PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Question

Dr. Disney
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
My family and I are planning on visiting WDW mid-November. It appears that the Christmas Party begins right around that time. Is it worth the money attending the Christmas party so early in the season? Are all the same activities available as there would be Mid-December?

Another question... we've heard of all the neat Holiday things different resorts do (Gingerbread House, Edible displays, etc). Are these put together mid-November... or still being put together??

Just a few questions. We have never been down in WDW for the Christmas celebration. We are looking forward to possibly taking in some of this. Thanks for the responses!

Strmchsr
01-10-2008, 08:35 AM
The MVMCP is the same no matter when you go, and most of the park decorations are up. Some of the other things - like the gingerbread house - generally isn't ready until closer to Thanksgiving. Also, Epcot's Candlelight processional doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, nor do the holiday storytellers. The Osborne Lights start even before the MVMCP, though.

Dr. Disney
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the information. When do the Worldwide Christmas traditions / storytelling begin in EPCOT?

Strmchsr
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the information. When do the Worldwide Christmas traditions / storytelling begin in EPCOT?

After Thanksgiving.

mickeymousedabomb
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello! We were just down in WDW Nov 21 - Dec 1 and attended the party! Very well worth it! All the CM's are dressed in holiday clothes during the party, we saw a great show in Tomorrowland at the galaxy theatre, the fireworks display was terrific!! We loved the parade too, be sure to stand close so you can smell some of the floats, that was so cool! We had purchased our tickets online within the first week of being sold and at that time frame all the tickes (child & adult) were the children's price, I believe $35.95. We had the day planned perfectly, EMH am so we got there for that, took a break in mid afternoon knowing the party went till 12 and when we came back before our ADR for LTT at 5 we used our MVMCP ticket to go back in the park and at that time they had given us our wrist bands. The lines were short everywhere (literally 10 min or less, some walk on rides and shows) and everyone had a blast! There are certain stores that sell MVMCP memorablia like shirts, sweatshirts and pins. We all got a tee shirt and both DD's got a MVMCP '07 pin. It was very special and Disney really does it up with decorations and theming. Oh and if you get the chance just take a day to go resort hopping and see the magnificant trees and gingerbreads, they are all unique the the resorts theme. We loved it so much we are planning another Thanksgiving trip for '09!!! Have fun!

Dr. Disney
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
With the discount Disney is now advertising, we are looking at going November 9th - 15th. THE Christmas Party should start right near the end of our trip (hoping). We are really looking forward to this!

McGoofy
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM

I was just at Disney for all of the Christmas activity on December 18-22. According to the guide that I have from Epcot, Epcot's Christmas festivities (including the storytelling) ran from November 23-December 30, 2007.

I thoroughly enjoyed the MVMCP.

I did an extensive trip report that tells all about the holiday activites--everything from resorts, to the MVMCP, lights, holiday storytelling, etc... It is in 3 different threads, but here is the link (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122645)to the first thread if you are interested. I also included several photos in the 3 threads, so you can get an idea of all the things that you are asking about if you would like to see them.

Strmchsr
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
According to the guide that I have from Epcot, Epcot's Christmas festivities (including the storytelling) ran from November 23-December 30, 2007.

Remember that Thanksgiving was early this year and happened on Nov 22, which is why the storytelling happened early this year. In 2008 the full Christmas events probably won't start until Nov 28.

Dr. Disney
01-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you all for the great input!... Storm Chaser.. you're awesome. You gave great information when we went down during a Hurricane and now you're coming through again. Looks like we are changing our trip to early/mid December. Any idea how the weather is then (besides the little info in info central)?

Strmchsr
01-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Looks like we are changing our trip to early/mid December. Any idea how the weather is then (besides the little info in info central)?

Glad to help. Weather in December can range from highs near 45 to highs near 80 and everything in between. This December we had both. In general the colder shots don't last more then 2-3 days before the weather moderates. Cold fronts are fairly common, so you expect at least a chance of rain every 3-4 days. If you go to the very bottom of Info Central there's a historical weather page where you can see the exact weather on the dates you're considering going for the last 4 years. That'll help, too.

ilovemyjj31
02-25-2008, 02:29 AM
My whole family went to MVMCP last year and had a blast!! WE got in a 4, even though it doesn't start till 7pm, they let you in a 4pm..so it gives you 3 hours to enjoy extra...the characters were dressed in there winter best..so cute!! They said you got cookies and cocoa for free,,i was expecting a bathroom cup of hot cocoa, but we got like 8 oz cup/w a lid..a huge sugar cookie...alll ya wanted!!! PLus they had apple slices and apple juice!!! The parade was soo good..the smells off the floats..cinnamon, candy, mmm..they were so yummy in the air!!! The soldiers are my favorite!!
But, i highly recommend the time its worth it!!!!!:thumbsup:

Dr. Disney
02-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Thank you for your reply! We are now planning out trip Dec. 8th - 14th. I can't wait! The parade / party and seeing what the different resorts do.

MushuGrl
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Dr. Disney I'll see you there! We're planning our first Christmas trip for then too!

LoriMistress
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
DH and I went to two MVMCP last year in early December. It was a lot of fun, even though both parties were sold out. The park never did seem to be that crowded. The rides were a walk on; the Christmas shows are great. MS:USA snows, and the castle is breathtaking. The parade is very cute; and some how we ended up watching the two parades, whether if we wanted to or not. LOL

The cookies and hot cocoa was a nice touch, and park was very Christmasy. Though, the only complaint would be the long lines to have your pictures taken with the characters. I know Disney has no power over this, but it every line for a character would be 45-60 minutes!!!

DH and I would go to MVMCP again if we had the chance.

Dr. Disney
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Just booked... We'll be there Dec. 8th - 14th. CAN"T wait! When to tickets usually go on sale for MVMCP?