and that particular offer was for free dining if you booked a September 2008 package.

Bounceback has been offered again at times in November and December and we have heard, in January, offering discounted packages for specific time periods during 2008.

The offer has been placed in Guest Resort rooms and/or offered on Resort TV. It must be booked and deposited before the guest checks out.

Hope this helps!
Wendy

kadesha
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
my sister got one of these in the mail. She has never been to disney and never plans on going. I, however, go whenever I can. It made me really mad, it's non-transferable!

teamblackwell
01-20-2008, 01:09 AM
I hate to have to be the bearer of bad news but, (most of the time) big discounts are designed to do one thing; turn light or moderate users into frequent users. I get the impression here that the 40% off promotion is suppossed to reward frequent users, its a nice idea but not reality. Its no different than the cell phone companies that give loads of free minutes to new customers only, existing customers get squat, cuz they already got you.

disneyjo-91
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Disneyjo-91

The bounceback / return guest offer is a promotion that Disney offered several times during the past few months for discounted rates for a return visit. It was offered in September for September 2008 stays and that particular offer was for free dining if you booked a September 2008 package.

Bounceback has been offered again at times in November and December and we have heard, in January, offering discounted packages for specific time periods during 2008.

The offer has been placed in Guest Resort rooms and/or offered on Resort TV. It must be booked and deposited before the guest checks out.

Hope this helps!
Wendy

Thanks! I called disney today and I was told that if I am in disney in april.. I can book my trip with free dining in Aug. (we are going to go in april and aug) So does this sound right wendy? I was told I would be eligible as long as I am there at the resort AND i booked before April 21st.

Also How was the other poster able to book this bounce back offer on the phone? Dont you have to be on property?

:D

Gottaluvgoof
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks! I called disney today and I was told that if I am in disney in april.. I can book my trip with free dining in Aug. (we are going to go in april and aug) So does this sound right wendy? I was told I would be eligible as long as I am there at the resort AND i booked before April 21st.

Also How was the other poster able to book this bounce back offer on the phone? Dont you have to be on property?

:D

If you are referring to me, I booked my "Bounce back" while I was at the resort last September. I called about the 40% and she said I was eligible, but I could either get the discount, or keep my free dining bounce back. I opted for the free dining. :D

disneyjo-91
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
If you are referring to me, I booked my "Bounce back" while I was at the resort last September. I called about the 40% and she said I was eligible, but I could either get the discount, or keep my free dining bounce back. I opted for the free dining. :D

Thanks! I was confused! I thought you called and they gave it to you without being on property!! LOL! I was like how do I do that?!!

I am hoping I can get a bounce back discount for Aug .. When I visit in April.. Keeping my fingers crossed!:thumbsup:

LarryBoy
01-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Is there any bounce back going on right now? My wife is down there for a convention this week. We hope to take a trip in December.

thrillme
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty certian I also got a postcard from Disney. At the time I didn't think much of it there COULD have easily been something attached to it. Does anyone have the number that you call to check?

I'd like to go in October.

davidrea
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I just called Disney and tried to use a code for 20% off and they wouldn't use for our date, but they had my wrong email address and said they sent me an email for this 40% off schedule and told me to look for future emails. Has anyone ever received these? For 40% off I'd change our dates. :) thanks

mpaxton88
01-23-2008, 12:25 AM
I oddly enough got a postcard with a pin for a 30% discount, not 40% in the mail today.

Catzle
01-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Wish I would get any discount it would make life a lot easier!

splashtest
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
I also got one in the mail, for deluxe resorts. I tried to see if anything was availbale for the dates I am going, but there are little availability left. WL and Saratoga Springs were the only two left. I would recommend everyone not to sit on this discount. Rooms are very limited. I am thinking about booking again for December so I can use it and get the deal!!!

beets
01-26-2008, 04:26 PM
We are planning a December trip but have not received any 40% discount solicitations. I called the Disney travel folks and although we don't have one (yet) I was told we could piggyback off another family member or friend's number. That person could book up to three rooms with the discount.

ginger19
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I just got an email from Disney assuring me that there was no bounceback when I was there last weekend. According to the woman, the last one ended in September of 2007.

I'm aggravated. It seems to depend on who you get when you call or write. We'll likely stay off property based on this.